Ben 10 (2016 TV series)
Ben 10 (often referred to as Ben 10 reboot) is an American animated superhero action-comedy television series and a reboot of the Cartoon Network series of the same name. The series had its world premiere in Australia, New Zealand and Asia-Pacific on October 1, 2016, and premiered in the United States on April 10, 2017.
|Created by||Man of Action|
|Theme music composer||Andy Sturmer|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||80 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Man of Action|
|Running time||11 minutes|
25 minutes (specials & season finales)
|Production company(s)||Cartoon Network Studios|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|First shown in||Australia|
|Original release||October 1, 2016– present|
|Preceded by||Ben 10: Omniverse|
On March 8, 2018, the series was renewed for a third season.
Building on the highly successful franchise about kid hero Ben Tennyson, Ben 10 introduces a re-imagined Ben, his cousin Gwen, and Grandpa Max, as they travel the country during summer vacation. When Ben finds the Omnitrix, a mysterious watch that transforms him into 10 different friendly aliens, a world of extraterrestrial superpowers opens up to him. The series is produced by Cartoon Network Studios and created and executive produced by Man of Action Entertainment (Big Hero 6, Generator Rex), with John Fang (Mixels, Generator Rex) on board as supervising producer.
- Benjamin Kirby "Ben" Tennyson (voiced by Tara Strong) – Titular character and the ten-year-old cousin of Gwen and grandson of Max Tennyson. He is the wielder of the most powerful device in the galaxy, the Omnitrix, which can turn him into ten different extraterrestrial creatures, each possessing their own abilities and superpowers. His immaturity often gets him into trouble.
- Gwendolyn "Gwen" Tennyson (voiced by Montserrat Hernandez) – Ben's resourceful ten-year-old first cousin who uses her keen intellect and cunning to help in stopping villains. Her favorite superheroine of all time is Lucky Girl. It has not yet been confirmed if she will naturally develop powerful magical abilities, like her ten-year-old counterpart in the original show. However, in "Black Lights, Black Hearts" she was capable of resisting Michael Morningstar's life force-absorbing abilities, which clearly implies her innate magical prowess and mystical affinity. In "Story, Bored" she could cast high-level spells from the ancient and very powerful Grimoire of Arcamada with no problem. She may yet begin developing her innate magical and mystical powers in Season 3.
- Grandpa Maxwell "Max" Tennyson (voiced by David Kaye) – Ben and Gwen's paternal grandfather who is a retired member of an intergalactic organization called "the Plumbers".
- Glitch (voiced by Tara Strong) - A fusion of Ben's DNA and Upgrade's DNA. He is a mysterious heroic presence that maintained the Omnitrix from within.
- Vilgax (voiced by Yuri Lowenthal) – Ben's nemesis who tries to take the all-powerful Omnitrix from him for his own evil purposes in order to take over the universe, but ends up being scarred and stranded on Earth after his humiliating defeat by Ben in “Omni-Tricked.”
- Maurice (voiced by John DiMaggio) – A human-headed cockroach who loves money and filth.
- Sydney (voiced by Travis Willingham) – A cockroach-headed human who is Maurice's henchman.
- Steam Smythe (voiced by Roger Craig Smith) – A Victorian-themed man with a heavy British accent that uses steampunk gadgets to attack. He hates various elements of modern-day life, and he first appears in "The Clocktopus."
- Hex (voiced by Robin Atkin Downes) – A tremendously powerful sorcerer who desires world domination. In this series, he has the miniature purple-and-gold striped spellbook (which had belonged to his niece Charmcaster in the original show) and has the five mystical Charms of Bezel in his possession. At one point, he had coveted the wand of the great Merlin, but was defeated by Gwen as Lucky Girl. His magic mainly consists of bringing inanimate objects to life, levitation, and emitting bursts of dark magical energy. Unlike his original counterpart of the original show, he appears in more episodes as a recurring character.
- Dr. Animo (voiced by Dwight Schultz) – A mad scientist who desires to turn the world into a new age of evolution with his mind-controlled mutant animals.
- Zombozo (voiced by John DiMaggio) – An evil clown who commonly uses mind tricks and hypnotism for his schemes.
