This is a list of works by American jazz musician Dizzy Gillespie.
As leader edit
- 1937–1949: The Complete RCA Victor Recordings compilation album (RCA Victor)
- 1945–1947: Groovin' High compilation album (Savoy)
- 1948: Gene Norman Presents Dizzy Gillespie in Concert (GNP Crescendo 23)
- 1950: Bird and Diz (Clef) – with Charlie Parker
- 1951–52: Dee Gee Days: The Savoy Sessions compilation album (Savoy) – includes all tracks on The Champ (Savoy) and School Days (Regent)
- 1952–53: The Great Blue Star Sessions 1952-1953 compilation album (EmArcy) – includes all tracks on Dizzy Gillespie and His Operatic Strings Orchestra (Fontana) and some tracks released on Dizzy at Home and Abroad (Atlantic)
- 1952: Horn of Plenty (Blue Note 1952)
- 1953: Dizzy Digs Paris (Giant Steps) – includes all tracks on Dizzy Over Paris (Roost)
- 1953: Jazz at Massey Hall (Debut) – with Charlie Parker, Bud Powell, Charles Mingus and Max Roach
- 1953: Diz and Getz (Norgran) – with Stan Getz
- 1954: Afro (Norgran)
- 1954: Dizzy and Strings (Norgran)
- 1954: Roy and Diz (Clef) – with Roy Eldridge
- 1954–1964: The Verve/Philips Dizzy Gillespie Small Group Sessions (Mosaic Records)
- 1954–55: Jazz Recital (Norgran) – also released as Dizzy Gillespie and His Orchestra
- 1955: One Night in Washington (Elektra Musician )
- 1956: Modern Jazz Sextet (Norgran)
- 1956: World Statesman – Big Band (Norgran)
- 1956 and 1957: Dizzy in Greece – Big Band Studio Recordings (Verve)
- 1956: For Musicians Only (Verve) – with Stan Getz and Sonny Stitt
- 1957: Birks' Works – Big Band (Verve)
- 1957: Dizzy Gillespie and Stuff Smith (Verve)
- 1957: Sittin' In (Verve) – with Stan Getz and Coleman Hawkins
- 1957: Dizzy Gillespie at Newport – Big Band (Verve)
- 1957: Duets (Verve) – with Sonny Rollins and Sonny Stitt
- 1957: The Greatest Trumpet of Them All (Verve) – with Benny Golson
- 1957: Sonny Side Up (Verve) – with Sonny Rollins and Sonny Stitt
- 1959: The Ebullient Mr. Gillespie (Verve)
- 1959: Have Trumpet, Will Excite! (Verve)
- 1960: The Copenhagen Concert (SteepleChase) – with Leo Wright and Junior Mance
- 1960: A Portrait of Duke Ellington (Verve) – arranged by Clare Fischer
- 1960: Gillespiana (Verve) – composed and arranged by Lalo Schifrin
- 1961: An Electrifying Evening with the Dizzy Gillespie Quintet (Verve)
- 1961: Carnegie Hall Concert (Verve)
- 1961: Perceptions (Verve) – composed and arranged by J.J. Johnson, conducted by Gunther Schuller
- 1962: Dizzy on the French Riviera (Philips) – with Elek Bacsik
- 1962: The New Continent (Limelight) – composed and arranged by Lalo Schifrin
- 1963: New Wave (Philips) – 8 tracks
- 1963: New Wave! (Wing WL1152) – 7 tracks
- 1963: Something Old, Something New (Philips)
- 1963: Dizzy Gillespie and the Double Six of Paris (Philips)
- 1964: Dizzy Goes Hollywood (Philips)
- 1964: The Cool World (Philips)
- 1964: Jambo Caribe (Limelight)
- 1964: I/We Had a Ball (Limelight, 1965) – 1 track + 3 with Quincy Jones
- 1965: Gil Fuller & the Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestra featuring Dizzy Gillespie (Pacific Jazz) – with Gil Fuller
- 1966: The Melody Lingers On (Limelight)
- 1967: Swing Low, Sweet Cadillac (Impulse!)
