Bangladesh at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|Bangladesh at the|
2012 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Bangladesh Olympic Association|
|Competitors||5 in 5 sports|
|Flag bearer||Mahfizur Rahman Sagor|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Five Bangladeshi athletes were selected to the team, 4 men and 1 woman, competing at their respective sports (archery, athletics, gymnastics, shooting, and swimming). All of them were received under University places and by a tripartite invitation, without having qualified. Bangladesh, however, has yet to win an Olympic medal.
|Athlete||Event||Ranking round||Round of 64||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Final|
|Mohammed Milon||Men's individual||636||61|| Godfrey (GBR) (4)
|Did not advance|
Bangladesh has been given a wild card.
- Note – Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Mohan Khan||100 m||11.25||5||Did not advance|
Bangladesh has been awarded a wild card.
|Syque Caesar||Floor||14.666||N/A||14.666||29||Did not advance|
|Sharmin Ratna||10 m air rifle||393||27||Did not advance|
Bangladesh has been given a wildcard place for swimming
|Mahfizur Rahman Sagor||50 m freestyle||24.64||39||Did not advance|
- Bangladesh Olympic Association :: Home
- "Olympics-Bangladesh's man of the sea ready for biggest honour". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
|This article related to sport in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2012 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|