- Frightwig (voiced by Jessica DiCicco) – A 10-year-old girl and circus freak with long, prehensile red hair that even acts on its own at times (it even talks to her in a similar manner to Gollum from Lord of the Rings) and is very acrobatic for a girl her age.
- Acid Breath (voiced by Josh Keaton) – A circus freak who can breathe acid.
- Thumbskull (voiced by John DiMaggio) – A bald-headed hulking man with super-strength and a nail-like growth on his head.
- Lagrange (voiced by David Kaye) – An illegal racer with a heavy French accent, typically seen driving a red race car. He first appears in "Drive You Crazy."
- Billy Billions (voiced by Gunnar Sizemore) – A rich kid who loves to get his way. His weapons usually involve an assortment of high tech robots. Unlike the previous series, Billy Billions had parents who are also evil.
- Michael Morningstar (voiced by Drake Bell) – In this show, Michael Morningstar is a teen actor from Gwen's favorite TV series the "Un-Alivers" who turns out to be an energy vampire that feeds on the life force of his followers for centuries of years before being defeated by Ben.
- Lord Decibel (voiced by David Kaye) – Debuting in "Don't Let the Bass Drop," Lord Decibel is a DJ who controls sound and music and can erect a solid sound wall. He is implied to be a sadist given his demands (the people at a concert had to pay $1 billion in ten minutes or else face death), and laughs at the screams of the patrons.
The casting and voice director for the series is Collette Sunderman.
- Tara Strong as Ben Tennyson, Sally, Girl, Clown 4, Mrs. Billions, Upgrade (Gwen version), Old Lady, Amalgam Ben, Starshine, I.J. Crowling, Esther, Charmcaster, Molecular Chef, Glitch
- Montserrat Hernandez as Gwen Tennyson
- David Kaye as Max Tennyson, Shock Rock, Fisherman, Steve, Trucker, Spider, Shock-O, Boxer, Clown #2, Lester, Guard, Mr. Billions, Tour Guide (2nd Time), Melvin, Lagrange, Lord Decibel, Karl, Azmuth
- Greg Cipes as Stinkfly, Goatadactyl, Clown #3, Kid #2, Guy, Robot Mannequin, Samurai Chef, Kevin Levin
- John DiMaggio as Four Arms, Zombozo, Magg-O-Net Monster, Glamour Man, Maurice, College Guy, Harry, Thumbskull, Phil, Rath
- Todd Haberkorn as Grey Matter, Monster on Tablet, Tourist, Camper #2, Kevin, Tetrax
- David Hornsby as Wildvine, Sewer Chef
- Josh Keaton as XLR8, Shady Looking Dude, Ryan (1st Time), Referee, Acid Breath, SixSix, Bass Guy
- Max Mittelman as Overflow, Todd, Kid 1, J.T.
- Daryl Sabara as Heatblast, Fish, Security Guard, Camper #1
- Roger Craig Smith as Diamondhead, Steam Smythe, Iron Kyle, Penny, Kyle, Bill, Napoleon (second head), Jock #2, Nerd 3, Cash, Dirty Dobs, Fanboy, Gill, Rocky
- David Sobolov as Upgrade, Guy #1
- Travis Willingham as Cannonbolt, Sydney, Ant, Arte (Clown #1), Tim Buktu, Carl, Teramite, Kraab, Humungousaur
- Carlos Alazraqui as Chinzilla, Minitaur, Jock #1
- Dee Bradley Baker as Oliver, Napoleon (main head), Nerd #1, Nugget, Slurpstack, Tour guide (1st Time), Cadobbit, King Koil
- Drake Bell as Michael Morningstar
- Jeff Bennett as Madcow, Hail-O, Wolfen Sheep, Nerd #2
- Debi Derryberry as Simon (1st Time)
- Jessica DiCicco as Frightwig
- Robin Atkin Downes as Hex
- Tom Kenny as Xingo
- Yuri Lowenthal as Vilgax, Gax, Vil, Elder Ben Tennyson
- Vanessa Marshall as Queen Bee, Woman
- Rob Paulsen as Bruce, Coach Keene
- Dwight Schultz as Dr. Animo
- Gunnar Sizemore as Billy Billions
- Cree Summer as Hippie Vendor, Betts McCabe
- Fred Tatasciore as High Override, Hydromander, Hydromander Adolescents, Bob, Boblins
- Anna Vocino as Nanny Nightmare
- Audrey Wasilewski as Maxine
- Keith David as Yawk
- Eric Bauza as Gust-O
- Ogie Banks as Ryan (2nd Time), Simon (2nd Time)
Cartoon Network announced on June 8, 2015 that Ben 10 was to be relaunched with a new revival television series. On June 2016, the network began to release information about the show. Its sneak peek was released at the 2016 SDCC on July 21, 2016. The series had its world premiere on October 1, 2016 in Australia. On March 2017 at the Cartoon Network's 2017 upfront, it was announced that the series would premiere in the United States on April 10, 2017, and that it would be possible to watch episodes of the series on the Cartoon Network app ahead of its television premiere.
