Baaghi 3 is a 2020 Indian Hindi-language action thriller film directed by Ahmed Khan. Produced by Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment and Fox Star Studios, it is a spiritual sequel to Baaghi 2 (2018) and the third film in the Baaghi film series. Baaghi 3 stars Tiger Shroff, Riteish Deshmukh and Shraddha Kapoor. A remake of the 2012 Tamil-language film Vettai, the film follows Ronnie, a young man who protects his timid brother Vikram from bullies. He convinces Vikram to join the police force and works with him to take down criminals without exposing himself. When Vikram receives nationwide praise, he is sent for a mission to Syria where Ronnie sees him getting beaten up and kidnapped over a video call. This prompts him to head to Syria and rescue Vikram.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ahmed Khan|
|Written by||Farhad Samji|
|Screenplay by||Farhad Samji|
|Story by||Sajid Nadiadwala|
|Cinematography||Santhana Krishnan Ravichandran|
|Edited by||Rameshwar S. Bhagat|
Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment
Fox Star Studios
|Distributed by||Fox Star Studios|
|Box office||est. ₹137.05 crore|
The film co-stars Jaideep Ahlawat, Vijay Varma, Jameel Khoury and Ankita Lokhande. Disha Patani, who played the female lead in the previous film, makes a special appearance in the song "Do You Love Me". The action sequences were choreographed by Ram Chella, Lakshman Chella, and Kecha Khampadkee. Principal photography of the film began on 12 September 2019 in Mumbai. The makers wanted to shoot in Syria but the producers Fox Star Studios declined due to safety issues, due to which sets resembling the Syrian topography were built in Serbia.
Baaghi 3 was theatrically released in India on 6 March 2020, receiving mixed reviews; the action sequences were praised while the writing was criticized. Despite a strong performance in its opening week, the film's collections were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic as the theatres were shut down. There were plans for a re-release once the outbreak would end, but the makers instead decided to release it on digital platforms. Nevertheless, it became the second highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2020.
Ranveer "Ronnie" Chaturvedi lives with his elder brother Vikram. Protective toward him since childhood, especially after their father's death, Ronnie is offered a job in the police force, but refuses due to his violent track record and convinces Vikram to take on the job. A timid and reluctant Vikram becomes a cop. When a hostage situation arises, Vikram is assigned the job and is terrified to face the criminals, but Ronnie accompanies him, fighting off the goons and helping rescue the hostages. He doesn't take the credit, and this process continues, with Vikram getting popular among the public and his department after each case. Ronnie and Siya fall in love and get their respective siblings Vikram and Ruchi married to each other. One day, Vikram is assigned to go for routine paperwork in Syria. Upon arriving, Vikram chats with Ronnie over video call but is suddenly kidnapped by a group of men who break into his home as Ronnie watches helplessly.
Ronnie and Siya travel to Syria, where the police refuse to help them. They meet Akhtar Lahori, who helps them track Vikram and his captors. They go to Vikram's hotel while the cops start looking for the trio. In Vikram's room, Ronnie finds a damaged phone and escapes with Siya and Lahori before the cops can catch them. The trio finds the attacker, resulting in a chase. The exhausted attacker agrees to help before being hit by a truck and dying. Siya retrieves the attacker's phone and texts a goon named IPL to meet at a hotel. Abu Jalal Gaza, the mastermind, arrives to avenge his brother, the attacker's death. The main cop who supports Ronnie captures IPL while Abu escapes. Fearing betrayal from IPL since he's been arrested, Abu orders his men to take him down. Ronnie and the team cleverly stage a series of events that lead to Abu's henchmen believing they've been betrayed by IPL. They attack him, and upon being rescued by Ronnie, IPL decides to help him.
Ronnie single-handedly battles Abu's army before going to rescue Vikram and the hostages. IPL sacrifices himself and Abu agrees to free everyone but captures Siya. Ronnie fights Abu's henchmen, but as Vikram starts getting enraged to see Ronnie being hit, Ronnie stops fighting back. He is stabbed and nearly killed, causing a transformation in Vikram, who jumps out of the cell and brutally fights off everyone, finally impaling Abu on steel rods. Vikram and Siya try to revive Ronnie, and as Abu emerges to attack them from behind, Ronnie wakes and kills him.
