Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (Korean: 갯마을 차차차) is a 2021 South Korean television series starring Shin Min-a, Kim Seon-ho and Lee Sang-yi. It is a remake of 2004 South Korean film Mr. Handy, Mr. Hong. It aired from August 28 to October 17, 2021, on tvN's Saturdays and Sundays at 21:00 (KST) time slot. It is also available for streaming on Netflix.
|Literal meaning||Seaside Village Chachacha|
|Revised Romanization||Gaesmaeul Chachacha|
|Based on||Mr. Handy, Mr. Hong|
by Kang Seok-beom and Shin Jung-goo
|Written by||Shin Ha-eun|
|Directed by||Yoo Je-won|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Executive producer||Jo Moon-ju|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||August 28 –|
October 17, 2021
The series was a commercial hit and became one of the highest-rated series on cable television history. It ranked first place during its entire run for eight weeks, and the last episode achieved 12.665% nationwide rating, with over 3.2 milion views. It also became one of Netflix's most-watched non-English television shows, and one of its longest-running hits as it spent 16 weeks in global top ten rankings.
Yoon Hye-jin, an accomplished dentist from Seoul, goes to the idyllic seaside village of Gongjin on her late mother's birthday after her life goes awry. She spontaneously decides to open up a dental clinic, and gets to know jack-of-all-trades Hong Du-sik, also known as Chief Hong. The drama depicts tiki-taka romance between the two and life of other Gongjin's residents.
- Shin Min-a as Yoon Hye-jin, a perfectionist and pragmatic dentist who ends up moving to Gongjin after her life goes awry.
- Shim Hye-yeon as child Yoon Hye-jin
- Oh Ye-joo as teenage Yoon Hye-jin
- Kim Seon-ho as Hong Du-sik, Gongjin's handyman who is known as Chief Hong around the village. He is unemployed officially, but is always busy giving a helping hand to everyone. He is good at everything and appears to assist whatever random tasks his neighbors need help with.
- Song Min-jae as child Hong Du-sik
- An Seong-won as young teenage Hong Du-sik
- Moon Seong-hyun as teenage Hong Du-sik
- Lee Sang-yi as Ji Seong-hyun, a star variety show production director who is workaholic and has a bright personality.
People around Hye-jinEdit
- Gong Min-jeung as Pyo Mi-seon, Hye-jin's best friend who is a dental hygienist.
- Seo Sang-won as Yoon Tae-hwa, Hye-jin's father.
- Woo Mi-hwa as Lee Myung-shin, Hye-jin's stepmother.
People around Seong-hyunEdit
- Park Ye-young as Wang Ji-won, a veteran writer who has been working with Seong-hyun for seven years.
- Lee Suk-hyeong as Kim Do-ha, an assistant director who struggles to find a work-life balance in his busy filming schedule because of his workaholic senior, Seong-hyun.
- Seong Tae as June, main rapper of idol group DOS.
- Baek Seung as In-woo, sub-vocalist of DOS.
People in GongjinEdit
- Kim Young-ok as Kim Gam-ri, leader of the grandmothers in Gongjin.
- Lee Yong-yi as Lee Mat-yi, the second of the three grandmothers.
- Shin Shin-ae as Park Sook-ja, the youngest of the three grandmothers.
- Jo Han-chul as Oh Cheon-jae, the owner of Gongjin's live café and pub. He is a former singer with stage name Oh Yoon, who disappeared after releasing a hit song in the 1990s.
- Lee Bong-ryun as Yeo Hwa-jung, Young-guk's ex-wife who was born and raised in Gongjin. She is the building owner of Hye-jin's dental clinic and house.
- In Gyo-jin as Jang Young-guk, Hwa-jung's ex-husband. He is the youngest district head who used to be a seventh grade civil servant.
- Hong Ji-hee as Yoo Cho-hee, a teacher at Cheongjin Elementary School.
- Cha Chung-hwa as Jo Nam-sook, president of Prosperous Gongjin Department Store and owner of a Chinese restaurant near Hye-jin's dental clinic.
- Yoon Seok-hyun as Choi Geum-chul, Eun-chul's brother and Du-sik's friend who is the owner of a hardware store.
- Kim Joo-yeon as Ham Yun-kyung, Geum-chul's wife who owns a convenience store.
- Kang Hyung-seok as Choi Eun-chul, Geum-chul's brother and a police officer who is a sincere person and works hard on everything he does.
- Kim Sung-bum as Ban Yong-hun, Gongjin's community center manager.
- Kim Min-seo as Oh Ju-ri, Cheon-jae's daughter.
- Ki Eun-yoo as Jang Yi-jun, Young-guk and Hwa-jung's son.
- Go Do-yeon as Choi Bo-ra, Geum-chul and Yun-kyung's daughter.
- Lee Jung-eun as Hye-jin's patient
- Bae Hae-sun as the head doctor at Hye-jin's former dental clinic
- Lee Jin-hee as Hye-jin's mother
- Lee Ho-jae as Du-sik's grandfather
- Lee Si-hoon as Myung-hak, a patient at Hye-jin's dental clinic.
- Kim Jin-yeop as Lee Kang-wook, Hye-jin's ex-boyfriend and Seong-hyeon's high school classmate (Episode 5th and 9th).
- Kim Dae-gon as rottiserie chicken seller.
- Kim Ji-hyun as Seon-ah, Seong-hyun's cousin and Jung-woo's wife.
- Oh Eui-shik as Park Jung-woo, Du-sik's friend whom he met during college days.
- Lee Do-yeop as Gam-ri's son
- Shim Jin-hwa as a customer at Nam-sook's restaurant.
- Jo Young-seo as main dancer of DOS.
- Kim Do-kyun as lead dancer of DOS.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha's episode titles were written in official wallpaper of each episode in the drama official website.
|No.||Title||Original release date||South Korea viewers|
|1||"The moment I met you everywhere|
(당신의 모습을, 어디서나 만난 순간)"
|August 28, 2021||1.670|
|Yoon Hye-jin, a successful dentist in a clinic in Gangnam, living her best life as a single and successful woman. However, due to the 2% sense of justice hidden within her, she deviates from the path of her life's guarantee of success. She enters an unexpected problem of her life. She goes to seaside village of Gongjin on her late mother’s birthday to reminisce her childhood memories. She lost one of her expensive high heel and meets a strange man, named Hong Du-sik.|
|2||"The moment your sincerity took a step forward|
(당신의 진심이, 한발짝 나아간 순간)"
|August 29, 2021||1.624|
|Hye-jin decides to open her own dental clinic in Gongjin. Hye-jin then goes to a party to promote the clinic but accidentally gossips about Oh Cheon-jae in a room where the microphone is on, which leaves a bad impression in the whole village's eyes. As a result, not a single ant, let alone a patient, is seen in the clinic. Pyo Mi-seon, who is Hyejin's best friend, also moves in with Hyejin and helps out at the clinic. Du-sik armed with his nosyness appears in front of Hye-jin and helps Hye-jin to fit in.|
|3||"The moment your heart smiled at me|
(당신의 마음이, 내게 미소지은 순간)"
|September 4, 2021||2.126|
|Hye-jin leaves home to attend her college classmate's wedding. However, Du-sik, who appeared with three grandmothers, said that everyone had something to do in Seoul and asked for a ride. A long drive to Seoul with Du-sik and other uninvited passengers tests Hye-jin's patience. They also persuade Kim Gam-ri, who initially refuses treatment, to get a dental implant.|
|4||"The moment your temperature melted my heart|
(당신의 온도가, 나의 마음을 녹인 순간)"
|September 5, 2021||2.232|
|Holidays are the most important thing for Du-sik, who pursues a free lifestyle! Hye-jin attends Gongjin shop owner prosperity meeting in hope to meet Du-sik, who has been missing all day, but this member and the noisy atmosphere make her hard to fit in. Hye-jin tries her best to escape. When a patient causes a disturbance at the office, Du-sik comes to the rescue. Elsewhere, Chang Yeong-guk learns that his first love is back in town.|
|5||"The moment your feelings floated on the waves|
(당신의 감정이, 파도에 떠오른 순간)"
|September 11, 2021||2.490|
|Hye-jin, whose memories are cut off, is tormented by the void of incomplete memories. Hye-jin is seen leaving Du-sik's home one morning. While she tries to recall what happened the night before, the town's gossip mill goes into overdrive. Ji Seong-hyeon (also called PD Ji), Hye-jin's senior in college, visits Gongjin to produce a TV program.|
|6||"The moment your gaze goes beyond friendship|
(당신의 시선이, 우정을 넘어선 순간)"
|September 12, 2021||2.593|
|After recalling her kiss with Du-sik, Hyejin resolves to stop getting involved with Du-sik. The residents of Gongjin take part in a singing competition to win prize money. With Hyejin and Du-sik's help, Oh Ju-ri performs a song of her favorite group, DOS, and lands second place. After knowing that Ju-ri needs money to fix her snaggletooth, Hyejin tells Ju-ri it can be treated without paying in full.|
|7||"The moment your loneliness leaned on me|
(당신의 외로움이, 나에게 기대온 순간)"
|September 18, 2021||2.321|
|Seong-hyeon spots Gam-ri's house as a perfect place for shooting and convinces her to let him use it. He also asks Du-sik to work with him. Yeong-guk is in love with Cho-hui. Seong-hyeon asks Du-sik if Hye-jin is dating anyone, to which Du-sik's answer is no.|
|8||"The moment your existence erases the darkness |
(당신의 존재가, 어둠을 지우는 순간)"
|September 19, 2021||2.106|
|A kidnapper targets Cho-hui but is then interrupted by Hwa-jung. Hyejin finds out that some of her patients decline the last step of filling because Nam-sook recommended them to illegal dental technician who charges a cheaper price. Hyejin, Seong-hyeon, and Du-sik successfully retrieve Nam-sook's money in a robbery.|
|9||"Your seat, the moment you draw your daily life |
(당신의 자리가, 일상을 그리는 순간)"
|September 25, 2021||2.397|
|When Hyejin's parents visit Gongjin, Du-sik pretends to be her boyfriend, while Seong-hyeon makes a good impression on her father. Mi-seon confesses to Choi Eun-cheol, to which he declines. Cho-hui refuses to enter a romantic relationship with Yeong-guk.|
|10||"The moment your love reaches 'us' |
(당신의 사랑이, '우리'에 도달한 순간)"
|September 26, 2021||2.978|
After Du-sik rescues Hye-jin in a home invasion and captures a pervert. He’s injured. Hye-jin spent the night at Du-sik's house and he tells her about his late grandfather.Few days later, They celebrate death anniversary of Du-sik's grandfather together. Seong-hyeon confessed his feelings to Hye-jin. Mi-seon and Hye-jin embark on a weekend shopping spree trip to Seoul. However Hye-jin can’t stop thinking about Du-sik. Hye-jin rushes back to Gongjin and confesses her feelings to Du-sik, and they kiss.