Building on the franchise about the kid hero Ben Tennyson, Ben 10 introduces a re-imagined Ben (in his 10-year-old form), his cousin Gwen, and Grandpa Max, as they travel the country during summer vacation. When Ben finds the Omnitrix, a mysterious watch that transforms him into 10 different aliens, a world of extraterrestrial superpowers opens up to him. Produced by Cartoon Network Studios, the series is created and executively produced by Man of Action, with John Fang on board as supervising producer but also as executive producer. Animated by Sunmin Image Pictures and Mua Film.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||Originally aired (U.S.)|
|First aired||Last aired||First aired||Last aired|
|1||40||October 1, 2016(AUS) |
October 8, 2016 (UK)
|May 28, 2017(UK) |
November 25, 2017 (AUS)
|April 10, 2017||November 22, 2017|
|2||40||October 3, 2017(UK) |
February 3, 2018 (AUS)
|October 26, 2018(UK) |
September 29, 2018 (AUS)
|February 19, 2018||October 26, 2018|
|Special||October 8, 2018||TBA||TBA|
In the United States, the series has been viewed by 41 million viewers across multiple platforms.
In the EMEA, the series has reached more than 27 million viewers. It reached 1.2 million viewers and 9% of boys on CITV in the UK. It was watched by half of boys in South Africa, Romania, Spain and Portugal, more than 30% of boys in Hungary, Poland, and Sweden, and has also received high ratings in France and Italy.
|DVD title||Season(s)||Aspect ratio||Episode count||Total running time||Release date(s)|
|Season 1, Volume 1: Villain Time||1||16:9||20||220 minutes||February 13, 2018|
|DVD title||Season(s)||Aspect ratio||Episode count||Total running time||Release date(s)|
|Season 1||1||16:9||40||480 minutes||December 13, 2017|
|Season 2||2||16:9||40||480 minutes||February 20, 2019|
In October 2017, Panini UK partnered with Cartoon Network and launched a magazine for the series with an original 8 page comic strip every month written by Jason Quinn with art by Russ Leach.
Toys and merchandiseEdit
In June 2015, a toy line for the series was announced to be released in the fall of 2017 by Playmates Toys. It was released in the United States at Toys R Us in June 2017 and in all other retailers in August.
In July 2017, toys were released by Playmates Toys, with Flair distributing them in the UK and Giochi Preziosi Group releasing them everywhere else in the EMEA. Cartoon Network has partnered with various licensing partners across the EMEA to release merchandise ranging from apparel to accessories to publishing.
A video game based on the series will be released worldwide on November 10, 2017. It was developed by Outright Games and will be distributed by Bandai Namco in the EMEA. In the game, players discover aliens and use them to help Ben defeat three of his greatest enemies: Zombozo, Queen Bee, and the Weather Heads. 
Ben 10 ChallengeEdit
Ben 10 Challenge is a live-action game show produced by the Spanish production company La Competencia Productions in Madrid for Turner EMEA. It follows two teams of people who compete in challenges and get tested on their Ben 10 knowledge. Versions were created for France, Germany, Italy, the Middle East, Poland, Spain, Turkey, and the UK. The English version premiered in the UK and Ireland on October 13, 2017 and in Africa on December 23, 2017.
