for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Gazi Mohammad Shahnawaz|
Ahead of the 2008 general election, the Election Commission redrew constituency boundaries to reflect population changes revealed by the 2001 Bangladesh census. The 2008 redistricting altered the boundaries of the constituency.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Dewan Farid Gazi died in November 2010. Sheikh Sujat Mia of the BNP was elected in a January 2011 by-election, defeating Awami League candidate Mushfiq Hussain Chowdhury and Jatiya Party (Ershad) candidate Abdul Munim Chowdhury.
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Dewan Farid Gazi||152,080||64.0||+23.9|
|BNP||Sheikh Sujat Mia||79,488||33.5||-2.0|
|BSD||Md. Junayed Miah||1,157||0.5||N/A|
|Gano Forum||Dewan Sayed Mohammad Abdul Ahad Chowdhury||719||0.3||N/A|
|Awami League hold|
|Awami League||Dewan Farid Gazi||74,693||40.1||+1.8|
|BNP||Sheikh Sujat Mia||66,137||35.5||+15.8|
|IJOF||Khalilur Rahman Chowdhury||43,453||23.3||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Yakub Ali||872||0.5||N/A|
|JSD||Md. Sahid Mia||621||0.3||N/A|
|Bangladesh Samajtantrik Dal (Basad-Khalekuzzaman)||Junaed Ahmed||470||0.3||N/A|
|Awami League hold|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Awami League||Dewan Farid Gazi||52,940||38.3||-0.8|
|JP(E)||Khalilur Rahman Chowdhury||44,113||31.9||-7.2|
|BNP||Sheik Sujat Mia||27,248||19.7||+7.2|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Md. Golam Rahman Chowdhury||3,393||2.5||N/A|
|BIF||Qari Lutfar Rahman Helal||862||0.6||N/A|
|JSD (R)||Md. Sahid Mia||676||0.5||-1.8|
|Bangladesh Samajtantrik Dal (Khalekuzzaman)||Faisal Soheb||666||0.5||-0.1|
|Independent||Md. A. Samit||514||0.4||N/A|
|Gano Forum||Md. Abdul Hannan||188||0.1||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
|JP(E)||Khalilur Rahman Chowdhury||41,957||39.1|
|Awami League||Farid Gazi||38,927||36.3|
|BNP||Faruk Bakht Chowdhury||13,416||12.5|
|Independent||Md. Abdul Aziz Chowdhury||8,975||8.4|
|JSD (R)||Md. Abdul Mosabbir||2,520||2.3|
|Bangladesh Samajtantrik Dal (Khalekuzzaman)||Faisal Soheb||649||0.6|
|BNIP||Rakib Uddin Chowdhury||288||0.3|
|Independent||Md. Abdul Khaleq||154||0.1|
|JP(E) gain from [[|N/A]]|
- "Habiganj-1". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "District Statistics 2011: Sylhet" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- Rahman, Syedur (2010). Historical Dictionary of Bangladesh. Scarecrow Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8108-7453-4.
- Liton, Shakhawat (11 July 2008). "Final list of redrawn JS seats published". The Daily Star.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 6th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 September 2018.
- Ahmed, Taib (15 December 2013). "AL closer to majority before voting". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "BNP bags one of 2 AL seats in JS". The Daily Star. 28 January 2011. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 28 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.