Halyna Vasylivna Pundyk (Ukrainian: Галина Василівна Пундик; born 7 November 1987) is a Ukrainian gold medallist in sabre fencing. She was a member of the team which won the gold medal in sabre at the 2008 Summer Olympics.
|Native name||Галина Пундик|
|Born||November 7, 1987|
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||54 kg (119 lb)|
|National coach||Artem Skorokhod|
|Head coach||Valery Shturbabin|
|FIE ranking||current ranking|
The Ukrainian women's team won gold in the Sabre final beating Russia during the 2009 and 2010 European Fencing Championships. At the 2009 World Fencing Championships Pundyk and her teammates beat France to win gold. The team won the title "Team of the Year" at the (Ukrainian) "Sports Heroes of the Year 2009" ceremony in April 2010.
Halyna's brother, Dmytro, is also a high performance fencer.
- (in Ukrainian) Нетішинські фехтувальниці завоювали для України першу золоту медаль на Олімпіаді у Пекіні, Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine (August 14, 2008)
- Plovdiv said goodbye to the European Fencing Championships Archived 2010-07-03 at the Wayback Machine, European Fencing Confederation (July 19, 2009)
- (in Ukrainian) Українські шаблісти вперше стали Чемпіонками Європи, перемігши у фіналі Росію, Korrespondent (July 20, 2009)
- (L-R) Ukraine's Olga Khomrova, Galyna Pundyk, Olga Zhovnir and Olga Kharlan pose with their gold medals during a ceremony for the women's fencing team sabre final at the European Fencing Championship in Leipzig, July 22, 2010 Archived July 24, 2012, at Archive.today, Daylife (July 22, 2010)
- Ukrainian women fencers win gold at World Championship, Den
- (in Ukrainian) Галина Пундик, Ольга Жовнір та Олена Хомрова, UNIAN (April 7, 2010)
- Profile at the European Fencing Confederation
|This biographical article relating to sports in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|