|11||"The moment when your excitement becomes my happiness |
(당신의 설렘이, 나의 행복이 되는 순간)"
|October 2, 2021||2.438|
|After Hye-jin drives back to Gongjin to confess to Du-sik, to which he accepts, both kiss each other. Hye-jin postpones their dating status. She then kindly refuses Seong-hyeon's feelings. Then She start to date Du-sik, however asked him to keep their relationship a secret. Broken-hearted, Seong-hyeon is sick and then taken care of by Wang Ji-won. Meanwhile Hye-jin and Du-sik secret dating soon backfire on them. They get it out into the open after 3 days.|
|12||"The moment your wish dreams of 'together' |
(당신의 바람이, '함께'를 꿈꾸는 순간)"
|October 3, 2021||2.776|
|Hye-jin and Du-sik start dating in public. Hye-jin compiles a long bucket list of activities she wants to experience with Du-sik, including a date in Seoul. Mi-seon and Eun-cheol finally arrive on the same page and start an official relationship. Yeong-guk eventually knows the real reasons for his divorce.|
|13||"Your Today is the Moment You Wish for Tomorrow |
(당신의 오늘이, 내일을 바라는 순간)"
|October 9, 2021||2.459|
|Gongjin's residents gather to celebrate Du-sik's birthday. Ji-won's resignation boggles Seong-hyeon's mind. Due to a typhoon which blocks all roads, Ham Yun-gyeong has to give birth at Hyejin's home. Hye-jin grows frustrated as Du-sik keeps his past shrouded in mystery and they stop seeing each other for a while.|
|14||"The moment your promise bring up courage |
(당신의 약속이, 용기를 끌어낸 순간)"
|October 10, 2021||3.013|
Hye-jin, realizing the wall between her and Du-sik, feeling despair. Du-sik cannot easily show her his secrets. Hye-jin hears from Hwa-jeong about the time when Du-sik returned to Gong-jin. Hye-jin and Du-sik take some time apart. Yu Cho-hui urges Yeong-guk to have courage about his feelings. Yeong-guk and Hwa-jung rekindle their love.Seong-hyeon and his team wrap up filming. In the farewell party by Seong-hyeon's filming crew, Du-sik's past is out in the open.
|15||"The moment your sadness greets spring |
(당신의 슬픔이, 봄을 맞이한 순간)"
|October 16, 2021||2.652|
|Dusik's past is finally revealed! Hye-jin is confused by this situation, and Sung-hyun, who hears Do-ha's story, is also surprised by the tangled relationship. Du-sik is once again trapped in the darkness that engulfs him. With his secrets out in the open, Du-sik must find a way to move on from the tragedies of his past. Hye-jin helps him to overcome his guilt and declines an enticing job offer in Seoul to stay in Gongjin.|
|16||"The moment our lives dance with everyone |
(우리의 인생이, 모두와 춤추는 순간)"
|October 17, 2021||3.237|
|Gongjin residences gathers to bid goodbye to a loved one. Hye-jin proposes to Du-sik, unaware that he also wants to do the same. They plan to get married. Ji Sung-hyun is at a crossroads.|
The series, written by Shin Ha-eun, was her comeback after co-writing the 2019 drama The Crowned Clown. It was first announced on December 21, 2020 under the working title of Hong Ban-jang (홍반장). The series is a drama remake of the 2004 movie Mr. Handy, Mr. Hong starring the late Kim Joo-hyeok and Uhm Jung-hwa and written by Kang Seok-beom and Shin Jung-goo.
Casting was first announced on December 21, 2020, with Kim Seon-ho and Shin Min-a being offered the lead roles. In April 2, 2021, it was officially announced that Yoo Je-won will be directing the drama literally translated as Seaside Village Cha-Cha-Cha (갯마을 차차차). In the same time, Kim Seon-ho and Shin Min-a were confirmed as main leads, also Lee Sang-yi was being offered the role. The drama marked Director Yoo Je-won second collaboration with Shin Min-a after both worked on Tomorrow with You (2017).
The first script reading of the cast was held on April 21, 2021. Filming was scheduled to begin on May 8, which was conducted mainly in Pohang. The drama scheduled to wrapped up filming on October 6th, 2021.
Music and choreographyEdit
The series features numerous song covers sung onscreen by the characters. Lim Ha-young, the music director, was responsible for selecting all of the songs used. However writer Shin Ha-eun, director Yoo Je-won, actors and crews also actively gave ideas. Just like Hong Du-sik from the original film, Kim Seon-ho had to sing and play guitar in the drama. In drama version, Du-sik covered "Old Love" from Lee Moon-sae, different song from the original film.
Other drama characters performed in Gongjin Village's "Lighthouse Song Festival". The opening stage of the festival was performance of Gongjin's pride, Oh Yeon, who sung his only hit song, "Exercising in the Moonlight". To revive realistic festival atmosphere, Jo Han-chul sang and played the guitar live. "Exercising in the Moonlight" is actually an old song composed by Lim back in the nineties, selected to achieve realistic nineties sound of hit song that ranked second place in the 1993 K-pop Top 10 Gayo, best achievement of the nineties singer, Oh Yeon. According to the production team, the festival was the most important scene in the sixth episode. It was the most difficult scene that took a long time to film due to involvement the largest number of people, uncertain weather during the rainy season, whilst following the quarantine rules because of COVID-19 situation.
|Episode||Title||Version covered||Performed by||Album||Note||Ref.|
|Old Love||옛사랑||Lee Moon-sae||Hong Du-sik||—||Cafe performance|||
|Exercise at the Moonlit Night||달밤에 체조||Oh Yoon||Oh Yoon (Oh Chun-jae)||Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Album||Performance at Lighthouse Song Festivals|||
|Don’t Give Up||포기하지마||Sung Jin-woo||Choi Geum-chul||—|||
|Tears||눈물||Soo Chan-hwee||Jo Nam-sook||—|||
|Let’s live with a smile||웃으며 살자||Shin Shin-ae||Lee Mat-yi and Park Sook-ja||—|
|My Starry Love||별빛 같은 나의 사랑아||Lim Young-woong||Kim Gam-ri||—|
|I will hug you tight||꼭 안아줄래요||Jang Yu-na and Lee Eu-nu||Choi Bo-ra||—|||
|Just a Feeling||DOS||Oh Ju-ri||—|||
|DOS||Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Album|||
|Love is forgotten by love||사랑이 다른 사랑으로 잊혀지네||Hareem||Ji Seong-hyun||—||Gongjin party to celebrate Ji Seong-hyun PD Variety Show.|||
This drama featured a fictional idol group DOS with their hit song "Just a Feeling". Dance for the song was choreographed by Jo Young-seo and Kim Do-gyun, choreographer and dancer from group named Dance of Soul (DOS), known as choreographers for hit television show, Mr. Trot. Jo mentioned that the idol group name in the drama was originally "Choice," however writer Shin Ha-eun changed the name into DOS. Jo and Kim also said that their appearance in the drama was a sudden decision. When they created the choreography, they were invited to act as idols in the drama. Seong Tae, Baek Seung, Jo Young-seo, Kim Do-gyun and one other member from the dance team then went through a month dance practice in order to potray image of DOS perfectly. The dance were performed by at "Lighthouse Song Festival", first by Hye-jin and Du-sik who acted as backup dancers for Oh Ju-ri, then by idol group DOS who do surprise performance at the festival.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha soundtrack album written by music director Lim Ha-young contains 11 songs (including singles) and 32 score pieces from the series. It features vocal performances from Car, the Garden, Kassy, Cheeze, Choi Yu-ree, Kim Jae-hwan, Sandeul, Seungmin (Stray Kids), and Lee Sang-yi. This sound source compilation consists of a total of 43 tracks. Along with the 8 previously released OST songs, "Just a Feeling" of fictonal idol group 'DOS' in the drama, which was requested by viewers a lot, and two songs 'Oh Yoon', the superstar of 'Gongjin' played by actor Jo Han-chul, "Exercise at the Moonlit Night" and "End and Beginning" were added to the album. A total of 11 songs were recorded, and 32 carefully selected score tracks were included to fully feel the emotion of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha and the afterglow of the drama. It is expected to be a surprise gift for fans who are missing the song.
