Donbassaero (Ukrainian: Донбасаеро) was an airline with its head office on the property of Donetsk International Airport in Donetsk, Ukraine. It operated domestic and international scheduled services. Its main bases were Donetsk International Airport and Boryspil International Airport in Kyiv. The main shareholder of the company was PrivatBank, controlled by Ihor Kolomoyskyi.
|Founded||1993, refounded 2003|
|Ceased operations||14 January 2013|
|Secondary hubs||Boryspil Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Meridian loyalty program|
|Alliance||Ukrainian Aviation Group|
The airline was founded in 1993 as Donetsk State Airline, then re-organized and re-branded as Donbassaero in 2003. Their web site was launched in July 2005 and their online booking system started in November of the same year.
Since 25 March 2012, as a result of the Anti-monopoly committee of Ukraine's decision to allow the consolidation of the Ukrainian Aviation Group's physical and operational assets, Donbassaero no longer operated flights with its own code, but rather on behalf of its parent company Aerosvit.
The airline filed for bankruptcy and ceased operations on 14 January 2013.
Donbassaero served the following scheduled destinations (as of January 2013):
- United Arab Emirates
The Donbassaero fleet included the following aircraft (as of December 2012):
|Airbus A320-200||9||0||12||138||150||3 operated for Aerosvit|
|Airbus A321-200||1||0||0||210||210||leased from WindRose Aviation|
- "Contacts Archived May 31, 2011, at the Wayback Machine." Donbassaero. Retrieved on 27 April 2011. "Headquarter The headquarter of our company was located at international airport “Donetsk”. Address: DONBASSAERO, 1«V», Vzlyotnaya str., Donetsk, 83021, Ukraine"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 74.
- Zaitsev, Tom (2010-02-12). "Three Ukrainian carriers seek tie-up approval". Flightglobal. Reed Elsevier. Retrieved 2011-07-22.[permanent dead link]
- "About us". Donbass.aero. Archived from the original on 2013-01-17. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
-  Archived October 17, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- ""Днеправиа" присоединяется к альянсу авиакомпаний "АэроСвит" и "Донбассаэро"". Dniproavia.com. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- Donbassaero timetable. Retrieved 2009-09-13 Archived April 13, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Aircraft and Fleet Lists". ch-aviation.ch. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
Media related to Donbassaero at Wikimedia Commons