KM Nurul Huda
KM Nurul Huda is a retired secretary of Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh, present incumbent Chief Election Commissioner of Bangladesh and was a freedom fighter during the Bangladesh Liberation War. He is a former chief executive officer of Dhaka City Corporation. He also served as Joint Secretary of the Ministry of Environment and Forests and Additional Secretary to the Secretariat of Bangladeshi Parliament.
KM Nurul Huda
|12th Chief Election Commissioner of Bangladesh|
February 15, 2017 – present
|Prime Minister||Sheikh Hasina|
|Preceded by||Kazi Rakibuddin Ahmad|
|Born||1948 (age 73)|
Bauphal Upazila, Patuakhali
Early life and educationEdit
Nurul Huda took part in Bangladesh Liberation War from sector-9.
He is a Bangladesh Civil Service cadre of 1973's Freedom Fighter batch. He served as the Deputy Commissioner and District Magistrate of Cumilla and Faridpur. In 2006 he was forced to retire from the public service during the Bangladesh Nationalist Party-Jamaat-led alliance government from 2001 to 2006 even before he became the secretary but a Supreme Court ruling gave him the status of secretary.
He worked as the director, administration and human resources, for Gemcon Ltd. He also Served as the chairman of North West Zone Power Distribution Company Ltd, and the managing director of Bangladesh Municipal Development Fund.
President Abdul Hamid has appointed KM Nurul Huda as the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of Bangladesh on February 6, 2017. He took oath as the new CEC on February 15, 2017.
- "KM Nurul Huda named Bangladesh's new chief election commissioner". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "President picks ex-bureaucrat KM Nurul Huda as next CEC". Dhaka Tribune. 2017-02-06. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Ex-secy Nurul Huda new CEC". The Daily Star. 2017-02-07. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "CEC Huda: We will never compromise free and fair elections". Dhaka Tribune. 2017-02-07. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "President appoints ex-secy Nurul Huda next CEC". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Key challenge is to hold fair polls: CEC". The Daily Star. 2017-02-15. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to KM Nurul Huda.|