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||October 18, 2021|
|Label||Stone Music Entertainment|
|1.||"Romantic Sunday" (로맨틱 선데이)||Car, the Garden||3:50|
|2.||"One Sunny Day" (어느 햇살 좋은 날)||Kassy||3:56|
|4.||"Wish" (바람)||Choi Yu-ree||3:57|
|5.||"Be the Light" (빛이 되어줘)||Kim Jae-hwan||3:54|
|6.||"The Image of You (Remains in My Memory)" (내 기억 속에 남아있는 그대 모습은)||Sandeul||3:09|
|7.||"Here Always"||Seungmin (Stray Kids)||4:14|
|8.||"I Hope You're Happy" (행복했으면 좋겠어)||Lee Sang-yi||3:17|
|9.||"Just a Feeling"||DOS||3:13|
|10.||"Exercise at the Moonlit Night" (달밤에 체조)||Oh Yoon||3:25|
|11.||"The Beginning of the End" (끝과 시작)||Oh Yoon||4:00|
|1.||"The Title of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha" (갯마을 차차차 타이틀)||Yoo Jong-hyun||2:17|
|2.||"Start" (스타트)||Lim Ha-young||1:43|
|3.||"I Am Mr. Hong" (나는야 홍반장)||Shin Min-yong||1:59|
|4.||"This Is Not Right" (이건 아니잖아)||Yoo Jong-hyun||2:13|
|5.||"Star Above the Sea" (바다에 뜬 별)||Im Seung-bum||2:26|
|6.||"My Hometown" (내 고향 갯마을)||Yoo Jong-hyun||2:21|
|7.||"Dimple Couple" (보조개 커플)||Byun Dong-wook||1:52|
|8.||"Biggest Mistake" (역대급 실수)||Kim Ji-young||2:40|
|9.||"It Wasn't Meant to Be" (이게 아닌데)||Kim Wan-jung||1:44|
|10.||"When I Think of You" (그대가 생각날 때)||Byun Dong-wook||2:25|
|11.||"Charmer" (애교스트)||Shin Min-yong||2:00|
|12.||"Where People Live" (사람이 사는 곳)||Yoo Jong-hyun||2:08|
|13.||"Connection" (인연)||Jin Myeong-yong||3:29|
|14.||"You're Beside Me" (곁에 있는 너)||Kim Ji-young||3:21|
|15.||"Old Bicycle" (낡은 자전거)||Byun Dong-wook||1:53|
|16.||"Sunset of the City" (도시의 노을)||Lim Ji-won||1:16|
|17.||"The Waltz of Gongjin" (공진왈츠)||Jin Myeong-yong||2:49|
|18.||"Run!" (달려!)||Shin Min-yong||1:34|
|19.||"The Romance of Mi-sun and Eun-chul" (미선과 은철의 멜로)||Byun Dong-wook||1:49|
|20.||"Woojjoojjoo" (우쭈쭈)||Yoo Jong-hyun||2:15|
|21.||"Different Direction Than Expected" (예상과 다른 방향)||Byun Dong-wook||1:40|
|22.||"Cheer Up, Ji PD!" (힘내! 지피디)||Kim Wan-jung||1:47|
|23.||"The Appearance of Cho-hee" (초희의 등장)||Byun Dong-wook||1:34|
|24.||"Running Away" (줄행랑)||Kim Ji-young||2:13|
|25.||"Pretty Woman" (프리티우먼)||Yoo Jong-hyun||1:32|
|26.||"Buried Wounds" (묻어둔 상처)||Kim Wan-jung||3:14|
|27.||"The Voice Inside of Me" (마음의 소리)||Shin Min-yong||2:12|
|28.||"The Romance of Hwa-jung and Young-guk" (화정 영국의 로맨스)||Lim Ha-young||1:28|
|29.||"Tiny Wish" (소소한 바램)||Lim Ha-young||2:01|
|30.||"Plop" (퐁당)||Kim Ji-young||3:30|
|31.||"Family" (가족)||Lim Ha-young||1:38|
|32.||"Farewell, Grandma Gam-li" (안녕 감리씨)||Jin Myeong-yong||3:02|
On July 18, 2022, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha soundtrack album also released in LP version. It was ranked 9 in the Circle Chart Retail Album Chart on July 19th, 2022 with 891 copies sold.
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||July 18, 2022|
|Label||Stone Music Entertainment|
|1.||"The Title of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha" (갯마을 차차차 타이틀)||Yoo Jong-hyun||2:17|
|2.||"Romantic Sunday" (로맨틱 선데이)||Car, the Garden||3:50|
|3.||"One Sunny Day" (어느 햇살 좋은 날)||Kassy||3:56|
|5.||"Wish" (바람)||Choi Yu-ree||3:57|
|6.||"Be the Light" (빛이 되어줘)||Kim Jae-hwan||3:54|
|7.||"The Image of You (Remains in My Memory)" (내 기억 속에 남아있는 그대 모습은)||Sandeul||3:09|
|8.||"Here Always"||Seungmin (Stray Kids)||4:14|
|9.||"I Hope You're Happy" (행복했으면 좋겠어)||Lee Sang-yi||3:17|
|10.||"Just a Feeling"||DOS||3:13|
|11.||"Exercise at the Moonlit Night" (달밤에 체조)||Oh Yoon||3:25|
|12.||"The Beginning of the End" (끝과 시작)||Oh Yoon||4:00|
|1.||"Romantic Sunday" (로맨틱 선데이)||Jung Myung-hoon (Ciel)||Lim Ha-young||Car, the Garden||3:50|
|2.||"Romantic Sunday" (Inst.)||Lim Ha-young||3:50|
|1.||"One Sunny Day" (어느 햇살 좋은 날)||TETE||TETE||Kassy||3:56|
|2.||"One Sunny Day" (Inst.)||TETE||3:56|
|2.||"My Romance" (Inst.)||Jade||2:53|
|1.||"Wish" (바람)||Choi Yu-ree||Choi Yu-ree||Choi Yu-ree||3:57|
|2.||"Wish" (Inst.)||Choi Yu-ree||3:57|
|1.||"Be the Light" (빛이 되어줘)||Jeong Gu-hyeon||Kim Jae-hwan||3:54|
|2.||"Be the Light" (Inst.)||Jeong Gu-hyeon||3:54|
|1.||"The Image of You (Remains in My Memory)" (내 기억 속에 남아있는 그대 모습은)||Kako||Sandeul||3:09|
|2.||"The Image of You (Remains in My Memory)" (Inst.)||3:09|
|1.||"Here Always"||Jeong Gu-hyeon||Seungmin (Stray Kids)||4:15|
|2.||"Here Always" (Inst.)||Jeong Gu-hyeon||4:15|
|1.||"I Hope You're Happy" (행복했으면 좋겠어)||Hen||Hen||Lee Sang-yi||3:18|
|2.||"I Hope You're Happy" (Inst.)||Hen||3:18|
|"Romantic Sunday" (Car, the Garden)||2021||97||Part 1|
|"One Sunny Day" (Kassy)||107||Part 2|
|"My Romance" (Cheeze)||154||Part 3|
|"Wish" Choi Yu-ree||97||Part 4|
|"Be the Light" (Kim Jae-hwan)||91||Part 5|
|"The Image of You (Remains in My Memory)" (Sandeul)||45||Part 6|
|"Here Always" (Seungmin (Stray Kids))||125||Part 7|
|"I Hope You're Happy" (Lee Sang-yi)||112||Part 8|
The series' original script was published into two books; each covers eight episodes. The official release date was scheduled on early November 2021.
|2021||Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Vol 1: Shin Ha-Eun Scriptbook||갯마을 차차차 1: 신하은 대본집 신하은||Shin Ha-eun||Booklog Company Co., Ltd||November 8, 2021||979-1-1680-3004-6|
|Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Vol 2: Shin Ha-Eun Scriptbook||갯마을 차차차 2: 신하은 대본집 신하은||979-1-1680-3005-3|
On November 30, 2021, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Photo Essay was scheduled to be published, but was canceled due unfortunate circumstances. However, on October 17, 2022, publication of the photo essay was finally confirmed. Photo essay was published in a package of two books; each covers eight episodes on February 2023.
|2023||Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Photo Essay||갯마을 차차차 포토에세이||Studio Dragon||Booklog Company Co., Ltd||February 14, 2023||979-1-1680-3043-5|
Big Data ReceptionEdit
During its airing, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha managed to enter Top Ten in Content Power Index (CPI)[a] powered by RACOI. It was first entered Top 10 (Rank 6th) in drama category in the 4th week of August (from 23rd to 29th). In first and second week of September, the drama rank 3rd place drama category and 4th in overall category. In third week of September, the drama rank 2nd place in the drama category and 3rd in the overall category. For four weeks in a row, from 4th week of September 2021 to 2nd week of October 2021, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha was ranked 1st in drama category. For overall category, in 4th and 5th week of September the drama rank 2nd. After slight drop in 1st week of October to 4th place in overall category, the drama was back to 2nd rank in 2nd week of October.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha also generated buzz according to Good Data Corporation[b]. It was charting in Top 10 in TV Topicality Ranking in drama division category since 3rd week of August 2021 to 2nd week of October 2021. In 3rd week of August 2021, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ranked 8th. In 4th week of August 2021, 1st week and 2nd week of September, the drama secured the third rank. It climbed to 2nd rank in 3rd week week of September, 2021. Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha finally, won the top spot in drama popularity in the 4th week of September and 1st week of October 2021. The main leads, Kim Seon-ho and Shin Min-a ranked 1st and 2nd in consecutive weeks from 3rd week of August 2021 to the 4th week of September. In the 5th week of September, Kim Seon-ho ranked 2nd and Shin Min-a 3rd. On the 1st and 2nd week of October 2021, Kim Seon-ho back to rank first in the 1st and 2nd week of October 2021. Meanwhile, Shin Min-a in the 1st week of October 2021, ranked 5th. She was back to rank 3rd in 2nd week of October 2021.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha also enter top 20 of 'FUNdex'[c] (rank 17th) which recorded 83.13 points out of 355 Korean dramas aired from 2018 to 2021. 'FUNdex' provides fun and box office predictions of content by integrating six data: the number of household viewers, the number of 2049 viewers, topicality, performer topicality, clip views, and media attention. Good Data Corporation data and public data provided by RACOI were also used.
On April 18, 2022, the result of The 2021 Big Data Utilization Hallyu Market Research was announced. The report was published by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and The Korean Foundation for International Cultural Exchange (KOFICE). Topic of this report is about the public interest in the Korean Wave. It analyzed the current status of Korean Wave by collecting and analyzing voluntary global reactions that occur online in real-time. Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, along with its leads, Kim Seonho and Shin Min-a were included in the most searched (prominent keywords) related to K-drama on the report.
Drama popularity also had direct impact to main leads brand reputation. According of big data analysis by The Korea Corporate Reputation Research Institute, in September 2021, Kim Seon-ho topped the drama actor brand reputation and Shin Min-a was listed in third position. The institute analyzed 99,640,608 brand big data of 50 actors appearing in dramas aired from August 20, 2021 to September 20, 2021 as consumers' brand participation, media volume, traffic volume, and communication volume. It was measured and indexed with a brand reputation algorithm. Compared to the drama actor brand big data in August 2021, it increased by 21.00%.