- 1967: Live at the Village Vanguard (Solid State)
- 1968: The Dizzy Gillespie Reunion Big Band (MPS)
- 1969: It's My Way (Solid State) – also released as My Way
- 1969: Cornucopia (Solid State)
- 1970: The Real Thing (Perception) – with James Moody
- 1970: Portrait of Jenny (Perception)
- 1971: Giants (Perception) – with Bobby Hackett and Mary Lou Williams
- 1971: Dizzy Gillespie and the Mitchell Ruff Duo in Concert (Mainstream) – with Willie Ruff and Dwike Mitchell
- 1971: The Giants of Jazz (Atlantic) – with Art Blakey, Al McKibbon, Thelonious Monk, Sonny Stitt and Kai Winding
- 1973: The Giant (America)
- 1973: The Source (America)
- 1974: Dizzy Gillespie's Big 4 (Pablo)
- 1974: The Trumpet Kings Meet Joe Turner (Pablo) – with Joe Turner, Roy Eldridge, Harry "Sweets" Edison and Clark Terry
- 1974: Oscar Peterson and Dizzy Gillespie (Pablo) – with Oscar Peterson
- 1974: Oscar Peterson and The Trumpet Kings - Jousts (Pablo) – with Oscar Peterson
- 1975: The Bop Session (Sonet) – with Sonny Stitt, John Lewis, Hank Jones, Percy Heath and Max Roach
- 1975: Jazz Maturity...Where It's Coming From (Pablo) – with Oscar Peterson and Roy Eldridge
- 1975: Afro-Cuban Jazz Moods (Pablo) – with Machito
- 1975: The Dizzy Gillespie Big 7 (Pablo) – also released as Dizzy
- 1975: The Trumpet Kings at Montreux '75 (Pablo) – with Roy Eldridge, Clark Terry and Oscar Peterson
- 1975: Bahiana (Pablo)
- 1976: Carter, Gillespie Inc. (Pablo) – with Benny Carter
- 1976: Dizzy's Party (Pablo)
- 1977: Free Ride (Pablo) – composed and arranged by Lalo Schifrin
- 1977: The Gifted Ones (Pablo) – with Count Basie
- 1977: Dizzy Gillespie Jam (Pablo) – with Jon Faddis
- 1980: The Trumpet Summit Meets the Oscar Peterson Big 4 (Pablo) – with Freddie Hubbard, Clark Terry and Oscar Peterson
- 1980: The Alternate Blues (Pablo) – with Freddie Hubbard, Clark Terry and Oscar Peterson
- 1980: Digital at Montreux, 1980 (Pablo)
- 1981: Musician, Composer, Raconteur (Pablo)
- 1981: To a Finland Station (Pablo) – with Arturo Sandoval
- 1984: Closer to the Source (Atlantic)
- 1985: New Faces (GRP)
- 1986: Dizzy Gillespie Meets Phil Woods Quintet – with Phil Woods
- 1988: Endlessly (Impulse!)
- 1988: Oop-Pop-A-Da (Soundwings) – with Moe Koffman
- 1989: Live at the Royal Festival Hall (Enja) – with the United Nation Orchestra
- 1989: Max + Dizzy: Paris 1989 (A&M) – with Max Roach
- 1989: The Paris All Stars Homage to Charlie Parker (A&M) with Jackie McLean, Phil Woods, Stan Getz, Milt Jackson, Hank Jones, Percy Heath and Max Roach
- 1989: The Symphony Sessions (ProJazz) and 1991 as A Night in Tunisia (Fast Choice) (with Rochester Philharmonic conducted by Johnny Dankworth, Ron Holloway, Ed Cherry, John Lee)
- 1990: The Winter in Lisbon (Milan Entertainment) – soundtrack
- 1991: Live! at Blues Alley (with Ron Holloway, Ed Cherry, John Lee, Ignacio Berroa)
- 1992: Bird Songs: The Final Recordings (Telarc)
- 1992: To Bird with Love (Telarc)
- 1992: To Diz with Love (Telarc)
As sideman edit
With Benny Carter
With Arnett Cobb
- Show Time (Fantasy, 1987)
With Chaka Khan
- What Cha' Gonna Do for Me (Warner Bros., 1981)
With CTI All Stars
With Duke Ellington
With Coleman Hawkins
- Rainbow Mist (Delmark, 1944 ) compilation of Apollo recordings
