Ahmedabad East (Lok Sabha constituency)
Ahmedabad East Lok Sabha constituency (Gujarati: અમદાવાદ પૂર્વ લોકસભા મતવિસ્તાર) is one of the 26 Lok Sabha (lower house of Indian parliament) constituencies in Gujarat, a state in western India. This constituency was created as a part of the implementation of delimitation of parliamentary constituencies in 2008. It first held elections in 2009 and its first member of parliament (MP) was Harin Pathak of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). The second elections which were held in 2014, film actor Paresh Rawal of the BJP represented this constituency.As of last election which were held in 2019 Hamukh Patel of the BJP represents this constituency. 
|Current MP||Hasmukh Patel|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Assembly Constituencies||Dahegam, Gandhinagar Dakshin, Vatva, Nikol, Naroda, Thakkarbpa Nagar, and Bapunagar.|
|Assembly Segment No||Name of Assembly Seat||Reserved for|
Five of its seven Vidhan Sabha segments: Gandhinagar South, Vatva, Nikol, Thakkarbapa Nagar, and Bapunagar were also created in 2008 as a part of the implementation of delimitation of legislative assembly constituencies. Naroda and Dehgam were earlier in former Ahmedabad and Kapadvanj constituencies respectively.
Members of ParliamentEdit
- Elections until 2008, See : Ahmedabad_(Lok_Sabha_constituency)
- This seat came into existence from 2009 elections.
|2009||Harin Pathak||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|2014||Paresh Rawal||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|2019||Hasmukh Somabhai Patel||Bharatiya Janata Party|
General election 2019Edit
|BJP||Hasmukhbhai Somabhai Patel||7,49,834||67.17||+2.88|
|INC||Gitaben Kiranbhai Patel||3,15,504||28.26||-2.89|
|BSP||Ganeshbhai Narsinhbhai Vaghela||9,121||0.82||+0.21|
|NOTA||None of the Above||9,008||0.81||-0.65|
General election 2014Edit
|INC||Himmatsingh Prahladsingh Patel||3,06,949||31.15||-7.82|
|BSP||Rohit Rajubhai Virjibhai||6,023||0.61||-0.60|
|NOTA||None of the Above||14,358||1.46||N/A|
General election 2009Edit
|Independent||Brijeshkumar Ujagarlal Sharma||7,477||1.25||N/A|
|BSP||Virubhai N. Vanzara||7,254||1.21||N/A|
|Independent||Rajesh Hariram Maurya||4,601||0.77||N/A|
|Mahagujarat Janta Party||Pravin Rambhai Patel||4,580||0.77||N/A|
|Independent||Anilkumar Brijendrabhai Sharma||3,042||0.51||N/A|
|Independent||Buddhpriya Jasvant Somabhai||2,003||0.34||N/A|
|Independent||Bhavinbhai Amrutbhai Patel||1,345||0.23||N/A|
|Independent||Pareshbhai Rasiklal Thakkar||1,337||0.22||N/A|
|SP||Sanjitkumar Radhakrishnasinh Rajput||1,000||0.17||N/A|
|Indian Justice Party||Ranjeetsingh Ramsankarsingh Rajput||811||0.14||N/A|
|Bharatiya National Janta Dal||Sanjiv Indravadan Bhatt||712||0.12||N/A|
|Independent||Khodabhai Laljibhai Desai||694||0.12||N/A|
|RSPS||Hasrath Jayram Pagare||678||0.11||N/A|
|LSWP||N. T. Sengal||639||0.11||N/A|
|National Lokhind Party||Premhari Rameshchandra Sharma||579||0.10||N/A|
|Margin of victory||86,056||14.40||N/A|
|BJP win (new seat)|
- "Parliamentary Constituency wise Turnout for General Election – 2014". Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2 July 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. p. 147.
- "It's too early to judge 'Achche din': Paresh Rawal". Daily News and Analysis. Deepak Rathi. 28 August 2014. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "BJP, Cong face diamond woes in East". Daily News and Analysis. 14 April 2009. Retrieved 5 July 2009.
- "Constituency Wise Detailed Results" (PDF). Election Commission of India. p. 38. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 August 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2014.