The Odd Gentlemen
|Products||The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom|
Slap Happy Sam
Its first video game is The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. It was originally Matt Korba's graduate thesis at the University of Southern California. The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is a puzzle platform game that boasted the company's quirky art style. It was published by 2K Play.
In 2014, the Odd Gentlemen were briefly attached to the production of Andrew Hussie's Homestuck adventure game, Hiveswap. On June 19, 2014, Hussie announced their involvement via backer-only Kickstarter update. The studio publicly acknowledged their involvement with the game two days later, on June 21st. On October 30, 2014, Hussie announced that The Odd Gentlemen's involvement was winding down and that the Homestuck merchandise and art studio, What Pumpkin, would finish Hiveswap and subsequent titles in-house.
On August 12, 2014, Activision announced that The Odd Gentleman would make a King's Quest adventure game as part of their revival of the Sierra plan. The game was developed as an episodic release consisting of five chapters and a bonus playable epilogue. The first chapter, "A Knight to Remember", was released on July 28, 2015. The fifth chapter was released on October 26, 2016.
- "The Odd Gentlemen; About Us". The Odd Gentlemen. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "The Challenges of Designing in an Academic Context - Academia". Kotaku. 2008-04-05. Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- Keane Ng posted on 26 Aug 2009 19:25 (2009-08-26). "The Escapist : News : 2K Bringing Two Indie Games to XBLA". Escapistmagazine.com. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- GlassWalls (2011-01-19). "Two New Games Come to PlayStation Home – Conspiracy & Slap Happy Sam". SCEA. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- Mike Fahey. "The Odd Gentlemen Return With a Distinctively Different Music Puzzle Game". Kotaku. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Neil Gaiman And The Odd Gentlemen Are Ready To Release Wayward Manor". Game Informer. Game Informer.
- "The Odd Gentlemen are making the Homestuck Game". Archived from the original on October 18, 2014. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Homestuck Adventure Game Update". Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Die, triangles! Storied studio Sierra is back with new King's Quest and Geometry Wars". VentureBeat. Retrieved 6 October 2014.