List of National Football League seasons
Listed below is the current schedule of division match-ups for the next few upcoming regular seasons, based on the three-year intra-conference and four-year inter-conference rotations in place since 2021. In each year, besides the home and away games against their three division rivals, all four teams in each division listed at the top will play one game against all four teams in both of the divisions to which it has been assigned — one from the AFC, the other from the NFC. Each team will also play an additional inter-conference "17th game" from another division based on the prior season's standings, with the AFC team hosting it in odd years and the NFC team hosting it in even years. This table also lists the sites of the regular season games that are planned to be held outside the United States as part of the NFL International Series, as well as the sites and US TV networks of the corresponding Super Bowls.
Current listing of International Series games are based on extant contracts. The league stated in 2017 that it was using "inventory management" to wait until current agreements expire before potentially expanding the series, particularly into Germany. The current agreement with Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London runs through 2027.
|Season||Scheduled division match-ups||NFL International Series||Super Bowl|
|AFC East||AFC North||AFC South||AFC West||NFC East||NFC North||NFC South||NFC West|
|17th Game||NFC West||NFC East||NFC North||NFC South||AFC North||AFC South||AFC West||AFC East|
|17th Game||NFC South||NFC North||NFC West||NFC East||AFC West||AFC North||AFC East||AFC South|
|17th Game||NFC North||NFC South||NFC East||NFC West||AFC South||AFC East||AFC North||AFC West|
|17th Game||NFC East||NFC West||NFC South||NFC North||AFC East||AFC West||AFC South||AFC North|
- Timeline of the National Football League
- American Football League (1926) (AFL I)
- American Football League (1936) (AFL II)
- American Football League (1940) (AFL III)
- All-America Football Conference (AAFC)
- Ohio League
- New York Pro Football League
- Western Pennsylvania Professional Football Circuit
- Anthracite League
- Midwest Football League (1935–1940)
- Breer, Albert (September 21, 2017). "Game Plan: NFL Believes London is Ready for Team; 2022 Target is Doable". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved October 1, 2017.
- "Tottenham Hotspur will host NFL matches at new stadium". BBC Sport. July 8, 2015. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "Scheduling Formula". 2021 NFL Record and Fact Book. NFL. 2021. p. 12.
- Wilson, Ryan (July 8, 2015). "NFL, Tottenham Hotspur agree on 10-year partnership for NFL games". CBS Sports. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "NFL extends deal to play games at Wembley through 2020". Associated Press. October 22, 2015. Retrieved October 22, 2015.