This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Joshua Luis Wiener (born February 8, 1979), known by his stage name Josh Keaton, is an American actor, voice actor and singer. He is known for his roles as Takashi 'Shiro' Shirogane in Voltron: Legendary Defender, Spider-Man in The Spectacular Spider-Man, Electro in Marvel's Spider-Man, Jack Darby in Transformers: Prime and the adolescent Hercules in the film Hercules.
Keaton at the 2018 Florida Supercon
Joshua Luis Wiener
February 8, 1979
|Other names||Joshua Wiener, Josh Wiener|
|Associated acts||No Authority|
Keaton was born in Hacienda Heights, California, to a father from Brooklyn, New York and a mother from Lima, Peru. He has three sisters: Danielle, Alitzah (Ali Navarro), and Sabrina. He is fluent in Spanish which he learned first as a child, then later English. As a child, he learned to speak some Quechua from his maternal grandparents. His father is Jewish and his mother is Catholic.
His career has included television, video game and film work, with a mixture of live acting and voice work for animations. As an infant, he appeared in an OshKosh B'gosh commercial. He was in the 1990s boy band No Authority and was signed to MJJ Music and later RCA Records as a solo artist.
Keaton voiced Jules Brown in Back to the Future: The Animated Series during 1991/1992 and Major Ocelot during Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. From 2008 to 2009, he voiced Spider-Man in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series on The CW. He was originally supposed to voice Spider-Man in the 2002 Spider-Man video game but his voice work was scrapped and reworked as Harry Osborn / Green Goblin when Tobey Maguire came on to voice the character. He also reprised the role of Harry Osborn in the 2007 video game Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, and Spider-Man again in the video games Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Spider-Man: Edge of Time.
In 2011, Keaton is the current voice for Spyro the Dragon in the Skylanders reboot of the franchise, Jack Darby and Tailgate on Transformers: Prime, and Hal Jordan / Green Lantern in Green Lantern: The Animated Series.
At Wondercon 2016, it was announced that Keaton will play Shiro, one of the main characters of the new Voltron animated series Voltron: Legendary Defender set to premiere on June 10, exclusively on Netflix.
|1990||New Kids on the Block||Albert|
|1991||Captain Planet and the Planeteers||Pontus||Ep. "A World Below Us"|
|1991||Snoopy's Reunion||Linus van Pelt||Television special|
|1991||Peter Pan and the Pirates||Curly|
|1991–92||Back to the Future||Jules Brown|
|1992||Batman: The Animated Series||Young Michael Stromwell||Ep. "It's Never Too Late"|||
|1998||Adventures from the Book of Virtues||Sean Willis, Sir Roland||Ep. "Trustworthiness"|
|2005||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy||Driver, Zombie #2, Vendor||Ep. "Jeffy's Web/Irwin Gets a Clue"|
|2007||Ben 10||Tim Dean, Hector|||
|2007–11||The Path of Atticus||Atticus|
|2008–09||The Spectacular Spider-Man||Peter Parker / Spider-Man|||
|2010||Firebreather||Troy Adams||Television film|||
|2010–13||Transformers: Prime||Jack Darby, Tailgate, Additional Voices|||
|2011||Winx Club||Valtor, Anagan, King Oritel of Domino||Nickelodeon dub|
|2011||Sym-Bionic Titan||Ian||Ep. "Disenfranchised"|
|2011||The Super Hero Squad Show||Moon-Boy||Ep. "The Devil Dinosaur You Say!"|||
|2011–13||Green Lantern: The Animated Series||Hal Jordan / Green Lantern, Manhunters|||
|2012||Scooby-Doo! Spooky Games||Steve Lookers|||
|2012, 2019||Young Justice||Black Spider, Red Hood|||
|2013||Hero Factory||William Furno||Ep. "Brain Attack"|
|2013||Regular Show||Auto T||Ep. "The Thanksgiving Special"|||
|2013||Scooby Doo and the Spooky Scarecrow||Levi|||
|2013||Doc McStuffins||Johnny Foosball||Ep. "Think Pink/You Foose, You Lose"|
|2015||Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles||White House Aide, Kobra Guard||Web series|||
|2015–17||DC Super Hero Girls||Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Steve Trevor||Web series|
|2015–16||Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!||Darren, Bones Malone, Mike, Nate and Baker|||
|2016–18||Voltron: Legendary Defender||Takashi 'Shiro' Shirogane||Netflix series|||
|2016||Kulipari: An Army of Frogs||Darel||Netflix series|
|2016–18||Justice League Action||Hal Jordan / Green Lantern|||
|2017||Marvel's Ant-Man||Ant-Man||Television short|||
|2017||Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters||Gabe|||
|2017–present||Marvel's Spider-Man||Norman Osborn, John Jameson / Man-Wolf, Oliver Osnick|||
|2018||Elena of Avalor||Miguel|
|1989–90||Kidsongs||Himself||Videos: "A Day at Camp" and "Ride the Roller Coaster"|
|1991||All I Want for Christmas||Brad|
|1996||Same River Twice||Andy|
|1996||Judge and Jury||Boy #2|