With Quincy Jones
With Aretha Franklin
- Who's Zoomin' Who? (Arista, 1985)
- Krupa and Rich (Clef, 1955)
With Mike Longo
- Talk with the Spirits (Pablo, 1976)
With the Manhattan Transfer
- Vocalese (Atlantic, 1985)
With Chuck Mangione
- Tarantella (A&M Records, 1981)
With Carmen McRae
- November Girl (Black Lion, 1970 ) with the Kenny Clarke/Francy Boland Big Band
- At the Great American Music Hall (Blue Note, 1976)
With Charles Mingus
- Charles Mingus and Friends in Concert (Columbia, 1972)
With Katie Bell Nubin
- Soul, Soul Searching (Verve, 1960)
With Oscar Peterson
With Mongo Santamaria
- Montreux Heat! (Pablo, 1980)
- Summertime (Pablo, 1980)
With Woody Shaw
- Woody Shaw and Friends at Monterey Jazz Festival 1979 (Concord Jazz, 1979)
With Lillian Terry
- Oo-Shoo-Be-Doo-Be...Oo, Oo...Oo, Oo (Black Saint, 1985)
With Randy Weston
- Spirits of Our Ancestors (Verve, 1993)
With Louie Louie
- "Anthropology" (AKA "Thriving from a Riff")
- "Birks' Works"
- "Blue 'n' Boogie"
- "The Champ"
- "Con Alma"
- "Dizzy Atmosphere"
- "Fiesta Mojo"
- "Groovin' High"
- "Guachi Guara" (AKA "Soul Sauce")
- "He Beeped When He Shoulda Bopped" (AKA "He Beeped When He Should Have Bopped")
- "A Night in Tunisia" (AKA "Interlude")
- "One Bass Hit"
- "Ool Ya Koo"
- "Oop Bop Sh'Bam"
- "Ray's Idea"
- "Salt Peanuts"
- "Shaw 'Nuff"
- "Swing Low, Sweet Cadillac"
- "That's Earl, Brother"
- "Things to Come"
- "Tin Tin Deo"
- "Tour De Force"
- "Two Bass Hit"
- "Woody 'n' You" (AKA "Algo bueno")
- 1946 Jivin' In Be-Bop
- 1983 Jazz in America (Embassy)
- 1986 In Redondo Beach/Jazz in America (Embassy)
- 1991 Dizzy Gillespie: A Night in Tunisia (VIEW)
- 1993 Live in London (Kultur Video)
- 1998 Dizzy Gillespie & Charles Mingus (Vidjazz)
- 1998 Dizzy Gillespie: Ages (Vidjazz)
- 1999 Jazz Casual: Dizzy Gillespie (Rhino)
- 2001 Jivin'in Be-Bop (Jazz Classic Video)
- 2001 Dizzy Gillespie: A Night in Chicago (VIEW)
- 2001 Live at the Royal Festival Hall 1987 (Pioneer)
- 2002 Live in Montreal (Image)
- 2003 20th Century Jazz Masters
- 2003 Swing Era (with Mel Tormé) (Idem)
- 2005 Norman Granz Jazz in Montreux: Presents Dizzy Gillespie Sextet '77 (Eagle Vision USA)
- 2005 Summer Jazz Live at New Jersey 1987 (FS World Jazz / Alpha Centauri Entertainment)
- 2005 A Night in Havana: Dizzy Gillespie in Cuba (New Video Group) (Filmed in 1985 with Arturo Sandoval and Sayyd Abdul Al Khabyyr)
- 2006 Jazz Icons: Live in '58 & '70 (Universal)
- 2008 London Concerts 1965 & 1966 (Impro-Jazz Spain)
- Gieske, Tony (January 22, 1961). "Accent on Jazz: Trumpet Men Do Keep Blowing the Right Way". The Washington Post. p. G4. ProQuest 141284288.
And on A Portrait of Duke Ellington (Verve MG V 8386), that depth and skill, stimulated by a change in the stale Gillespie repertoire and complemented by rich, radically imaginative arrangements by, I am told, Clare Fischer, result in a really classic album. Fischer, a young conservatory graduate, is a new name to be reckoned with.
- "Dizzy Gillespie – Album Discography – AllMusic". AllMusic.
- Artist: Gillespie, Dizzy. "VIEW DVD Listing". View.com. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- "Dizzy Gillespie @ARTISTdirect". ARTISTdirect.