for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Party||Bangladesh Tarikat Federation|
|Member(s)||Syed Nazibul Bashar Maizvandary|
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Ahead of the 2008 general election, the Election Commission redrew constituency boundaries to reflect population changes revealed by the 2001 Bangladesh census. The 2008 redistricting altered the boundaries of the constituency.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
|BTF||Syed Nazibul Bashar Maizvandary||125,351||90.5||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Nazim Uddin||731||0.5||N/A|
|BTF gain from BNP|
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|BNP||Salahuddin Quader Chowdhury||129,333||58.1||+8.8|
|Awami League||ATM Pearul Islam||92,266||41.4||+7.8|
|Gano Forum||Md. Liakat Ali Chowdhury||1,098||0.5||N/A|
|BNP||L. K. Siddiqi||67,512||49.3||+8.1|
|Awami League||ABM Abul Kashem||46,045||33.6||-9.9|
|Independent||Md. Nurul Mostafa Kamal Chowdhury||16,424||12.0||N/A|
|IJOF||Md. Didarul Kabir||4,971||3.6||N/A|
|BIF||Abul Asad Mohammad Jobair||1,505||1.1||+0.6|
|Jatiya Party (M)||Mir Md. Nowshad Uddin||126||0.1||N/A|
|BNP gain from Awami League|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Awami League||ABM Abul Kashem||45,478||43.5||+7.5|
|BNP||L. K. Siddiqi||43,121||41.2||-4.6|
|JP(E)||Md. Didarul Kabir||7,602||7.3||+3.1|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Md. Shafiqul Moulah||7,488||7.2||-3.4|
|BIF||Md. Musa Al Kaderi||574||0.5||N/A|
|IOJ||Md. Khairul Islam Chowdhury||159||0.2||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Fakhrul Uddin Chowhury||121||0.1||N/A|
|Zaker Party||Md. Nurul Alam Chowdhury||92||0.1||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
|BNP||L. K. Siddiqi||36,855||45.8|
|Awami League||ABM Abul Kashem||28,928||36.0|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Md. Shafiqul Moulah||8,549||10.6|
|Independent||Kazi Khairul Alam||2,289||2.8|
|JSD (R)||Gazi Md. Sekandar||130||0.2|
|Jatiya Biplobi Front||Fazlul Kader||79||0.1|
|BNP gain from JSD (R)|
- "Chattogram-2". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Rahman, Syedur (2010). Historical Dictionary of Bangladesh. Scarecrow Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8108-7453-4.
- Liton, Shakhawat (11 July 2008). "Final list of redrawn JS seats published". The Daily Star.
- Bangladesh Election Commission (13 February 2018). "Parliament Election 1973: Constituency wise Result of Chittagong-2". Archived from the original on 20 February 2018. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Chittagong-2". Bangladesh Election Result 2014. Dhaka Tribune. Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Electoral Area Result Statistics: Chittagong-2". AmarMP. Archived from the original on 21 July 2018. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- Statistical pocketbook of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. 1999. OCLC 655445406.