Alliance for Peace and Freedom
This article includes inline citations, but they are not properly formatted. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Vice Chairman||Nick Griffin|
|Founded||4 February 2015|
14 September 2014 (unofficial)
|Preceded by||European National Front|
|Headquarters||Sentier de Montigny 6060, Gilly, Belgium|
|Think tank||Europa Terra Nostra|
|European Parliament group||Non-Inscrits|
2 / 751
|European Lower Houses|
14 / 9,874
The party wishes to establish a network of nationalist movements across Europe that will cooperate to strengthen their shared ideals. The party cooperates and supports other nationalist groups across Europe that are not members, these include former party member Golden Dawn, Tricolour Flame, Alternative for Sweden and the ELAM. The party is described as neo-Nazi by several newspapers, and neo-fascist by others.
The group differs from other far-right groups in its uninhibited ultranationalist discourse. The group works for the dissolution of the European Union, which it considers as an obstacle to the Europe of nations, and for the perennity and the safeguarding of the "ancestral" European traditions such as the Christian tradition.
Europa Terra NostraEdit
The Europa Terra Nostra is the official European political foundation of the APF. The ETN was founded 3 July 2015 in Berlin where it continues to operate as the official think-tank of the APF and serves as the European framework for national foundations/think-tanks recognized by APF member-parties.
The AFP works to coordinate European nationalist parties across the continent. It helped establish the Italy for the Italians coalition composed of AFP member New Force along with Tricolour Flame. In 2017 the AFP aided in the formation of the National Identity Bloc in Europe coalition, AFP members, United Romania Party and Noua Dreaptă joined forces with the Greater Romania Party. In 2019 The AFP played a part in forming the ADÑ Identidad Española coalition, composed of AFP member National Democracy, FE-JONS, Spanish Alternative and La Falange.
The APF maintains contacts with conservative circles in Russia with the group being invited to conferences hosted by the Kremlin. The party supports Vladimir Putin and United Russia's leadership of Russia, especially in the Ukraine crisis and Syrian Civil War. The party is supportive of Alexander Lukashenko and maintains contacts with the Liberal Democratic Party of Belarus.
It maintains friendly relations with the Syrian Arab Socialist Ba'ath Party government with Deputy Chairman, Nick Griffin being invited to Syria by Bashar al-Assad multiple times as an ambassador. Meetings between the party and the Syrian Social Nationalist Party have been held with the AFP publicly supporting the SSNP. The group maintains contacts with Hezbollah and has hosted at least one meeting with Hezbollah leaders. The group has been in regular contact with Lebanese leader Michel Aoun and the ruling Free Patriotic Movement.
Former member partiesEdit
|Country||Party||Abbr.||Leader||Ideology||Left the AFP|
|Denmark||Party of the Danes
Danish: Danskernes Parti
|2017 (party dissolved)|
Greek: Χρυσή Αυγή
|Sweden||Party of the Swedes
Swedish: Svenskarnas parti
|2015 (party dissolved)|
|Nick Griffin||Deputy Chairman||United Kingdom|
|Stefan Jacobsson||Secretary General||Sweden|
|Tomáš Vandas||Board member||Czech Republic||DSSS|
|Gonzalo Martin Garcia||Board member||Spain||DN|
|Hervé Van Laethem||Board member||Belgium||Nation|
|Olivier Wyssa||Board member||France|
|Martin Beluský||Board member||Slovakia||ĽSNS|
|Ingo Stawitz||Board member||Germany||NPD|
Eighth European Parliament:
in 2014–2019 term
|Jean Marie Le Pen||Non-Inscrits||France||CJ|
Ninth European Parliament:
in 2019–2024 term
- "The Kremlin 'hosts' the European extreme right". osw.waw.pl. 25 March 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "Where we stand". apfeurope.com.
- "Milan Congress and Meeting". apfeurope.com.
- "Le Parlement européen finance une conférence néonazie". EurActiv.fr (in French). 28 April 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- Stroobants, Jean-Pierre (30 April 2016). "Des fonds européens pour un rassemblement de néonazis" (in French). Le Monde.fr. ISSN 1950-6244. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "600mila euro ai neofascisti di Fiore, Parlamento Ue lancia procedura per bloccare i fondi". Repubblica.it (in Italian). 21 May 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Manfred Weber calls for defunding of 'neo-fascist' political group". politico.eu. 20 April 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Jean-Marie Le Pen rejoint un parti européen néofasciste". Le Monde.fr (in French). 5 April 2018. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "Statement of Principles". apfeurope.com. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "STATUTES". apfeurope.com.
- "Über uns". europa-terra-nostra.com.
- "Partidul lui Sebastian Ghiță, la braț cu PRM și "Noua Dreaptă"". cotidianul.ro. 27 March 2017.
- "Success for APF conference in Paris". apfeuropa.com. 22 March 2016. Archived from the original on 15 April 2016. Retrieved 7 January 2018.
- "France's Jean-Marie Le Pen joins European far-right alliance". thelocal.fr. 7 April 2018. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "The Far-Right "International Russian Conservative Forum" to Take Place in Russia". www.interpretermag.com.
- "To Russia with love, from Europe's far-right fringe". ft.com. 22 March 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "Belarus – report on APF delegation to a stronghold of social nationalism". apfeurope.com.
- "Nick Griffin visits Serbia – more APF expansion on the way". apfeurope.com.
- "Alliance of Peace and Freedom delegation: Europe must take Syria's side and fight terrorism". syriatimes.sy. 6 June 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "REPORT ON LATEST APF VISIT TO SYRIA". apfeurope.com.
- "Hizbullah Official In Beirut Receives Visiting Far-Right 'Alliance For Freedom And Peace' Party Members From UK, Italy, Belgium, Germany, And Croatia – Who Express Support For Hizbullah's Fight Against Israel". MEMRI.
- "Alliance for Peace and Freedom". www.facebook.com.
- "GILETS JAUNES – NATION". nation.be.
- "France's Jean-Marie Le Pen joins European far-right alliance". www.thelocal.fr. 7 April 2018.
- "The Popular Hellenic Patriotic Union (LEPEN) is a member of the European Political Party , Alliance for Peace and Freedom (APF)". ΛΑ'Ι'ΚΗ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ ΠΑΤΡΙΩΤΙΚΗ ΕΝΩΣΗ. 5 July 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Our Board". apfeurope.com.