Lakme Fashion Week
|Lakmé Fashion Week|
Lakmé Fashion Week
Nargis Fakhri at the Lakme Fashion Week in 2013
|Frequency||Bi-Annual in April and August|
|Previous event||August 2018|
|Next event||April 2019|
The event first took place in 1999.
It is considered as one of the premier fashion event in India . along with FDCI's India Fashion Week and India Runway Week. It is jointly run and organized by Lakmé, and IMG Reliance Limited, where title sponsor is Lakme.
International models such as Naomi Campbell as well as Indian film stars such as Deepika Padukone, Malaika Arora Khan, and Arjun Rampal have participated in it. International labels that have taken part in LFW include Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana, and Roberto Cavalli. Among Indian designers, Ajay Kumar, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, and Ritu Beri have taken part in the event.  The event has been responsible for launching the careers of designers such as Sabyasachi Mukherjee. Kareena Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez, Sushmita Sen, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone and Lisa Haydon have been some of the major show-stoppers till date.
- "ANOTHER FASHION WEEK ?". The Indian Express. 23 July 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Mumbai all set for Lakme Fashion Week". Reuters. 19 March 2008. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Fashion business poised for dramatic growth: FDCI". Times of India. 2 August 2002. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Loud patterns, bold statement". Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- "LFW 2013 announced". Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "Fashion's Milestones". The Indian Express. 16 August 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "New star rises from east". The Telegraph. 24 April 2005. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lakme Fashion Week.|