Christopher Mies at Assen in 2011
|Born||24 May 1989|
|ADAC Procar Series (Division 2)|
FIA GT3 European Championship
Bathurst 12 Hour
Blancpain Endurance Series
24 Hours Nürburgring
Australian GT Championship
ADAC GT Masters
Mies began his career in 2006 in the Toyota Yaris Cup Germany, followed in 2007 by the Ford Fiesta Cup Germany. While racing a Ford Fiesta ST he won Division 2 of the ADAC Procar Series in 2008. In the same year he also moved into GT Racing for the first time, entering two races of the ADAC GT Masters in an Audi R8 LMS, thus beginning a long connection with the Audi brand. In 2009, he won his first major championship title, winning the FIA GT3 European Championship for Phoenix Racing with Christopher Haase, once again in an Audi R8 LMS. He moved to Abt Sportsline for the 2010 ADAC GT Masters season, finishing second in the championship. In 2011 he won the Bathurst 12 Hour for Joest Racing alongside Marc Basseng and Darryl O'Young. He repeated the achievement in 2012 with O'Young and Christer Jöns, this time for Phoenix Racing.
Mies went on to cement his rising reputation within GT3 ranks with a victory in the 2012 Blancpain Endurance Series. In 2013 and 2014, Mies raced in a diverse range of series and events, including largely unsuccessful returns to Bathurst and the Blancpain Endurance Series as well as appearances in the 24 Hours Nürburgring, Sepang 12 Hours and United SportsCar Championship. 2015 became Mies' most successful year to date, most notably winning the 24 Hours Nürburgring with Nico Müller, Edward Sandström and Laurens Vanthoor in the new Audi R8 LMS for Team WRT. He also continued his association with Australia through winning the Australian GT Championship, as well as the Australian Tourist Trophy, for Jamec Pem Racing and also finished second in the Highlands 101 for the team. In 2016 he continued in the Australian GT Championship as defending champion, once again with Jamec Pem Racing. He also continued in the Blancpain GT Series with Team WRT, finishing second in the series. With Connor De Phillippi, Mies won the 2016 ADAC GT Masters series.
- "Payment - Driver Database". www.driverdb.com.
- "Audi takes one-two in Bathurst 12 Hour". SpeedCafe. 6 February 2011. Archived from the original on 7 March 2011. Retrieved 23 March 2016. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Team Phoenix picks up from Team Joest and delivers a second-straight Bathurst 12 Hour win for Audi". Fox Sports News. 26 February 2012. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Australian GT confirms 28 cars for Clipsal 500". SpeedCafe. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "2016 Blancpain GT Series reaches new heights". Blancpain GT Series. 9 March 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- Official site (in German)
- Christopher Mies on Twitter
- Christopher Mies career summary at DriverDB.com
| FIA GT3 European Champion
with: Christopher Haase
| Winner of the Bathurst 12 Hour
2011 & 2012
(with Darryl O'Young &
Marc Basseng 2011 & Christer Jöns 2012)
| Blancpain Endurance Series
With: Christopher Haase
and Stéphane Ortelli
| Australian GT
| ADAC GT Masters Champion
Connor De Phillippi