A year-end poll that Gallup conducted in South Korea named Kim Seon-ho as Gallup Korea's Television Actor of the Year, while Shin Min-a was listed in second position.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha commercial success had impact to its production house commercial performance. The sales of Studio Dragon third quarter of 2021 were ₩64.9 billion, up 27.7% from the same period last year. The proportion of sales was 55.9%, an increase of 8.1% compared to the same period last year. GTist, who participated in the production company of the drama Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, is considered to have made a full profit in 2021 (net profit of ₩2.1 billion). CJ ENM, parent company of GTist, Studio Dragon, and tvN recorded sales of ₩857.5 billion and operating profit of ₩87.8 billion on a consolidated basis in the third quarter of 2021. Compared to the third quarter of 2020, sales increased by 7.4% and operating profit by 23.6%. TV advertisements and content sales increased by 22.9% and 33.3%, respectively, compared to the same period in 2020. This was attributed to sales of major dramas including Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.
Popularity of the drama coined the term “Gaetcha Craze”. Properties featured in the drama saw an increase in sales. The wine that Yoon Hye-jin gifted to Hong Du-sik in episodes 5, got a rush of orders and was temporarily sold out. The bag worn by Yoon Hye-jin also sold out. In addition, inquiries about other clothes, jewelry, and shoes Shin wore are flooding in. Yoon Hye-jin’s fashion was gaining popularity due to mixed of sophisticated fashion with her unique and lovely charm.
Kim Haeng-sook’ poetry book, Portrait of Echo, gained renewed attention after one of the poem The Gatekeeper was featured in the drama. It has never been on the bestseller list since it was released in 2014, but thanks to Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, it was rediscovered by the public after 7 years. It rose to the second bestseller list in the Kyobo Bookstore's poetry section in the first week of October. It also entered the 3rd bestseller list in the Yes 24 Korean poetry category as of the second week of October. Korean translation book of Henry David Thoreau's Walden, which Hong Ban-jang read in episode 2, was ranking 11th on the bestseller list in the Yes 24 essay category as of the second week of October. As a result of analyzing the book sales growth rate for one week before and after Walden and Portrait of Echo, starting with the exposure date of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, Yes24 showed high sales growth rates of 369% and 3,257%, respectively.
Yes24 reported, that the limited first editions (the writer's edition) of unedited scriptbook Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha 1 and Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha 2, which contain autographs and messages from writer Shin Ha-eun, actors Shin Min-a and Kim Seon-ho, reached the top of the overall bestseller list within one day of pre-sale, and over 9,000 copies were booked on the day of publication alone and proved its popularity. As for the purchasing age of the script book, people in their 20s (36.8%) and 30s (32.4%) had the highest share, followed by people in their 40s (18.7%) and teenagers (7.4%). The male to female ratio was approximately 1:9. According to the official from Aladin, the script soared to the number one spot on Aladin’s bestsellers list on October 16, 2021. “We have been selling the scripts of popular dramas, but a drama script topping the bestseller list is rare,” an Aladin official told The Korea Herald.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha largely received positive critical feedback, primarily for its simplicity, acting by the cast, beautiful cinematography and setting, and warm and healing vibe. Variety selected Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha as one of "The Best International TV Shows of 2021". At rank sixth, the story’s simplicity and lightheartedness has a refreshing vibe amid the doom and gloom of the pandemic. On 21st December 2021 NME unveiled "The Best Kdrama of 2021", in which the series was ranked eighth. According to them, the show won viewers over with its upfront and straightforward approach in dealing with different dilemmas, without being overly preachy and tacky. Every episode is like a warm embrace from those once-strangers-turned-family, offering comfort and respite whether you’re experiencing the highs or lows of every day. Graham Falk of The Scotsman also included the series on the list of "Best K-drama TV shows on Netflix: The 10 most highly rated Korean dramas on Netflix.
Jan Lee of The Straits Times gave the drama a rating of 4/5 stars, pointing out three reasons to tune in to Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha were idyllic setting, charming leads and colourful supporting characters. Piere Conran from South China Morning Post gave the drama a rating of 3.5/5 stars and said that the hit romcom kept things simple and though it occasionally indulged in some hokey dramatics to strengthen its wafer-thin narrative, it was never in danger of alienating its committed audience, which was hooked to the last.”
S. Poorvaja from The Hindu said, “Ultimately, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha is a good example of how K-dramas can get romance right, even as it attempts to provide more nuance and depth into the struggles of its lead characters. For everyone who has had their minds blown by Squid Game, this outing is a worthy representation of what else K-dramas excel at: slice-of-life goodness and wholesome romance of the best kind.” Carolyn Hinds from But Why Tho? A Geek Community, said, “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha is a charming and sweet rom-com that’s the perfect palate cleanser if you’ve been watching a lot of heavy dramas and films recently.”
Professor Mo Jong-rin, a professor at Yonsei University Graduate School of International Studies praised the series as fresh. Professor Mo suggest that, "Netflix, the provider, may not have intended it, but the Squid Game and Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha are logically connected. The community of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha is an alternative solution to the reality of the Squid Game. I'm sorry to the Squid Game fans, but I honestly want foreigners to remember Korea as a warm country that presented a community alternative to the problem, not a country that criticized reality in a provocative way.
Joel Keller of Decider gave a mixed review, "There’s enough good things about Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, including the seashore scenery and the chemistry between the show’s leads, to recommend it. But it moves so slowly at times, the momentum comes close to grinding to a halt."
One of Pop Culture Critics, Jung Deok-hyeon of PD Journal described Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha as "Soft Healing Drama". Bang Yeon-joo, Pop Culture Critic from PD Journal was more mixed in the review, pointing towards some disappointing points, “The role of men and women did not deviate from the typical composition while portraying the difference in personality between Du-sik and Hye-jin in three dimensions. The episodes when “nosy” Du-sik appeared and saved Hye-jin whenever she was in crisis were a cliche setting that defined Hye-jin only as a "damsel in distress". Further more pointed out that the drama was a box office success despite its plain subject matter and genre. “This is because not only the romance between men and women in Gongjin, a seaside town, but also the story of the townsfolk's affectionate characters was built up one by one, bringing in calming fun.
Columnist Jung Deok-hyeon from Entermedia also shared the same sentiment. Particularly about scene of a house trespasser who appeared out of nowhere to advance the relationship between Yoon Hye-jin and Hong Du-sik as the weakness of the drama. Mentioned the cliché that may have been accepted in the past, were difficult to accept with the changed sensibilities of today. Despite these many weaknesses, the viewer response to was not bad, that’s because the fantasy drawn through the virtual space of Gongjin in this drama was that powerful. In a competitive reality like the die-and-kill Squid Game.
There was also an increase in visitors at the various filming sites of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha. It contributed to a positive economic effect to Pohang tourism. The place in the drama quickly emerged as an essential course in Pohang tourism. It is said that the surrounding commercial district and the local economy have been revived thanks to the drama.
Popularity of the drama also contributed to Yangju tourism. Featured in the 12th episode of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha was Chang Ucchin Museum of Art, founded in 2014 by The Chang Ucchin Foundation in collaboration with the city of Yangju. According to Yangju City, the unique structure of the white museum building and the harmony of the surrounding nature caught the viewers' attention, suggesting that more and more people are looking for information about the museum.
On November 24th, 2021 Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha contents was released through LG U+ XR platform U+DIVe. Studio Dragon used its premium IP to present virtual reality (VR) contents in partnership with Korea Tourism Organization and LG U+. This project started with the goal of promoting Korea' beautiful tourist destinations with drama content as a medium. All content was filmed in VR, and tourist places with unique emotions, were filmed in 3D 180-degree high-definition video to double the vividness. Lee Sang-yi reprised his role as Ji PD and became virtual guide of Gongjin VR tour.
|Ep.||Original broadcast date||Average audience share|
|1||August 28, 2021||6.821% (1st)||6.821% (1st)|
|2||August 29, 2021||6.666% (1st)||6.687% (1st)|
|3||September 4, 2021||8.733% (1st)||9.002% (1st)|
|4||September 5, 2021||8.742% (1st)||9.319% (1st)|
|5||September 11, 2021||9.996% (1st)||10.940% (1st)|
|6||September 12, 2021||10.270% (1st)||11.038% (1st)|
|7||September 18, 2021||9.102% (1st)||9.328% (1st)|
|8||September 19, 2021||8.145% (1st)||8.472% (1st)|
|9||September 25, 2021||9.067% (1st)||9.948% (1st)|
|10||September 26, 2021||11.397% (1st)||12.432% (1st)|
|11||October 2, 2021||9.299% (1st)||9.935% (1st)|
|12||October 3, 2021||10.723% (1st)||11.649% (1st)|
|13||October 9, 2021||9.171% (1st)||9.396% (1st)|
|14||October 10, 2021||11.643% (1st)||12.477% (1st)|
|15||October 16, 2021||10.347% (1st)||10.535% (1st)|
|16||October 17, 2021||12.665% (1st)||13.322% (1st)|
Following its release on Netflix, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha became one of the platform's most-watched non-English television shows. According to FlixPatrol, a website providing global rankings for shows on Netflix, the series placed number 8 on its global chart. It remained on Netflix's most-watched non-English popular television show list for 16 weeks in global top ten rankings, and reached the top 10 charts in more than 20 countries.