|1997||Just Write||Teenager on Trolley|
|1998||The Souler Opposite||Young Barry|
|2003||The Even Stevens Movie||Mootai / Jason|
|1993||Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman||First Male Cousin||2 episodes|
|1994||Someone Like Me||Doug||Episode: "El Presidente"|
|1994||Boy Meets World||Boy #2, Roy||2 episodes|
|1995||Sister, Sister||Franklin||Episode: "It's a Party Thang"|
|1995–96||The Secret World of Alex Mack||Bryce||Recurring role|
|1996||Saved by the Bell: The New Class||Glee Club #2||Episode: "Fire at the Max: Part 1"|
|1997||Chicago Hope||Will Peters||Episode: "The Son Also Rises"|
|1997||Baywatch||Todd Rose||Episode: "Rendezvous"|
|1997||General Hospital||Tim||Recurring role|
|1999||Step by Step||Will Peters||Episode: "Just Say Maybe"|
|1999||Touched by an Angel||Young Nick Stratton||Episode: "Made in the U.S.A."|
|1999||A Murder on Shadow Mountain||Young Denny||Television film|
|1999–2002||The Young and the Restless||Brendon||Recurring role
|2002||Boston Public||Martin Andrews||Episode: "Chapter Thirty-Four"|
|2002||ER||Greg||Episode: "Tell Me Where It Hurts"|
|2004||Will & Grace||Salvatore||2 episodes|
|2006||Bones||Yasutani the Terrible||Episode: "The Superhero in the Alley"|
|2014||Scorpion||Phil Daniels||Episode: "True Colors"|
- "Josh Keaton Interview - Young Ocelot". Retrieved August 25, 2015.
- "Marvel Animation Age AMP TX News Presents Josh Keaton on the Spectavular Spider-Man". Archived from the original on 2012-09-13.
- "Wondercon: Netflix's Voltron Animated Series Release Date Set, Voice Cast Announced". IGN. March 25, 2016. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- "Behind The Voice Actors – Josh Keaton". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved June 27, 2015. – green check mark indicates roles that have been verified by BTVA through closing credits
- Keaton, Josh [@joshkeaton] (February 22, 2010). "Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths comes out tomorrow! I'm the Flash and have a cameo as Aquaman. That's right, freaking AQUAMAN" (Tweet). Retrieved February 19, 2018 – via Twitter.
- "The Laws of the Universe Anime Film Casts Dylan McDermott, Jennifer Beals, Tom Kenny". Anime News Network. September 26, 2015. Retrieved February 28, 2016.
- "LEGO Justice League: Cosmic Clash Movie Bluray With Cosmic Boy Minifigure Details - - Action Figures Toys News ToyNewsI.com". Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "NYCC: MARVEL'S ANT-MAN ANIMATED SHORTS COMING TO DISNEY XD". Comic Book Resources.
- Capcom (2004-04-27). Onimusha 3: Demon Siege. Scene: Closing credits, 0:45 in, cast.
- "Interview With Josh Keaton, Voice Of Spidey, Ocelot & Others". June 19, 2009. Retrieved August 29, 2015.
- Square Enix. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Scene: Closing credits, 5 minutes in, Voice Actors, Additional Voices.
- Sledgehammer Games. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Scene: Credits, 3:00 in, Cast.
- Wilson, Matt D. (2014-07-31). "Laughing At The Joker: Adam West & Developers Talk 'LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham'". Comics Alliance. Archived from the original on 2014-10-06.
- Day, Patrick Kevin (July 27, 2014). "Comic-Con 2014: 'Lego Batman 3′ will take players back to '60s Batman". Hero Complex. Los Angeles Times.
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - Behind the Scenes with the Cast and Characters (YouTube). GameSpot. July 28, 2014.
- Turbine, Inc. Infinite Crisis. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Credits, Voice Over Talent.
- "Infinite Crisis Credits". Archived from the original on 2014-10-11.
- Avalanche Studios. Mad Max. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Credits, 5:40 in, Talent.
- Vicarious Visions. Skylanders: SuperChargers. Activision. Scene: Closing credits, 7:13 in, Voice Actors.
- Traveller's Tales. Lego Dimensions. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Closing credits, 4:45 in, Voiceover Talent.
- The Odd Gentlemen. King's Quest - Chapter III: Once Upon A Climb. Sierra Entertainment. Scene: Closing credits, 1 min in, Cast.
- Blizzard Entertainment. World of Warcraft: Legion. Activision Blizzard. Scene: Closing credits, Voice Over Cast.
- "CAST｜PlayStation®4用サバイバルアクションゲーム - Let It Die". letitdie.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Arkane Studios. Prey. Bethesda Softworks. Scene: Closing credits, Voice Talent.
- Digital Domain. DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles. Digital Domain. Scene: Shiro, Voice.
- Blizzard Entertainment. World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth. Activision Blizzard. Scene: Closing credits, Voice Over Cast.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josh Keaton.|
Neil Patrick Harris
| Voice or portrayal of Spider-Man
| Voice of Spyro the Dragon