Georgia's 12th congressional district
Georgia's 12th congressional district is a congressional district in the U.S. state of Georgia. It is represented by Republican Rick Allen. The district's boundaries have been redrawn following the 2010 census, which granted an additional congressional seat to Georgia. The first election using the new district boundaries (listed below) were the 2012 congressional elections.
|Georgia's 12th congressional district|
Georgia's 12th congressional district - since January 3, 2013.
- Columbia (Partial, see also 10th district)
- Effingham (Partial, see also 1st district)
- Jeff Davis
Election results from presidential racesEdit
|2004||President||George W. Bush 50% - John Kerry 49%|
|2008||President||Barack Obama 54% - John McCain 45%|
|2012||President||Mitt Romney 55% - Barack Obama 44%|
|2016||President||Donald Trump 57% - Hillary Clinton 41%|
List of members representing the districtEdit
|Democratic||Charles Walker, Jr.||62,904||44.81|
|Democratic gain from Republican|
|Republican gain from Democratic|
Living former MembersEdit
As of May 2015[update], there are two living former members of the House from the district.
|Representative||Term of office||Date of birth (and age)|
|Max Burns||2003–2005||November 8, 1948|
|John Barrow||2005–2015||October 31, 1955|
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- Justice Department approves Georgia's political maps. Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Last accessed December 27, 2011
- 2012 Congressional maps, Georgia Legislature. Last accessed January 1, 2012
- United States Congress. "Dudley Mays Hughes (id: H000920)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- United States Congress. "William Washington Larsen (id: L000103)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- United States Congress. "Max Burns (id: B001249)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- United States Congress. "John Barrow (id: B001252)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.