It also remained on Netflix's Top 10 Chart for television shows for more than two months from its last episode.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Asia Television Award||2022||Best Drama Series||Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha||Nominated|||
|APAN Star Awards||2022||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Shin Min-a||Won|||
|Popularity Star Award, Actress||Nominated|||
|Asian Academy Creative Awards||2022||National Winner (Korea) – Best Direction (Fiction)||Yoo Je-won||Won|||
|Kim Soo-hyun Drama Art Hall
(Cheongju Cultural Industry Promotion Foundation)
|2021||Serial Drama Category – Good Drama of the Year[d]||Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha||Won|||
|Korea Communications Commission Broadcasting Awards||2022||Hallyu Excellence Award||Won|||
|Mnet Asian Music Awards||2021||Best OST||Choi Yu-ree — "Wish"||Nominated|||
|Seoul International Drama Awards||2022||Outstanding Korean Actor||Kim Seon-ho||Won|||
|14th Korean Content Awards[e]||2022||Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Commendation for Contribution to the development of the broadcasting and video industry||Shin Ha-eun||Won|||
|Joy News 24[f]||2021||2021 Best Drama||2nd|
|NME||The 10 best Korean dramas of 2021||8th|
|Variety||The Best International TV Shows of 2021||6th|
|KOFICE[g]||2022||The Most Popular Korean Drama of 2021
Global Hallyu Trend 2022
- ^ CPI Index is an index that identifies the behavior of viewers for 29 channels including terrestrial, general programming, and cable TV dramas, entertainment, music, and infotainment programs during prime time. Through the Broadcasting Contents Value Information Analysis System (RACOI) of the Korea Communications Commission, program-related viewer data (number of video views, posts, and comments) is collected on a weekly basis and converted into standard scores based on 200 points to calculate the average.
- ^ Good Data Corporation (굿데이터코퍼레이션은) is an online public opinion analysis service. It analyzes online information and public opinion by field. Provides TV topical broadcasting program, online topic ranking, and quality evaluation of performers and marketing effect analysis. TV topicality survey target dramas that were being aired or scheduled to be broadcast. Unlike the audience rating, which measures only the viewing time for the broadcast time, TV topicality is to diagnose the evaluation by examining, indexing, and analyzing the netizens' reactions that appeared in online news, blogs, communities, Twitter, and videos for one week after each program was broadcast.
- ^ FUNdex is abbreviation from fun index, the online public opinion analysis published by agency Makenew (메이크뉴), research project of Good Data Corporation. It calculates the score of drama fun for the first time in Korea. The study included 355 dramas broadcast on terrestrial, general and cable channels from 2018 to 2021, but daily dramas and short dramas were excluded from the survey.
- ^ The drama's network tvN, director Yoo Je-won, writer Shin Ha-eun and main actors (Shin Min-a, Kim Seon-ho, Lee Sang-yi, Gong Min-jeung and Kim Young-ok) were also recognized in the award certificate.
- ^ Honors are given at the Korean Content Awards (대한민국 콘텐츠 대상) arranged by the Korea Creative Content Agency and hosted by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. The 2022 Korea Content Awards Ceremony , which started in 2009 and celebrated its 14th this year, aims to inspire pride in the content industry and develop the Korean cultural content industry by discovering and awarding contributors and excellent content that have contributed to the development of the content industry in 2022. It is a place to promote. The winners (works) of honor, which are recommended through the website of the Korea Creative Content Agency (www.kocca.kr) and announced through careful examination by experts and three-step verification, play a leading role in shining the Korean content industry in the world.
- ^ Joy News 24, an entertainment economic magazine, conducted a survey from October 12 to 19 2021, about dramas, movies, actors, singers, and entertainment programs that shone in 2021 in celebration of its 17th anniversary. About 200 people in the industry participated in the survey, including executives at entertainment companies and broadcasting companies, producers of film and broadcast content, and reporters from the entertainment department. The results of the survey are presented by category.
- ^ KOFICE is a subsidiary agency under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism which was established in 2003. The agency is aiming to promote Korean culture globally and connect the country to the world through cultural exchanges.
- ^ Shared position with drama Descendants of the Sun
- ^ a b c d "신민아X김선호 '갯마을 차차차' 주연 확정 '설렘 로코케미 온다'[공식]". Naver (in Korean). Sports Chosun. Retrieved May 1, 2021.
- ^ Shin, Ha-eun (2021). 갯마을 차차차 1: 신하은 대본집 신하은 (in Korean). South Korea: Booklog Company. ISBN 9791168030046.
- ^ Shin, Ha-eun (2021). 갯마을 차차차 2: 신하은 대본집 신하은 (in Korean). South Korea: Booklog Company. ISBN 9791168030053.
- ^ "Shows – 갯마을 차차차". Studio Dragon (in Korean). Retrieved August 14, 2021.
- ^ "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (2021)". CJ ENM. Archived from the original on August 26, 2021. Retrieved October 18, 2021.
- ^ "어디선가 누군가에 무슨 일이 생기면 틀림없이 나타난다 홍반장". Naver Movie (in Korean). Naver Corp. Retrieved June 23, 2021.
- ^ Jeong Tae-gun (July 20, 2021). "[공식] 신민아X김선호 '갯마을 차차차', 8월 28일 첫 방송". Naver (in Korean). Ten Asia. Retrieved July 20, 2021.
- ^ a b "[HanCinema's News] Shin Min-a and Kim Seon-ho Confirmed for "Seashore Village Chachacha"". HanCinema. Retrieved May 1, 2021.
- ^ "New K-DRAMA Rom-Com HOMETOWN CHA-CHA-CHA, Starring SHIN MIN-A AND KIM SEON-HO, Coming to NETFLIX". Netflix. Retrieved June 23, 2021.
- ^ Lee Min-ji (October 11, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 신민아X김선호 로맨스에 11.6% 또 자체 최고 시청률". Naver (in Korean). Newsen. Retrieved October 13, 2021.
- ^ Kang Jin-a (October 18, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 신민아♥김선호, 결혼 해피엔딩…12.7% 종영" (in Korean). Newsis. Retrieved October 18, 2021 – via Naver.
- ^ "케이블 일일". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). Archived from the original on October 18, 2021. Retrieved October 20, 2021.
- ^ a b "K-Drama 'Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha' No. 8 On Global Charts Following 'Squid Game' Success". Forbes. October 6, 2021. Retrieved December 14, 2021.
- ^ a b "Biggest Hits on Netflix". Bloomberg News. March 13, 2022. Retrieved March 15, 2022.
- ^ Hwang Soo-yeon (September 17, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 오예주, 신민아 아역으로 눈도장 '올해 18세'" ['Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha' Oh Ye-joo, Shin Min-ah as a child role '18 years old this year'] (in Korean). Xports News. Retrieved September 17, 2021 – via Naver.
- ^ Lee Min-ji (June 3, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 이상이 출연확정, 스타PD 된다…신민아X김선호와 호흡(공식)". Naver (in Korean). Newsen. Retrieved June 3, 2021.
- ^ a b c d e Kim Seon-woo (June 14, 2021). "갯마을 차차차' 신민아X김선호, 첫 만남부터 케미 폭발…리딩 공개". Naver (in Korean). Sports Seoul. Retrieved June 14, 2021.
- ^ a b c d Lee Mi-ji (August 18, 2021). "갯마을 차차차' 신민아X김선호만 있는 거 아냐..공진 사람들 활약 예고". Naver (in Korean). Herald Pop. Retrieved August 18, 2021.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i "갯마을 차차차 등장인물 소개" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Characters Introduction]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved October 27, 2022.
- ^ Yoon Seong-yeol (July 9, 2021). "우미화, 신민아 엄마 된다..'갯마을 차차차' 출연 확정 [공식]". Naver (in Korean). Star News. Retrieved July 9, 2021.
- ^ Hwang So-young (June 4, 2021). "이석형, '갯마을 차차차' 출연 확정…신민아-김선호와 호흡". Daily Sport (in Korean). Retrieved June 4, 2021.
- ^ Ahn Yoon-ji (June 16, 2021). "이펙스 백승, '갯마을 차차차' 캐스팅..데뷔 동시 연기 도전[공식]". Naver (in Korean). Star News. Retrieved June 16, 2021.
- ^ "Jo Han-chul to Star in "Seashore Village Chachacha"". HanCinema. Star News. Retrieved May 1, 2021.
- ^ Kim Ye-eun (September 13, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 신민아·김선호·이상이 삼자대면…자체 최고 시청률 [종합]". Naver (in Korean). Xports News. Retrieved June 24, 2022.
- ^ "'스위트홈'→'런 온' 이봉련, '갯마을 차차차' 합류..화통한 여장부 캐릭터". Naver (in Korean). Herald Pop. Retrieved May 1, 2021.
- ^ "In Gyo-jin Cast for "Seashore Village Chachacha" With Shin Min-a and Kim Seon-ho". Munhwa Ilbo. Retrieved May 12, 2021.
- ^ Hong Ji-hun (September 12, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 장영국(인교진), 첫사랑 유초희(홍지희)에 데이트 신청 고민" (in Korean). Biz Enter. Retrieved September 30, 2021.
- ^ Ahn Yu-jin (May 24, 2021). "강형석, '갯마을 차차차' 출연..신민아X김선호와 호흡 [공식]". Naver (in Korean). Star News. Retrieved May 24, 2021.
- ^ Shim Eon-kyung (June 14, 2021). "[단독]이정은, '갯마을 차차차' 특별출연…유제원 감독과 특급 의리". Naver (in Korean). SpoTV News. Retrieved June 14, 2021.
- ^ a b "신민아X김선호 케미 빛났다…'갯마을 차차차', 기분좋은 출발". Naver (in Korean). Newsis. Retrieved September 2, 2021.
- ^ Lee Kyung-ho (September 6, 2021). "갯마을 차차차' 신민아 엄마 이진희, 여운 남긴 모성 열연" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha' Shin Min-ah's mother, Lee Jin-hee, left a lasting impression on her motherhood] (in Korean). iMBC. Retrieved September 6, 2021 – via Naver.
- ^ "신민아♥︎김선호가 액션을?..'갯마을 차차차' 시청률 수직상승 이유" (in Korean). OSEN. Retrieved September 12, 2021 – via Naver.
- ^ Cha Hye-young (October 8, 2021). "김지현, '갯마을 차차차' 특별출연…김선호와 어떤 관계?" [Kim Ji-hyun to make a special appearance in 'Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha'... What is your relationship with Kim Seon-ho?] (in Korean). Ten Asia. Retrieved October 8, 2021 – via Naver.
- ^ Ha Ji-won (October 12, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 김지현, 김선호에 "네가 죽었어야지" 오열" (in Korean). Xports News. Retrieved July 26, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Lee Joo-won (October 16, 2021). "김선호가 밝힌 과거의 전말..도하父부터 박정우 사망까지 (갯마을 차차차)" (in Korean). iMBC. Retrieved October 18, 2021 – via Naver.