- "Cartoon Network Australia October 2016 Highlights". RegularCapital. 2016-09-09. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- Stienberg, Brian (2015-06-08). "Cartoon Network to Revive 'Ben 10'". Variety. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- Petski, Denise (22 May 2017). "'Ben 10' Renewed For Season 2 By Cartoon Network". Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "'Ben 10' Gets Second Season at Cartoon Network". Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- Hayes, Dade (8 March 2018). "Cartoon Network Rolls Out Largest-Ever Slate, Deepens Creative Bench". Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "Cartoon Network Announces All-New Television Series for the Global Phenomenon Ben 10!" (Press release). Turner Broadcasting System. 2015-06-08.
- "Cartoon Network's Ben 10 Reboot Plans Revealed". Newsrama. 2016-06-21.
- "Cartoon Network's All-New "Ben 10" Premieres April 10, 2017; Sneak Peek on the CN App". toonzone.net. Newsrama. 2017-03-22. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Cartoon Network Gives Fans Something New Every Day, Everywhere". 2017-03-30. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Kids and animation: Top five shows in October". Foxtel.com.au. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "Cartoon Network February Highlights" (PDF). Turner Broadcasting System Asia-Pacific (Press release). Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- "Ben 10 Now Airing On 9Go! In Australia And TVNZ 2 In New Zealand". RegularCapital: Cartoon Network International News. RegularCapital/Turner Broadcasting System Asia-Pacific (Press Release). Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Turner Programming Portfolio Enjoys International Sales Success". Turner Broadcasting System. Turner Broadcasting System Europe (Press Release). Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Ben 10 – All-New Series Premiere". YouTube. 2016-09-18. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Cartoon Network Asia. "Cartoon Network Asia February 2018 Highlights". Facebook. Retrieved February 10, 2018.
- 히어로타임! 진짜 히어로가 돌아왔다! [Hero Time! The real hero is back!] (in Korean). Cartoon Network. 2016-09-27. Retrieved 2017-04-19 – via Facebook.
- "'Ben 10' is back with new episodes – Manila Standard". Thestandard.com.ph. 2016-09-29. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Langsworthy, Billy (2016-10-10). "Cartoon Network celebrates successful UK debut for new Ben 10 series | Latest news from the licensing industry". Licensing.biz. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "Cartoon Network TV Listings". TVguide.co.uk. Archived from the original on 30 September 2017. Retrieved 3 November 2017.
- RegularCapital (21 September 2017). "Cartoon Network UK HD Ben 10 New Episodes October 2017 Promo". YouTube. Retrieved 3 November 2017.
- Burke, Jake (May 19, 2017). "Cartoon Network's Ben 10 heads to CITV and ITV". Licensing.biz. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- "Ben 10 s'offre une nouvelle jeunesse pour affronter les aliens avec l'Omnitrix" (in French). Toutelatele. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Citizen Kid (November 6, 2017). "Envie d'un moment détente devant la télé ? Rendez-vous devant Ben 10 sur @CN_France". Facebook (in French). Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- by RegularCapital (2016-10-04). "Cartoon Network Japan October 2016 Highlights – RegularCapital Website". Regularcapital.com. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "Omnitrix up! It's that time to bounce... – Cartoon Network India". Facebook. 2016-10-07. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Cartoon Network India (April 28, 2018). "Ben 10 Season 2". Facebook. Retrieved May 5, 2018.
- Cartoon Network MENA (October 5, 2016). "Ben 10 It's Hero Time!". YouTube. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- "Promo Ben 10 (Reboot) Aliens Cartoon Network Arabia". YouTube. September 27, 2016. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- Cartoon Network Danmark (September 23, 2016). "Ben 10 Det er heltetid!". YouTube (in Danish). Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- Nelis, Markus (September 23, 2017). "Cartoon Network Nordic – New Episodes: Ben 10 – October 2017 Promo". YouTube. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- "A Cartoon Network októberi újdonságai – Gyerek-Világ". Gyerek-vilag.tk. 2016-09-20. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "A Cartoon Network 2017. októberi újdonságai". Toonsphere (in Hungarian). 11 September 2017.
