GQ (Indian edition)
GQ is the Indian edition of the American monthly men's magazine called GQ. It is the 15th international edition of GQ and is published by Condé Nast India Pvt. Ltd., a 100% owned subsidiary of Condé Nast International. Condé Nast gained 100% ownership after regulatory changes in 2005 permitted 100% foreign direct investment in non-news and current affairs publications. GQ was the second magazine released in India, after Vogue India, that is 100% foreign owned. Condé Nast India is based in Mumbai and also has an office in New Delhi.
Amitabh Bachchan on the June 2015 cover of GQ
|First issue||October 2008|
|Company||Condé Nast India Pvt. Ltd.|
The magazine was launched with the October 2008 issue, which was unveiled by Condé Nast on 29 September 2008. The cover, shot by Pascal Chevallier, featured Saif Ali Khan and Katarina Ivanovska on the regular cover, and Yuvraj Singh, Lisa Haydon, Arjun Rampal and Ujjwala Raut on the gatefold cover.
GQ India gives away a number of Awards in various fields. One popular award is the GQ Men of the year award. There are even other felicitations like the 100 Best Dressed people in India, Creative Personality of the year and Most Influential Men List.
- "Editors and Writers". GQ India. 8 February 2010. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Condé Nast International; India; GQ". Condenastinternational.com. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "GQ India Contact us". gqindia.com. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "GQ hits the newsstands in India". PressGazette. 29 September 2008. Archived from the original on 1 November 2014. Retrieved 23 March 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Oliver Luft (29 September 2008). "GQ launches in India". Guardian. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Vogue India Launches". Forbes.com. 18 September 2007. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Vogue Hits Indian Newsstands". Businessweek. 18 September 2007. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Condé Nast International: Country - India". Condenastinternational.com. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Conde Nast unveils GQ India". Brandrepublic.com. 29 September 2008. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "GQ Awards: All the winners from the GQ Men of the Year Awards 2018". GQ India.
- "We picked the 100 Best Dressed people in India right now". GQ India.
- "Deepika Padukone bags the 'Creative Personality Of The Year' at the GQ Awards". Zee News India.