Returning to India, Vikram is honored for his bravery while Ronnie imagines their father, a cop, saluting and hugging him for keeping his promise.
- Tiger Shroff as Ranveer "Ronnie" Chaturvedi
- Riteish Deshmukh as Vikram Charan Chaturvedi
- Shraddha Kapoor as Siya Nandan
- Ankita Lokhande as Ruchi Nandan
- Jameel Khoury as Abu Jalal Gaza, the chief of ISIS
- Jaideep Ahlawat as IPL
- Vijay Varma as Akhtar Lahori
- Jackie Shroff as Inspector Charan Chaturvedi
- Satish Kaushik as Police Commissioner BMC
- Virendra Saxena as Kailash Tripathi
- Ivan Kostadinov as Zaidi
- Manav Gohil as Asif
- Sunit Morarjee as Inspector Sharad Kute
- Shriswara Dubey as Hafeeza
- Amit Sharma as Bajwa
- Danish Bhatt as Bilal
- Shaurya Bharadwaj as Chacha Ji
- Disha Patani in a special appearance in the song "Do You Love Me"
The film was announced on 19 December 2018 with Tiger Shroff by Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment on their Twitter account by releasing a teaser poster. On 12 February 2019 Shraddha Kapoor was signed to play lead opposite Tiger Shroff. In June it was announced that Riteish Deshmukh has joined the cast of the film.  In August 2019, it was announced that shooting of the film will take place in Morocco, Egypt, Serbia and Turkey.
Promotion and release
It was theatrically released in India on 6 March 2020.
Bollywood Hungama gave the film three stars out of five, praising the performances, action sequences and cinematography while criticizing the writing and Khan's direction. The Times of India gave the film two and a half stars out of five, with praise for the action sequences but criticism for the shaky camerawork, CGI and the writing. Rajeev Masand from CNN-News18 gave the film two stars out of five, criticizing the direction as a "bloated mess."
Baaghi 3 earned ₹17.50 crore net at the domestic box office on the opening day, which was highest opening day collection for 2020 Bollywood film so far.
As of 15 March 2020[update], with a gross of ₹110.65 crore in India and ₹24.42 crore overseas, the film has a worldwide gross collection of ₹135.08 crore and became the second highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2020.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||7 March 2020|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film's music was composed by Vishal–Shekhar, Tanishk Bagchi, Sachet–Parampara, Rochak Kohli and Pranaay Rijia, with lyrics written by Panchhi Jalonvi, Indeevar, Tanishk Bagchi, Shabbir Ahmed, Gurpreet Saini, Gautam G. Sharma and Ginny Diwan.
The song "Bhankas" was a remake of the song "Ek Aankh Marun To" from the 1984 film Tohfa, was originally composed by Bappi Lahiri, lyrics by Indeevar and sung by Kishore Kumar and Asha Bhosle then was recreated by Tanishk Bagchi.
The song "Do You Love Me" is a recreation of British record producer TroiBoy's song.
|1.||"Dus Bahane 2.0"||Panchhi Jalonvi||Vishal-Shekhar||Vishal Dadlani, Shekhar Ravjiani, KK, Shaan, Tulsi Kumar||3:21|
|2.||"Bhankas"||Shabbir Ahmed||Tanishk Bagchi||Bappi Lahiri, Dev Negi, Jonita Gandhi||2:38|
|3.||"Do You Love Me"||Tanishk Bagchi||Tanishk Bagchi||Nikhita Gandhi||2:42|
|4.||"Get Ready To Fight -Reloaded"||Ginny Diwan||Pranaay Rijia||Pranaay Rijia, Siddharth Basrur||2:51|
|5.||"Faaslon Mein"||Shabbir Ahmed||Sachet-Parampara||Sachet Tandon||4:41|
|6.||"Tujhe Rab Mana"||Gautam G Sharma, Gurpreet Saini||Rochak Kohli||Shaan||4:59|
- "Baaghi 3 (2020)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- "Baaghi 3 - Movie - Box Office India". Box Office India.