- Cnbro Flaboyblast (September 29, 2016). "Cartoon Network RSEE – Ben 10 (2016) – Promo 2 (English)". YouTube. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- Cnbro Flaboyblast (October 22, 2017). "Cartoon Network RSEE – Ben 10 – S02 – Promo – October 2017 (Bulgarian)". YouTube. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- by RegularCapital (2016-09-30). "Cartoon Network Netherlands October 2016 Highlights – RegularCapital Website". Regularcapital.com. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "De blikvangers van Cartoon Network en Boomerang in oktober". TVvisie (in Dutch). October 1, 2017. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- "Cartoon Network – Programmhighlights" (PDF). Turner Broadcasting System Deutschland (Press release). Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- "Cartoon Network – Programmhighlights" (PDF). Turner Broadcasting System Deutschland (Press release) (in German).
- "Październik w Cartoon Network –" (in Polish). Omediach.info. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "Cartoon Network i Boomerang w październiku 2017". Premiery w TV (in Polish). September 28, 2017.
- "Ben 10 back on Cartoon Network". Dstv.com. 2016-09-02. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "Cartoon Network Africa October 2017 Highlights". Entertainment Inside Us. September 1, 2017.
- "BEN 10 ile dĂśnĂźĹ&#x;Ăźm baĹ&#x;lÄąyor! YÄąldÄąrÄąm... – Cartoon Network TĂźrkiye" (in Turkish). Facebook. 2016-10-10. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Cartoon Network Türkiye (October 2, 2017). "Ben 10 New Episodes". Facebook (in Turkish).
- Filipa Godinho (2016-11-25). "Destaques do Cartoon Network em Outubro | Infocul" (in Portuguese). Infocul.pt. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "Destaques do Cartoon Network em Novembro". Infocul.pt (in Portuguese). November 1, 2017.
- "Cartoon Network a Ottobre 2016, HighLights programmazione" (in Italian). Movietele.it. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Boing, Cartoonito: programmazione ottobre 2017". TV Blog (in Italian). September 25, 2017.
- "Boing recibe a 'Ben 10' y los superpoderes del Omnitrix". Telemania (in Spanish). March 2, 2017. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- "Noticias de Programación - noviembre de 2017". Mundoplus.tv (in Spanish). Retrieved May 5, 2018.
- Miker Phone (March 15, 2017). "TELETOON (2017) – Ben 10 Sneak Peek Promo". YouTube. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- Rosales, Johel (February 24, 2017). "Ben 10: Reboot llega en abril por Cartoon Network – Anime, Manga y TV" (in Spanish). ANMTV. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- ANMTV. "Cartoon Network MX Febrero". Google Sheets (in Spanish). Retrieved February 10, 2018.
- Sousa, Matheus (February 24, 2017). "Ben 10 em abril no Cartoon Network". ANMTV (in Portuguese). Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- ANMTV. "Cartoon Network Fevereiro". Google Sheets (in Portuguese). Retrieved February 10, 2018.
- Whyte, Alexandria (May 23, 2017). "Cartoon Network renews Ben 10 for season two". Kidscreen.
- Foster, Margaret (May 19, 2017). "Ben 10 goes free-to-air in the UK". Kidscreen. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- Hutchins, Robert (July 12, 2017). "Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10 celebrate record viewing figures across EMEA". Licensing.biz.
- "Cartoon Network draws strong approval from Euro free-to-air franchises". Rapid TV News. July 12, 2017.
- "Panini launches Ben 10 magazine and My Little Pony sticker collection". Toyworld. October 5, 2017.
- "Cartoon Network Names Playmates Toys Global Partner for All-New Ben 10 | Playmates Toys, Inc". Playmatestoys.com. 2015-06-09. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Foster, Elizabeth (June 7, 2017). "New Ben 10 line makes first stop at Toys "R" Us". Kidscreen.
- Foster, Elizabeth (October 4, 2017). "Cartoon Network taps EMEA licensees for Ben 10". Kidscreen.
- "Set your watches for Ben 10 launching globally on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC Digital". Bandai Namco. September 12, 2017.
- Foster, Elizabeth (June 8, 2017). "Turner EMEA orders Ben 10 game show". Kidscreen.
- "Ben 10 Challenge New Show Premieres On Cartoon Network UK This Friday 13th October". RegularCapital. October 11, 2017.
- "Cartoon Network Africa And Boomerang Africa December 2017 Highlights: All Times CAT". RegularCapital. October 30, 2017.