Gaurav Arora is an Indian actor and Supermodel. He was the second runner - up in Gladrags Manhunt and Megamodel Contest in 2006. He has appeared in numerous print-shoots and television commercials of reputed brands. He has been a part of the major fashion shows, and walked the ramp for some of India's biggest designers.
1985/1986 (age 33–34)
|Alma mater||Daly College, Indore|
|Years active||2006 - present|
|Known for||Raaz: Reboot, Love Games (film)|
|Parent(s)||Ravi Arora (Father) Radha Arora (Mother)|
|Height||185 cm (6 ft 1 in) |
Arora made his film debut with Vishesh Films and Vikram Bhatt's Hindi film Love Games (2016) alongside Tara Alisha Berry and Patralekha. He played the male lead named Sameer Saxena. This was followed by another pivot role of Rehaan Khanna in Vishesh Films Raaz: Reboot (2016), also starring Emraan Hashmi and Kriti Kharbanda in the lead, directed by Vikram Bhatt.
Gaurav Arora was born in Mungaoli, Ashoknagar district of Madhya Pradesh. His parents are Mr. Ravi Arora and Mrs. Radha Arora. He has an elder sister and a younger one, named Anshu Arora and Mahek Arora respectively. He did his schooling from Daly College, Indore. And later earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Prestige Institute of Management and Research. He was a National - level Swimmer, and a District - level Hockey player.
Debut and breakthroughEdit
Arora made his acting debut with Vishesh Films' Love Games in 2016. He portrayed the male lead role of Sameer Saxena, a depressed rich drug addict guy, who does self-harm, parties hard and plays love games around with Ramona Raichand (Patralekha). The story of the film shows how his life changes when he meets Alisha (Tara Alisha Berry) and falls in love with her, and what all he does to win her against all odds. This film was shot in Cape Town, South Africa. It is an urban thriller directed by Vikram Bhatt.
Arora received his breakthrough in the thriller and horror genre film Raaz: Reboot (2016), starrer Emraan Hashmi and Kriti Kharbanda. He played the lead role of Rehaan Khanna, an introvert and intense guy. The film is a love story triangle, which revolves around three characters of Aditya (Emraan Hashmi), Rehaan (Arora) and Shaina (Kriti Kharbanda), who all have a mysterious past, full of secrets. Raaz: Reboot is a Vishesh Films production, directed by Vikram Bhatt. This was entirely shot in Romania. This film met with mixed to positive reviews. However Arora's performance earned critical acclaim and was better received. As per Mumbai Mirror "Gaurav Arora perseveres to lend dignity to his character and has done a fine job." Deccan Chronicle said " Just one - film old Gaurav Arora quite literally steals the show. It is commendable how he sweeps away all the attention despite having an established actor Emraan in the film."
Vishesh Films who is famous for launching successful Bollywood stars like Kangana Ranaut, John Abraham (actor), Bipasha Basu, Dino Morea and others, launched a new face (Gaurav Arora) after almost a decade in Love Games. Gaurav became the new poster boy of Bhatt Camp. He has signed a three - film deal with Vishesh Films. He will soon be seen in his next project.
Arora has done Theatre too. While he groomed himself as a model, he simultaneously became a part of theatre group. He has been on stage for several plays across the country. Some of them are "The night of January 16th", "The Mousetrap " and "And Then There Were None".
Arora participated in Gladrags Manhunt and Megamodel Contest in 2006, and won the second runner-up title. He subsequently opted to work as a model, and act in theatre. He was soon a successful runway model. He was amongst the winners of Elle (India) fresh face of the year 2010 title. He was counted as one of the fittest male Supermodels by Men's health magazine in 2011. In 2013, he was listed amongst the most desirable Indian men (objects of desire) by Vogue India.
Arora has worked with the top leading designers in India including Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Raghavendra Rathore and others. He has walked the ramp for the major fashion weeks in the country, like Lakme Fashion Week, India Fashion Week, Indian couture week, Amazon India fashion week, and many more. As a model, he has represented India overseas too, in countries like the United States, Canada, Dubai and Thailand. Arora is considered amongst the top Supermodels of India. He has endorsed several leading brands in the country. Some of his television commercials include Gillette (brand), 7Up, Honda, Maruti Suzuki, Nyle body lotion (CavinKare), WB Channel, Keya food products and JW Marriott Hotels. He has appeared in commercials of QMobile, for Pakistan also. He has done print-shoots to endorse various brands like Provogue, Raymond Group, Mufti, Reliance, John Miller, Bajaj Group, Spykar, Gesture and many more. He has shot for few fashion magazines like Vogue (magazine) and GQ, and appeared for Bronze Age editorial with Lisa Haydon for Vogue India. He was recognised as one of the top Indian male Supermodels by Mandate magazine in 2013. Gaurav has done a short film for GQ (Indian edition) named Glow Key, which was shot in Bali, Indonesia, and which brought him much acclaim as a model.
|2016||Love Games||Sameer Saxena||Hindi|
|2016||Raaz: Reboot||Rehaan Khanna||Hindi|
Awards and nominationsEdit
- "In Transition - Indulge". Indulge.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Who is India's fittest male supermodel? : Cover Stories - Menshealth". Menshealth.intoday.in. 2015-11-24. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Love Games releases today at box-office". The Indian Express. 2016-04-08. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "How Gaurav Arora was offered 'Raaz Rebooted'?". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2016-02-20. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- Pandolin (31 March 2016). "Modeling was a platform for me to get into films - Gaurav Arora - Pandolin".
- "I'm obsessed with…- Mumbai Mirror".
- "The Bhatts' new blue-eyed boy". 23 February 2016.
- "Film review: Love Games - Mumbai Mirror". Mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com. 2016-04-09. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Movie Review Raaz Reboot: Emraan Hashmi's Film is Mediocre Fare - NDTV Movies". Movies.ndtv.com. 2016-01-01. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "'Raaz Reboot' movie review by audience: Live updates". Ibtimes.co.in. 2016-09-19. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Movie Review: Raaz Reboot - Mumbai Mirror". Mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com. 2016-09-16. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Raaz Reboot movie review: Reboot or rehash?". Deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Model Gaurav Arora in Raaz 4, Bhatt camp to launch a newcomer after a decade". The Indian Express. 2016-02-12. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "GA makes digital debut".
- "The Cast Of Asura".
- "The Night Of January 16th English Play/Drama". MumbaiTheatreGuide.com. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "The Mousetrap play review, English play review". MumbaiTheatreGuide.com. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Winners of Gladrags 2006". Boldsky.com. 2006-04-10. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "The "Sexiest" Boys on the Runway". Missmalini.com. 2012-07-06. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Top 10 Male Models In India". Mensxp.com. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- Anne Enke. "Lisa Haydon, Dayana Erappa, Bruno Amora, Gaurav Arora & Piyush In 'Bronze Age' For Vogue India November 2014 — Anne of Carversville". Anneofcarversville.com. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Behance". www.behance.net.
- "Colors Stardust Awards 2017 Winner Name List Nominations Performance Video Images". 8 January 2017.