- ^ Han Hae-sun (December 24, 2021). "이도엽, '경소문'·'갯마을'·'지헤중' 장르 불문 신 스틸러" (in Korean). Star News. Retrieved May 15, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Song, Seong-hee (October 16, 2021). "심진화 카메오, 갯마을 차차차 출연 '기대만발'" [Shim Jin-hwa cameo, appeared in the seaside village cha-cha-cha 'expectation full']. 국제뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- ^ a b c Kim, Ye-na (November 13, 2021). "[단독] '갯차' DOS 조영서·김도균 "진짜 아이돌 같죠" (인터뷰①)" [[Exclusive] DOS Jo Yeong-seo and Kim Do-kyun of 'Gaetcha' "It's like a real idol" (Interview ①)]. www.xportsnews.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- ^ Kim, Ye-na (November 13, 2021). "[단독] '갯차' DOS "김선호, 반가운 인사에 현장 화기애애" (인터뷰②)" [Exclusive] 'Gaetcha' DOS "Kim Seon-ho, happy greetings and friendly atmosphere on set" (Interview②)]. www.xportsnews.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ a b Kim, Ye-na (November 13, 2021). "[단독] 조영서 "'갯차'로 DOS 활동 넓혀, 열어뒀어요" (인터뷰③)" [[Exclusive] Jo Young-seo "I expanded my DOS activities with 'Gacha'" (Interview ③)]. www.xportsnews.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- ^ Lee, Woong-hee (October 15, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 아이돌 D.O.S 조영서-김도균, 출연 비하인드 스토리 대방출" ['Hometown Cha Cha Cha' idol DOS Jo Young-seo and Kim Do-gyun, behind-the-scenes stories released]. 스포츠서울 (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- ^ Episode Titles (published by Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Official Website)
- 1: "갯마을 차차차 | 배경화면 나눔 (1화 & 2화)" [Wallpaper screen sharing (Ep. 1 and Ep. 2)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- 2: "갯마을 차차차 | 배경화면 나눔 (3화 & 4화)" [Wallpaper screen sharing (Ep. 3 and Ep.4)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- 3: "갯마을 차차차 | 배경화면 나눔 (5화 & 6화)" [Wallpaper screen sharing (Ep. 5 and Ep. 6)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- 3: "갯마을 차차차 | 배경화면 나눔 (7화 & 8화)" [Wallpaper screen sharing (Ep. 7 and Ep. 8)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- 4: "갯마을 차차차 | 배경화면 나눔 (9화 & 10화)" [Wallpaper screen sharing (Ep. 9 and Ep. 10)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- 5: "갯마을 차차차 | 배경화면 나눔 (11화 &12화)" [Wallpaper screen sharing (Ep. 11 and Ep. 12)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- 6: "갯마을 차차차 | 배경화면 나눔 (13화 & 14화)" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha | Wallpaper screen sharing (Ep. 13 and Ep. 14)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- 7: "갯마을 차차차 | 배경화면 나눔 (15화)" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha | Wallpaper screen sharing (Ep.15)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- 8: "갯마을 차차차 | 배경화면 나눔 (16화)" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha | Wallpaper screen sharing (Ep.16)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- ^ a b Kim, Jin-seok (December 21, 2020). "[단독]"굿 조합…" 김선호·신민아, 드라마 '홍반장' 주인공(종합)" [Exclusive] "Good combination..." Kim Seon-ho and Shin Min-ah, the main characters of the drama 'Hongbanjang' (comprehensive)]. Ilgan Sports (in Korean). Retrieved June 23, 2021.
- ^ Kim, Seong-hyeon (April 2, 2021). "신민아·김선호 '갯마을 차차차' 출연 확정, 제작진 "완벽한 로코"" [Shin Min-ah and Kim Seon-ho confirmed to appear in 'Seaside Village Cha-Cha-Cha', production team "Perfect Romcom"]. YTN star (in Korean). Retrieved November 7, 2022.
- ^ Park, Jin-young (April 2, 2021). "[단독] 이상이, '갯마을 차차차' 합류…신민아·김선호와 호흡" [[Exclusive] Lee Sang-yi joins 'Seaside Village Cha Cha Cha'... Working with Shin Min-ah and Kim Seon-ho]. inews24 (in Korean). Retrieved November 7, 2022.
- ^ "신민아X김선호 '갯마을 차차차', 대본리딩 완료…5월8일 첫 촬영". Joy News 24 (in Korean). Retrieved May 1, 2021.
- ^ Lee, Si-ra (June 7, 2021). "지난해 '동백꽃 필 무렵' 땐 엄청 왁자글했지… 올핸 배우 신민아·김선호가 포항 달군다며?". Kyongbuk Maeil Shinmun (in Korean). Retrieved June 23, 2021.
- ^ "'갯마을 차차차' 6일 촬영 마무리 '마지막회는 언제'". 시사매거진 (in Korean). October 4, 2021. Retrieved November 17, 2022.
- ^ "메모리얼 김주혁 | 그리운 얼굴 ④ 평범한 슈퍼맨 <어디선가 누군가에 무슨 일이 생기면 틀림없이 나타난다 홍반장>" [Memorial Kim Joo-hyuk | Nostalgic face ④ Normal Superman <If something happens to someone somewhere, he will definitely appear>]. 맥스무비 (in Korean). Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ a b "'갯마을 차차차' 김선호, 감미로운 보이스 선보여 '그가 부른 OST는?'" [Kim Seon-ho of Hometown Chachacha showed a sweet voice and said, "What's the OST he sang?']. 국제뉴스 (in Korean). September 5, 2021. Retrieved November 7, 2022.
- ^ a b Kim, Hyo-jeong (September 16, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 신민아×김선호 '등대 가요제' 숨은 열기" ["Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha." Shin Mina x Kim Seonho Breathing heat in "Lighthouse Song Festival."]. sports.khan.co.kr (in Korean). Retrieved November 14, 2022.
- ^ 기자, 손봉석 (October 14, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 조한철, 오춘재 캐릭터로 안방극장 사로잡아" [Jo Han-chul as Oh Chun-jae in "Hometown Chachacha" captivated the small screen]. sports.khan.co.kr (in Korean). Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ OSEN (September 12, 2021). "신민아X김선호X이상이 '등대가요제' 열린다.."코로나 시국, 안전히 촬영"(갯마을 차차차)" [Shin Min-ah, Kim Seon-ho, and Lee Sang will hold the Lighthouse Song Festival."Corona situation, filming safely" (Hometown Cha Cha Cha)]. mosen.mt.co.kr (in Korean). Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ 🌊[최초공개] 공진 HOT 스타 오윤⭐ 등대가요제 세로 직캠 FULL ver. #갯마을차차차 EP.6 [🌊[First Public] Gongjin HOT Star Oh Yoon⭐ Lighthouse Song Festival Vertical Direct Cam FULL ver. #Gaet Village Cha Cha EP.6], retrieved February 28, 2023
- ^ 🌊[최초공개] 뜨거운 무대매너! 신들린 무빙 최금철 세로 직캠 FULL ver. #갯마을차차차 EP.6, retrieved November 15, 2022
- ^ 🌊[최초공개] 등대가요제를 뒤집어 놓으셨다! 1등 최보라 세로 직캠 FULL ver. #갯마을차차차 EP.6 [🌊[First Release] You turned the lighthouse song festival upside down! 1st place Choi Bo-ra vertical direct cam FULL ver. #Seaside Village Cha-Cha-Cha EP.6], retrieved November 15, 2022
- ^ Shin Min-a and Kim Seon-ho save the day with a dance | Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Ep 6 [ENG SUB], retrieved February 28, 2023
- ^ 🌊[★전격공개] D.O.S 안무 연습 영상 (ft. 찐팬 리액션) #갯마을차차차 EP.6, retrieved February 28, 2023
- ^ [이상이] "갯마을 차차차" 촬영 현장 비하인드 | 사랑이 다른 사랑으로 잊혀지네 by. 지성현 (직캠ver) [[Lee Sang-yi] Behind the scenes of "Hometown Cha-cha-cha" filming site | Love is forgotten by another love. Ji Seong-hyun (fancam version)] (in Korean), retrieved November 16, 2022
- ^ a b Kim, Moon-seok (September 20, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 아이돌 DOS, '미스터트롯' 안무가 조영서였다" [Idol DOS of 'Hometown Cha Cha Cha', Choreographer of 'Mr. Trot']. sports.khan.co.kr (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- ^ Lee, Woong-hee (October 15, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 아이돌 D.O.S 조영서-김도균, 출연 비하인드 스토리 대방출" ['Hometown Cha Cha Cha' idol DOS Jo Young-seo and Kim Do-gyun, behind-the-scenes stories released]. 스포츠서울 (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- ^ Jang, Jin-ri (September 18, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 과몰입 부르는 D.O.S, 진짜 아이돌 아니라구요?" [DOS that calls for excessive immersion in 'Hometown Cha Cha Cha', isn't it a real idol?]. SPOTV NEWS (in Korean). Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved November 14, 2022.
- ^ a b c "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (Original Television Soundtrack)". Apple Music. Retrieved April 26, 2022.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST (CD1)" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST (CD1)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved April 17, 2022.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST (CD2)" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST (CD2)]. tvN (in Korean). Retrieved April 26, 2022.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 O.S.T [180g 클리어 LP 게이트폴드커버]" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha O.S.T. [180g Clear LP Gatefold Cover]]. July 20, 2022. Retrieved November 19, 2022. |website=Aladin |language=ko
- ^ "스테이씨, 써클차트 7월 19일 리테일 앨범차트 1위, 세븐틴·SF9·있지·위너 TOP5…최다앨범 차트진입은 스트레이 키즈·투모로우바이투게더" [STAYC, 1st place on the retail album chart on July 19th, Seventeen, SF9, ITZY, WINNER TOP 5...Stray Kids and TOMORROW X TOGETHER entered the charts the most]. 톱스타뉴스 (in Korean). July 20, 2022. Retrieved November 14, 2022.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST Part 1" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 1]. Melon (in Korean). Retrieved September 5, 2021.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST Part 2" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 2]. Melon (in Korean). Retrieved September 12, 2021.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST Part 3" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 3]. Melon (in Korean). Retrieved September 25, 2021.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST Part 4" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 4]. Melon (in Korean). Retrieved September 25, 2021.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST Part 5" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 5]. Melon (in Korean). Retrieved September 26, 2021.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST Part 6" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 6]. Melon (in Korean). Retrieved October 3, 2021.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST Part 7" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 7]. Melon (in Korean). Retrieved October 10, 2021.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차 OST Part 8" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 8]. Melon (in Korean). Retrieved October 17, 2021.
