Hathras Junction railway station is on the Kanpur–Delhi section of Howrah–Delhi main line and Howrah–Gaya–Delhi line. It is located in Hathras district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.It helps hathras and surrounding areas.
|Indian Railways junction station|
|Location||Hathras, Uttar Pradesh|
|Elevation||183 metres (600 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||North Central Railways|
Hathras–Hathras Kila link
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Zone(s)||North Central Railway zone|
Railways in Hathras
|Source: Google Maps|
Hathras Junction railway station is one having an oddity. The station is on the 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge Kanpur–Delhi section. A meter-gauge line takes off from this station and goes to Hathras Kila railway station. At the Kanpur-end of the Hathras Junction railway station, the Mathura–Kasganj (now broad gauge) line cuts across the broad-gauge line at right angles and has a separate overhead station named Hathras Road within the same premises. Hathras lies 9 km away in the west and is served by Hathras City railway station on the broad gauge (previously metre gauge) line.
The 29 mi (47 km) long Hathras Road-Mathura Cantt line was opened in 1875 by Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway. It was transferred to North Eastern Railway in 1952. The Mathura–Kasganj line was converted from 1,000 mm (3 ft 3+3⁄8 in)-wide metre gauge to 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge in 2009.
The Tundla-Hathras-Aligarh-Ghaziabad sector was electrified in 1975–76.
The station provides connectivity to neighbouring major railway stations like Delhi Junction, Ghaziabad, Aligarh Junction, Tundla Junction, Agra Cantt., Etawah, Phaphund, Kanpur Central etc.
It also facilitates connectivity to many cities like New Delhi, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Kanpur Kota, Jaipur, Tatanagar, Patna, Kolkata etc.
- "Trivia". Station Oddities. IRFCA. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "IR History: Early History (1832–1869)". IRFCA. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "Allahabad Division: A Historical Perspective". North Central Railway. Archived from the original on 1 June 2013. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "Railways enter 159th year of its journey". The Times of India. 23 June 2013. Archived from the original on 22 August 2012. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "IR History:Early Days II (1870–1899)". IRFCA. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "Indian Railways line history, 2 North Eastern Railway" (PDF). Bombay, Baroda and Central Indian Railway. wordpress. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "IR History: Early Days II (1870–1899)". IRFCA. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- Hathras Junction railway station at the India Rail Info
|Hathras Junction railway station|
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|North Central Railway zone||Pora|
|Terminus||North Central Railway zone||Hathras Kila|