- "Baaghi 3 Box Office". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 10 April 2020.
- "Baaghi 3: Shraddha Kapoor to essay the role of air hostess in Tiger Shroff starrer". Bollywood Hungama. 5 August 2019. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
- "Tiger Shroff unleashes 'beast mode' for 'Baaghi 3'". The Times of India. 16 August 2019. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
- "Tiger Shroff-Riteish Deshmukh's 'Baaghi 3', a remake of Tamil hit 'Vettai'?". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- "Baaghi 3 star Tiger Shroff shares sizzling photo of Disha Patani from upcoming song 'Do You'". Bollywood Hungama. 26 February 2020. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "Tiger Shroff starrer Baaghi 3 had three different action directors for insane action sequences". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh's Baaghi". Mumbai Mirror. 12 September 2019. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "Baaghi 3: Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor, Riteish Deshmukh's film goes on floor today". Bollywood Hungama. 12 September 2019. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- ""Fox shot down our plans to shoot in Syria", says Baaghi 3 director Ahmed Khan". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "'Baaghi 3' Live Update:Tiger Shroff's Mass Entertainer Gets Mixed Responses From Netizens". Republic World. Retrieved 6 March 2020.
- "Tiger Shroff's Baaghi 3 may not re-release in theatres; will release now on digital platform". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "EXCLUSIVE: "I don't know if there is a point to release the film anymore," says Tiger Shroff talking about the re-release of Baaghi 3". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "Bollywood Top Grossers Worldwide Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- Grandson, Nadiadwala (19 December 2018). "Yes you heard it right! He is coming back.All of this was a Warmup...Kyuki abhi to usne Start Kiya Hai #SajidNadiadwala's #Baaghi3 releasing on 6th March 2020". Twitter. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "It's official: Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor team up once again for Baaghi 3". Asianet News Network Pvt Ltd.
- "Baaghi 3: Riteish Deshmukh joins Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor in third instalment of action franchise- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 12 June 2019.
- "'Baaghi 3': The Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor starrer to be shot in Morocco, Egypt, Serbia and Turkey – Bollywood sequels to look forward to". The Times of India.
- "Baaghi 3: Shraddha Kapoor & Tiger Shroff start the shooting of the film in Mumbai today; fly to Serbia later". PINKVILLA.
- "Baaghi 3: Tiger Shroff to save a city in the climax, shoot begins today". Hindustan Times. 12 September 2019.
- Fox Star Studios (6 February 2020). "Baaghi 3 – Official Trailer – Tiger Shroff -Shraddha – Riteish – Sajid Nadiadwala – Ahmed Khan – 6th MARCH". Retrieved 6 February 2020 – via YouTube.
- "Baaghi 3 Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 6 March 2020.
- "Baaghi 3 Movie Review : Tiger's lethal blows let down by weak writing". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 March 2020.
- Masand, Rajeev (7 March 2020). "Baaghi 3 Movie Review: Tiger Shroff Throws Logic Out of the Window But Makes it a Fun Watch". News18. Retrieved 7 March 2020.
- "Baaghi 3 Box Office Collections – The Tiger Shroff starrer Baaghi 3 takes the best opening so far of 2020". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 7 March 2020.
- "Baaghi 3 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Vishal-Shekhar on 'Dus Bahane' remake in Baaghi 3: Doing whatever we can to save our song". Republic World. 3 February 2020. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- "Baaghi 3 song Dus Bahaane: Here's why Vishal-Shekhar agreed to revamp their song". mid-day. 12 February 2020. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Vishal-Shekhar on remixing Dus Bahane for Baaghi 3: 'We are trying to fix it so it isn't reduced to another shoddy remix'". Hindustan Times. 4 February 2020. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- "Vishal-Shekhar excited to remix their own song for the first time – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Tiger Shroff shares some fun BTS footage from the making of Bappi Da's song 'Bhankas'". Republic World. 17 February 2020. Retrieved 17 February 2020.
- "Tiger Shroff's film to see another remix of a popular song, this time by Bappi Lahiri". Mid Day. 17 February 2020. Retrieved 17 February 2020.