- ^ Peak chart positions on Gaon Digital Chart:
- 1: 2021년 37주차 Digital Chart [Digital Chart – Week 37 of 2021]. Gaon Music Chart (in Korean). September 5–11, 2021. Retrieved May 26, 2022.
- 2: 2021년 38주차 Digital Chart [Digital Chart – Week 38 of 2021]. Gaon Music Chart (in Korean). September 12–18, 2021. Retrieved May 26, 2022.
- 3: 2021년 39주차 Digital Chart [Digital Chart – Week 39 of 2021]. Gaon Music Chart (in Korean). September 19–25, 2021. Retrieved May 26, 2022.
- 5: 2021년 40주차 Digital Chart [Digital Chart – Week 40 of 2021]. Gaon Music Chart (in Korean). October 2, 2021. Retrieved May 26, 2022.
- 6: 2021년 41주차 Digital Chart [Digital Chart – Week 41 of 2021]. Gaon Music Chart (in Korean). October 3–9, 2021. Retrieved May 26, 2022.
- 4, 7: 2021년 42주차 Digital Chart [Digital Chart – Week 42 of 2021]. Gaon Music Chart (in Korean). October 10–16, 2021. Retrieved May 16, 2022.
- 8: 2021년 43주차 Digital Chart [Digital Chart – Week 43 of 2021]. Gaon Music Chart (in Korean). October 17–23, 2021. Retrieved May 16, 2022.
- ^ Cha-yeon, Kim (October 1, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 신하은 작가, 대본집 출간 예정…7일부터 예약판매" [Writer Shin Ha-eun of 'Sea Village Cha Cha-cha', script book to be published... Pre-order from the 7th]. 톱스타뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved November 14, 2022.
- ^ "드라마 <갯마을 차차차> 무삭제 대본집 『갯마을 차차차 2』 1위 등극" [Drama <Gae Village Cha-Cha-Cha>, the uncut script book, Gaet Village Cha-Cha-Cha 2, ranked first]. October 24, 2021.
- ^ "′갯마을 차차차′ 포토에세이 출간 취소 됐는데...재방송은 강행". m.idsn.co.kr (in Korean). Retrieved November 21, 2022.
- ^ 내년 트렌드 전망에 대한 관심 지속...『트렌드 코리아 2023』 5주 연속 1위 | YES24 채널예스.
- ^ Kang, Ae-ran (October 14, 2021). "[시청자가 찜한 TV] 식지 않는 팬덤 '쇼미더머니 10'" [[TV that viewers like] "Show Me The Money 10" is a fandom that never cools down]. 연합뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- ^ "[시청자가 찜한 TV] 보고만 있어도 훈훈…'갯마을 차차차' 6위" [[The viewers are amazed by the TV] Just watching it makes me feel warm."Gaet Village Chachacha" ranked 6th]. 한경닷컴 (in Korean). September 7, 2021. Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- ^ Lee, Jeong-hyeon (September 14, 2021). "[시청자가 찜한 TV] 로맨스 판타지 사극의 정석 '홍천기' 5위" [[TV Favorites by Viewers] 'Hong Chun Ki', the classic romance fantasy historical drama, ranked 5th]. 연합뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved November 2, 2022.
- ^ Kang, Bo-ra (October 5, 2021). "신민아X김선호 '갯마을 차차차', 식지 않는 화력...영향력 지수 1위" [Shin Min-a X Kim Seon-ho's "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha," a firepower that doesn't cool down...#1 in the Influence Index]. 싱글리스트 (Slist) (in Korean). Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- ^ CPI rank by RACOI (published by CJENM Newsroom)
- 1: Kim, Han-kyu (September 30, 2021). "[주간 CPI] 아듀 99즈! 막강 '스우파'!" [[Weekly CPI] Adieu 99s! The strongest "Swoopa"!]. CJ 뉴스룸 (CJ Newsroom) (in Korean). Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- 2: Kim, Han-kyu (October 20, 2021). "[주간 CPI] 우먼 & 걸스, 엠넷 예능 웃었다!" [[Weekly CPI] Women & Girls, Mnet's variety show!]. CJ 뉴스룸 (CJ Newsroom) (in Korean). Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- 3: Kim, Hyeon-hong (October 25, 2021). "[주간 CPI] 예능, 드라마, 종합 1위를 지킨 CJ ENM의 콘텐츠" [[Weekly CPI] CJ ENM's content that kept the first place in variety shows, dramas, and overall]. CJ 뉴스룸 (CJ Newsroom) (in Korean). Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- 4: Kim, Han-kyu (October 7, 2021). "[주간 CPI] '스우파' 6주 연속 화제성 1위 등극" [[Weekly CPI] 'Swoopa' topped the topic for 6 weeks in a row]. CJ 뉴스룸 (CJ Newsroom) (in Korean). Retrieved November 14, 2022.
- ^ "GOODDATA Corp". www.gooddata.co.kr. Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- ^ Good Data [TV Topic] Drama Ranking
- 1: "[TV화제성] 2021년 8월 3주차 드라마 순위" [[TV topicality] August 2021 3rd week drama ranking]. m.post.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- 2: "[TV화제성] 2021년 8월 4주차 드라마 순위" [[TV topicality] August 2021 4th week drama ranking]. m.post.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- 3: "[TV화제성] 2021년 9월 1주차 드라마 순위" [[TV Topic] Drama Ranking for the 1st week of September 2021]. m.post.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- 4: "[TV화제성] 2021년 9월 2주차 드라마 순위" [[TV topicality] September 2021 2nd week drama ranking]. m.post.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- 5: "[TV화제성] 2021년 9월 3주차 드라마 순위" [[TV topic] Drama ranking for the 3rd week of September 2021]. m.post.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- 6: "[TV화제성] 2021년 9월 4주차 드라마 순위" [[TV Topic] Drama ranking for the 4th week of September 2021]. m.post.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- 7: "[TV화제성] 2021년 9월 5주차 드라마 순위" [[TV topic] September 5th week drama rankings in 2021]. m.post.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- 8: "[TV화제성] 2021년 10월 1주차 드라마 순위" [[TV Topic] Drama ranking for the 1st week of October 2021]. m.post.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- 9: "[TV화제성] 2021년 10월 2주차 드라마 순위" [[TV Topic] Drama ranking for the 2nd week of October, 2021]. m.post.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- ^ "'SKY 캐슬', 펀덱스가 선정한 가장 재밌는 K-드라마" ['SKY Castle', the most interesting (fun) K-drama selected by Fundex]. 스포츠서울 (in Korean). March 17, 2022. Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- ^ Park, Eun-hae (May 30, 2022). "[인터뷰]"TV화제성, 시청률과 또 다른 경쟁력이죠"" [[Interview] "TV topicality, ratings and other competitiveness"]. NEWSIS (in Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- ^ "2021년 하반기 온라인상 한류 언급량 30배 급증 - '2021 빅데이터 활용 한류 시장조사' 결과 발표 -" [In the second half of 2021, the number of mentions of Korean Wave online increased 30 times - Announcement of the results of the '2021 Korean Wave Market Research Using Big Data' -]. kofice.or.kr (in Korean). Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ "2021 빅데이터 활용 한류 시장조사" [2021 Hallyu Market Survey Using Big Data] (PDF). KOFICE. April 18, 2022.
- ^ "김선호, 조정석·신민아 제치고 배우 브랜드평판 1위…갯마을 차차차·이상이 키워드 인기" [Kim Seon-ho beat Jo Jung-seok and Shin Min-ah to take first place in the actor brand reputation... Seaside Village Cha Cha Cha, Lee Sang is a popular keyword]. 뉴스웍스 (in Korean). September 24, 2021. Retrieved November 21, 2022.
- ^ Park, Seo-yoon (September 12, 2022). "해외에서 가장 선호하는 한국 드라마·영화·배우는" [Korean dramas/movies/actors most preferred abroad]. 미디어오늘 (in Korean). Retrieved November 21, 2022.
- ^ Kim Ye-ji (December 14, 2021). "식혜커플" 김선호·신민아, 올해 빛낸 탤런트 1·2위 ["Sikhye Couple" Kim Seon-ho and Shin Min-ah ranked first and second in this year's brilliant talent]. Newsis (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 14, 2021. Retrieved December 14, 2021.
- ^ Park Jin-young (December 14, 2021). 김선호, 2021년 빛낸 배우 1위…신민아·이정재 공동 2위 [Kim Seon-ho, No. 1 shining actor in 2021. Shin Min-ah and Lee Jung-jae tied for 2nd place]. Joynews24 (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 14, 2021. Retrieved December 14, 2021.
- ^ Moon, Soo-ah (November 4, 2021). "갯마을 차차차 고맙다… CJ ENM 3분기 영업이익 878억원ㆍ23.6% 증가" [Thank you for the Gaet Village… CJ ENM 3Q operating profit increased by KRW 87.8 billion and 23.6%]. e대한경제 (in Korean). Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- ^ Chong-hee, Cho (December 21, 2021). "[Who Is ?] 강호성 CJENM 대표이사" [[Who Is ?] Kang Ho-seong CEO of CJENM]. 비즈니스포스트. Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- ^ 기자, 임유정. "'갯마을 차차차 와인' 동났다…"연필와인 주문 폭주"". n.news.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved April 24, 2022.
- ^ "'갯마을 차차차' 인기에 '신민아 가방' 3,000개 팔렸다" [3,000 Shin Mina bags were sold due to the popularity of "Gaet Village Chachacha."]. 서울경제 (in Korean). September 28, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2022.
