Meyer Shank Racing
IMSA SportsCar Championship
|Race drivers||IndyCar Series:|
06. Helio Castroneves
60. Jack Harvey
IMSA SportsCar Championship:
60. A.J. Allmendinger
Juan Pablo Montoya
|Manufacturer||IndyCar Series: Honda|
IMSA SportsCar Championship: Acura
|Debut||2017 Indianapolis 500 (Indianapolis)|
|Latest race||2021 Indianapolis 500 (Indianapolis)|
|Drivers' Championships||Atlantic Championship:|
C2-Class 1996: Michael Shank
GTD 2019: Mario Farnbacher & Trent Hindman
|Indy 500 victories||1 (2021)|
Michael Shank as an owner of Michael Shank Racing, he was car owner for Sam Hornish, Jr. when he won the 1999 Formula Atlantic series Rookie of the Year title. Shank has been twice named Formula Atlantic Team Owner of the Year.
In 2006, his car, driven by Justin Wilson, A. J. Allmendinger, Oswaldo Negri and Mark Patterson, finished in 2nd position overall and in the Daytona Prototype class in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and won in 2006 at Miller Motorsports Park. The team finished 8th in points in both 2006 and 2007, with John Pew becoming Negri's co-driver.
In 2011 the team improved to sixth place overall.
IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipEdit
In 2014 Grand-Am and the American Le Mans Series merged to form the United SportsCar Championship. Michael Shank Racing ran a single Riley Ford Ecoboost DP with drivers John Pew and Oswaldo Negri. In 2015 and 2016 the team entered a Ligier JS P2-HPD, claiming wins at Laguna Seca and Petit Le Mans in 2016.
The team switched to the GT Daytona class in 2017 and entered two factory-backed Acura NSX with drivers Oswaldo Negri Jr., Jeff Segal, Andy Lally and Katherine Legge, and wins two races in Belle Isle and Watkins Glen. Michael Shank Racing wins two races in 2018 in Belle Isle and Laguna Seca, finishing the season in second place overall.
The 2012 program was intended to use the Lotus engines (later revealed to be uncompetitive) and field Jay Howard for the 2012 Indianapolis 500, however, despite having full sponsorship from Jim Beam, the failure to secure a competitive engine lease kept it from doing so.
Michael Shank Racing announced that it had sold its Dallara chassis to Sam Schmidt Motorsports in February 2013 and declared its intention to collaborate with another team on a 2013 Indianapolis 500 entry. No such program was finalized in time for the race.
In the 2018 IndyCar Series, in a partnership with Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, the team entered Jack Harvey in 6 events, including the 2018 Indianapolis 500, and in 2019 in 10 races, obtaining the first podium, the 3rd place in the IndyCar Grand Prix.
On May 30, 2021, Hélio Castroneves won the 2021 Indy 500 while racing for the team. This marked Castroneves' 4th Indy 500 victory (tied for most all time), and the team's first career victory in the IndyCar Series.
|Michael Shank Racing with Andretti Autosport|
|Dallara DW12||Honda HI17TT V6t||Jack Harvey||50||31||28th||57|
|Meyer Shank Racing with Schmidt Peterson Motorsports|
|Dallara DW12||Honda HI18TT V6t||Jack Harvey||60||23||12||16||20||16||17||24th||103|
|Meyer Shank Racing with Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports|
|Dallara DW12||Honda HI19TT V6t||Jack Harvey||60||10||10||13||22||3||21||15||10||19||19||21st||186|
|Meyer Shank Racing|
|Dallara DW12||Honda HI20TT V6t||Jack Harvey||60||16||17||23||17||7||7||9||11||13||7||12||8||6||19||15th||288|
|Dallara DW12||Honda HI21TT V6t||Jack Harvey||60||11||4||7||17||23||18||13th*||123*|
* Season still in progress
|#||Season||Date||Sanction||Track / Race||No.||Winning Driver||Chassis||Engine||Tire||Grid||Laps Led|
|1||2021||May 30||IndyCar||Indianapolis Motor Speedway (O)||06||Hélio Castroneves||Dallara DW12||Honda HI21TT V6t||Firestone||8||20|
WeatherTech SportsCar Championship winsEdit
|#||Season||Date||Classes||Track / Race||No.||Winning Drivers||Chassis||Engine|
|1||2016||May 1||Prototype||Laguna Seca||60||Oswaldo Negri, Jr. / John Pew||Ligier JS P2||Honda HR35TT 3.5 L V6 Turbo|
|2||October 1||Prototype||Road Atlanta||60||Oswaldo Negri, Jr. / John Pew / Olivier Pla||Ligier JS P2||Honda HR35TT 3.5 L V6 Turbo|
- MEYER SHANK RACING. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- 2006 Daytona 24 Hours. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- Michael Shank Racing wins Discount Tire Sunchaser 9-Hour Win powers Lexus to Manufacturer Championship title as Patterson secures Jim Trueman Award (Tooele, UT) 2 September 06--Michael Shank Racing won the Discount Tire Sunchaser at Miller .... Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- MSR wins New Jersey.. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- Michael Shank Racing a Winner at Miller Motorsports Park. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- Michael Shank Racing win Daytona 24. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- MICHAEL SHANK RACING CAPTURES HISTORIC 50TH ANNIVERSARY ROLEX 24 AT DAYTONA. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- IMSA - MICHAEL SHANK RACING WIN AT LAGUNA SECA WITH THE LIGIER HPD. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- Petit Le Mans results: Michael Shank Racing, Honda win the race. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 Team Wins Detroit Grand Prix Sprint Run. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- Michael Shank Racing with Curb/Agajanian Wins the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen with Acura NSX GT3. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- Meyer Shank Racing Wins Watkins Glen with Acura. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- Farnbacher, Hindman Confirmed in MSR Acura for Full Season. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 17, 2011. Retrieved September 17, 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on January 16, 2012. Retrieved January 12, 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Smith, Luke (April 12, 2017). "Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk". Motorsports.nbcsports.com. Retrieved April 17, 2017.
- http://www.michaelshankracing.com/index.php/2020/10/02/meyer-shank-racing-announces-investment-by-formula-one-group/. Retrieved October 2, 2020. Missing or empty
- "Helio Castroneves wins record-tying fourth Indianapolis 500". ESPN. ESPN News Services. May 30, 2021. Retrieved May 31, 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michael Shank Racing.|