The Delhi–Saharanpur–Dehradun Expressway is an under-construction access controlled expressway in India with operational speed limit of 100 kmph (Designed for vehicular movement at 120 kmph) between Delhi and Dehradun. The expressway is spread across the states of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand and passes through cities such as Baghpat, Baraut, Shamli and Saharanpur.
|Length||210 km (130 mi)|
|Existed||March 2024 (expected)–present|
|States||Delhi, Uttar Pradesh & Uttarakhand|
|Major cities||Delhi, Baghpat, Baraut, Shamli, Saharanpur, Dehradun|
A 12 km-long elevated corridor will be constructed to protect wildlife, thus it will be the first highway in India to have a wildlife protection corridor, and also Asia's longest wildlife elevated corridor of 12 km for unrestricted wildlife movement. After completion of this expressway, the distance between the two cities would be reduced from 235 km to 210 km, while journey time would be reduced from 6.5 hours to only 2.5 hours.
- Length – 210 km (130 mi)
- Number of Lanes – 6 lanes (extendable to 8 lanes)
The Expressway is proposed to developed in three phases:
- Phase I: Expressway Stretch between Akshardham (Delhi) & proposed EPE Junction. This phase will be brownfield.
- Phase II: Expressway Stretch between proposed EPE Junction and Ganeshpur near Saharanpur bypass. This phase will be greenfield.
- Phase III: Expressway Stretch between Ganeshpur near Saharanpur bypass & Dehradun.
- Feb 2020: Central Government gives in principle approval for the expressway.
- Aug 2020: The proposed expressway to be ready by March 2024.
- Jan 2021: Tenders awarded for first two stages of expressway from Akshardham to Baghpat district border and work is expected to start by month end. Tenders for remaining stages to be awarded after completion of land acquisition.
- Nov 2021: Central Government sanctions ₹ 2,095 crore to build six-lane road connecting Haridwar with the expressway.
- Dec 2021: Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the expressway on 4 December.
- Feb 2020: NH 307 will be brownfield expressway.
- "Central govt plans expressway between Delhi and Dehradun". Hindustan Times. February 25, 2020.
- "Good News: सहारनपुर में वन्य जीवों को बचाने के लिए बनेगा एलिवेटेड हाईवे, मिली मंजूरी". Dainik Jagran. August 31, 2020.
- "देहरादून से दिल्ली के बीच सफर अब ढाई घंटे में, इकोनामिक कॉरिडोर को केंद्र की अनुमति". Amar Ujala (in Hindi).
- "दून से सिर्फ 206 किमी दूर रह जाएगी दिल्ली". Live Hindustan.
- "Centre gives in-principle nod to Doon-Delhi elevated expressway". February 24, 2020 – via The Economic Times.
- "Reach Dehradun from Delhi in just 2.5 hours via elevated road: CM Trivendra Singh Rawat | Dehradun News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "First highway with wildlife protection corridor! Delhi-Dehradun Expressway will cut travel time to 2.5 hours". The Financial Express. 12 February 2021. Retrieved 9 March 2021.
- goyal, raghav (25 February 2020). "Centre Gives In-Principle Approval For Dehradun-Delhi Expressway". TheQuint. Retrieved 9 March 2021.
- K. Dash, Dipak. "23 new expressways and highways coming up in next 5 years | India News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 March 2021.
- "गाजियाबाद जल्द शुरू होगा देहरादून एक्सप्रेसवे का काम, जारी हुआ पहले दो चरणों का टेंडर". Amar Ujala (in Hindi). Retrieved 9 March 2021.
- Bhandari, Shashwat (2021-11-18). "Development work of 6-lane access-controlled highway on THIS stretch sanctioned". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 2021-12-01.
- "New Delhi-Dehradun highway to be built: Here're details - Foundation stone laid". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2021-12-04.