- ^ "코오롱FnC 쿠론 드라마 '갯마을 차차차' 제작지원" [Support for the production of Couronne FnC Couronne drama 'Gat Village Cha Cha Cha']. EBN (in Korean). September 28, 2021. Retrieved November 14, 2022.
- ^ star, Y. T. N. (October 2, 2021). "[스타,일] '갯마을 차차차' 신민아 패션의 모든 것…'꾸안꾸' 스타일의 완성" [[Star, Il] All about Shin Min-ah's fashion in 'Seaside Town Cha Cha Cha'... Completion of 'Quanku' style]. YTN star (in Korean). Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ UPI뉴스 (October 9, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 인기에 '에코의 초상' '월든' 재발견…김선호 효과?" [Re-discovered "Portrait of Echo" and "Walden" due to the popularity of "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha"...Seonho's effect?]. UPI뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved April 24, 2022.
- ^ "Chiasmus in Henry David Thoreau's Walden", The Formal Center in Literature, Boydell and Brewer Limited, pp. 55–61, September 15, 2018, doi:10.1017/9781787443501.007, ISBN 9781787443501, S2CID 240224639, retrieved April 24, 2022
- ^ 조용철 (October 12, 2021). "'월든' '에코의 초상'.. 서점가 휩쓴 '갯마을 차차차' 열풍" [Walden, Portrait of Echo... The craze for Hometown Chachacha swept through the bookstore]. 파이낸셜뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved April 24, 2022.
- ^ "드라마 <갯마을 차차차> 무삭제 대본집 『갯마을 차차차 2』 1위 등극" [Drama <Gae Village Cha-Cha-Cha>, the uncut script book, Gaet Village Cha-Cha-Cha 2, ranked first]. October 24, 2021.
- ^ Kim, Dong-wook (October 12, 2021). "'갯마을 차차차' 대본집, 출간 즉시 베스트셀러 1위" ['Seaside Town Cha Cha Cha' script book, immediately ranked #1 on the bestseller list]. 한경닷컴 (in Korean). Retrieved November 21, 2022.
- ^ Si-jin, Lee (October 18, 2021). "'Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha' script becomes bestseller online". The Korea Herald. Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ "Here are the 10 most highly rated K-dramas on Netflix, via Rotten Tomatoes reviews". www.scotsman.com. November 18, 2022. Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ Lee, Jan (September 15, 2021). "Binge-worthy: Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha a romantic getaway to rural S. Korea | The Straits Times". www.straitstimes.com. Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha: Netflix romcom gives fans what they wanted". South China Morning Post. October 20, 2021. Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ Poorvaja, S. (October 21, 2021). "'Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha' review: Romance and healing by the sea". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved November 21, 2022.
- ^ Hinds, Carolyn (October 9, 2021). "Beyond The Romance Drama Recap, Episode 5". But Why Tho? A Geek Community. Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ Mo, Jong-rin (October 25, 2021). "[매경춘추] 갯마을 차차차" [[Maekyung Chunchu] Seaside Village Cha Cha Cha]. 매일경제 (in Korean). Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ "Stream It Or Skip It: 'Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha' On Netflix, A K-Drama About A Dentist And A Jack-Of-All-Trades In A Seaside Town". Decider. August 30, 2021. Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ "'갯마을 차차차', 말랑거리는 힐링 드라마" ['Gaet Village Cha Cha Cha', A soft healing drama.]. PD저널 (in Korean). September 3, 2021. Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ "'갯마을 차차차', 빛바랜 해피엔딩". PD저널 (in Korean). October 20, 2021. Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ "훨훨 난 OTT 오리지널...홍역 치른 역사왜곡 논란 드라마" [I'm a OTT original... Controversy drama about the distortion of history with measles]. PD저널 (in Korean). December 31, 2021. Retrieved November 19, 2022.
- ^ "'갯차', 김선호·신민아의 뻔한 판타지가 보기 좋게 통한 까닭" [The reason why the obvious fantasy of Kim Seon-ho and Shin Min-ah worked well in 'Gaetcha']. 엔터미디어 (in Korean). October 18, 2021. Retrieved November 21, 2022.
- ^ Kang, Jin-goo. "포항시티투어, 봄바람 타고 노선개편·코스추가 새 단장" [Pohang City Tour, ride the spring breeze, reorganize routes and add new courses]. n.news.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved April 24, 2022.
- ^ Kim, Sung-hyun (July 6, 2022). "스튜디오드래곤 "콘텐츠로 선한 영향력"… ESG 경영 지속한다" [Studio Dragon "Good Influence with Content"... ESG Management Continues]. YTN star (in Korean). Retrieved November 2, 2022.
- ^ "드라마 속 로맨스 꿈틀대는 곳… 경기도 '핫플레이스' 피어난다" [The place where romance wriggles in the drama... 'Hot place' is blooming in Gyeonggi-do]. 경인일보 (in Korean). Retrieved November 14, 2022.
- ^ Kim, Il-jung (October 7, 2021). "≪브레이크뉴스≫ 양주시립장욱진미술관, '갯마을 차차차' 드라마 촬영지로 화제" [Yangju City Jang Ucchin Museum of Art, 'Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha' Drama Filming Location]. 브레이크뉴스. Retrieved November 10, 2022.
- ^ "'빈센조' 곽동연·'갯차' 이상이, VR로 드라마 속 관광지 간다" ["Vincenzo" Kwak Dong-yeon and "Gaetcha" Lee Sang-hi go to tourist attractions in the drama through VR]. 싱글리스트 (in Korean). November 16, 2021. Retrieved November 10, 2022.
- ^ a b "Nielsen Korea Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS". Nielsen Korea. Retrieved October 19, 2021.
- ^ "갯마을 차차차: 시청률" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha: ratings]. Naver. Retrieved October 18, 2021.
- ^ ""뜨겁다 너무" '갯차' 신민아 얼굴 감싼 김선호..8.7% 최고시청률[종합]" [Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha: Episode 4, ratings]. Star News (in Korean). Retrieved September 6, 2021 – via Naver.
- ^ "Netflix Top 10 – Global (TV: Non-English)".
- ^ Lee Yu-na (November 26, 2021). "[공식] 김선호 '갯차' 위엄..넷플릭스 전 세계 순위 TOP10 '롱런'" [[Official] Kim Seon-ho's 'Gaet Cha' dignity.. Netflix World Rankings TOP 10 'Long Run'] (in Korean). Sports Chosun. Retrieved December 14, 2021 – via Naver.
- ^ Kang Bo-ra (December 9, 2021). "신민아·김선호 '갯차', 종영 2달인데…넷플릭스→트위터 화력 계속" [Shin Min-ah and Kim Seon-ho's 'Gaet Cha', it's 2 months since the end... Netflix → Twitter continues to fire] (in Korean). Single List. Retrieved December 14, 2021.
- ^ "27th Asian Television Awards". Asian Television Awards. Retrieved October 26, 2022.
- ^ Lee, Seul-bi (August 31, 2022). "김혜수→이준호 '2022 APAN STAR AWARDS' 수상 후보 공개" [Kim Hye-soo → Lee Jun-ho's '2022 APAN STAR AWARDS' nominees revealed] (in Korean). Sports Donga. Retrieved September 24, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Kim, Bo-ra (September 30, 2022). "송중기, '2022 에이판 스타 어워즈' 대상 "이준호와 같이 받아 기분 좋다"[종합]" (in Korean). OSEN. Retrieved September 30, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ AAA 2022 National Winner Announcement. YouTube. Asian Academy Creative Awards. September 30, 2022. Event occurs at 19:42. Retrieved September 30, 2022.
- ^ "[발표] 2021 「올해의 좋은 드라마」 선정". Kim Soo-hyun Drama Art Hall (in Korean). Archived from the original on October 28, 2022. Retrieved October 28, 2022.
- ^ Kang Jun-sik (December 21, 2021). "김수현아트홀, 올해의 좋은 드라마 '갯마을 차차차' 선정" (in Korean). News1 Korea. Retrieved March 8, 2022 – via Naver News.
- ^ Park Jong-jin (June 20, 2022). ""tvN '갯마을 차차차' 한류확산상"…방통위 방송대상 개최" (in Korean). ET News. Retrieved June 20, 2022 – via Naver News.
- ^ "[#2021MAMA] Best OST Nominee | #choiyuree #최유리 #Wish #바람" (in Korean). MAMA. November 4, 2021. Retrieved November 4, 2021 – via Twitter.
- ^ Kim So-yeon (September 22, 2022). "[서울드라마어워즈] 김선호, 남자연기자상 "'갯차차' 사랑 감사"" (in Korean). Maeil Business Newspaper. Retrieved September 25, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Kim Han-bin (December 12, 2022). "스우파 최정남 PD-지우학 이재규 감독, 대통령 표창 수상" [Swoopa Choi Jeong-nam PD-Ji Woo-hak Director Lee Jae-gyu received the Presidential Commendation] (in Korean). One WS TV. Retrieved December 21, 2022.
- ^ Park, Jin-young (November 22, 2021). "[창간17년] '슬의생2', 2021 최고 드라마…신민아♥김선호 '갯차' 2위" [['Wise Doctor Life 2', the best drama of 2021... Shin Min-ah♥Kim Seon-ho's 'Gatcha' 2nd place]. inews24 (in Korean). Retrieved November 30, 2022.
- ^ "The 10 best Korean dramas of 2021". NME. December 21, 2021. Retrieved December 21, 2021.
- ^ "The Best International TV Shows of 2021". Variety. December 21, 2021. Retrieved December 21, 2021.
- ^ "2022 글로벌 한류 트렌드" [2022 Global Hallyu Trend]. kofice.or.kr (in Korean). September 8, 2022. Retrieved December 7, 2022.
- ^ Yong, Woon-jong (September 12, 2022). "오징어게임·기생충·이민호·BTS...해외서 최선호 'K-콘텐츠'" [Squid game, Parasite, Lee Minho, BTS...Choi Sunho's "K-Content" overseas]. 싱글리스트 (in Korean). Retrieved December 18, 2022.
- Official website (in Korean)
- Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha on Netflix
- Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha at IMDb
- Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha at HanCinema