This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Not to be confused with Philippines-based department store Isetann.
Isetan (伊勢丹 Isetan) (TYO: 8238 unlisted on March 26, 2008, SGX: I15) is a Japanese department store. Based in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Isetan has branches throughout Japan and South East Asia, including in Bangkok, Jinan, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Shanghai, Singapore and Tianjin, and formerly in Hong Kong, Kaohsiung, London, and Vienna.
|Successor||Isetan Mitsukoshi Ltd.|
|Founded||1886, Hatagomachi, Kanda (Sotokanda, Chūō), Tokyo, Japan as Iseya Tanji Gofukuten|
|Headquarters||14-1 Shinjuku 3-chōme, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan|
|Parent||Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd. (100%)|
Branches in JapanEdit
- Shinjuku flagship store
The Isetan flagship store in Shinjuku is considered to be one of the most influential department stores in Japan. The store is often first with showcasing new trends and new products. In particular, the fashion and food floors are thought to be very trendsetting.
Behind the main store, there is a whole building dedicated to Men's Fashion ("Men's Isetan")
- Niigata Isetan (Chūō-ku, Niigata, operated by Niigata Isetan Mitsukoshi, Ltd.)
- Shizuoka Isetan (Aoi-ku, Shizuoka,operated by Shizuoka Isetan, Ltd.)
- West Japan Railway Isetan Ltd.
- Iwataya (Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, operated by Iwataya Mitsukoshi Ltd.)
- HaMaYa Department Store (Nagasaki)
Branches outside JapanEdit
Branches in Southeast AsiaEdit
- Bangkok (CentralWorld)
- Kuala Lumpur - (Suria KLCC,The Gardens at Mid Valley City, Lot 10 (as ISETAN The Japan Store)),
Selangor - (1 Utama Shopping Centre, Mitsui Outlet Park KLIA (as Isetan Outlet Store))
- Singapore (Westgate, Shaw House and Centre, NEX, Parkway Parade and Tampines Mall)
Isetan previously opened at Orchard's Wisma Atria, a neighboring shopping mall to Isetan Scotts branch, but closed in 2015, and converted for rental purposes. Currently the space, leased to Isetan, was filled with Mango, iora, Japan Food Town (managed by Isetan), Salon Vim, DRx Medical Aesthetic Clinic, YANN VEYRIE SALON, Franck Muller, Gautier Stylish French Living, Longines, World of Watches, UCHINO MYMY, SCANTEAK, and Sony.
On May 6, 2019, via The Straits Times, Isetan announced that the company will close its loss-making location at Westgate. It has had discussions with mall management on the lease renewal, but both parties did not reach an agreement. Therefore, the company has decided not to renew the lease. The lease expired on December 22, 2019.
Branches in ChinaEdit
- hermesauto (6 May 2019). "Isetan not renewing lease of 'loss-making' Westgate store". The Straits Times. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Isetan will not renew lease of 'loss-making' Westgate store". CNA. Retrieved 7 May 2019.