2021 12 Hours of Sebring
The 2021 12 Hours of Sebring (formally known as the 69th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts) was an endurance sports car race held at Sebring International Raceway near Sebring, Florida from 17 to 20 March 2021. It was the second round of both the 2021 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and the Michelin Endurance Cup. Mazda Motorsports entered as the defending overall winners of the 12-hour event.
After being postponed to November the previous year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the race returned to its traditional March date for 2021. Originally, the 1000 Miles of Sebring, the FIA World Endurance Championship event run in conjunction with the 12 Hours in 2019, was slated to return, but was later cancelled due to international travel restrictions still imposed by the pandemic.
On March 10, the full entry list for the race was revealed, featuring 37 cars. The field consisted of 7 cars in the DPi category, 5 in the LMP2 category, 7 in the LMP3 category, 5 in the GTLM category, and 13 in the GTD category.
Class winners are denoted in bold and .
- The no. 48 Ally Cadillac Racing entry was moved to the rear of the DPi classification for violating drive time rules after Simon Pagenaud was found to have driven more than the maximum 4 hours within a 6 hour time period.
- The no. 22 United Autosports entry was moved to the rear of the LMP2 classification for exceeding maximum skid block wear regulations.
- Lloyd, Daniel (January 22, 2021). "1000 Miles of Sebring Canceled; Portimao to Stage 2021 Opener". Sportscar365.com. John Dagys Media, LLC. Retrieved March 21, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ryan, Nate (March 10, 2021). "Entry list for the 2021 Twelve Hours of Sebring". nbcsports.com. NBC Universal. Retrieved March 21, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring presented by Advance Auto Parts Weekend Schedule". imsa.com. International Motor Sports Association, LLC.
|IMSA SportsCar Championship|
2021 24 Hours of Daytona
|2021 season||Next race:|
2021 Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio