The 2022 Copa Bicentenario was a planned tournament with the participation of the 19 teams of the Liga 1, and 14 teams of the Liga 2. The champions would have been entitled to qualify for the 2023 Copa Sudamericana, as well as the Supercopa Peruana against the Liga 1 champions. Sporting Cristal were the defending champions.
The competition was planned to be played starting from July 2022 along with the Clausura tournaments of Liga 1 and Liga 2, but was ultimately cancelled by the Peruvian Football Federation due to scheduling constraints. On 23 August 2022, the FPF officially confirmed the cancellation of the 2022 Copa Bicentenario amid the announcement of planned reforms in Peruvian football.
Stadia and locationsEdit
- ^ "Copa Bicentenario 2022: formato, cuándo inicia y los equipos de la Liga 1 y Liga 2 que participarán" [2022 Copa Bicentenario: format, when it will start and the Liga 1 and Liga 2 teams that will take part] (in Spanish). Infobae. 21 June 2022.
- ^ "Copa Bicentenario 2022: conoce cuándo arranca el torneo que reúne Liga 1 y Liga 2" [2022 Copa Bicentenario: get to know when will the tournament gathering both Liga 1 and Liga 2 start] (in Spanish). Líbero. 20 June 2022. Retrieved 17 August 2022.
- ^ "FPF no realizará la Copa Bicentenario ni el Alianza vs. Cristal por la Supercopa Peruana" [FPF will not hold the Copa Bicentenario nor the Alianza vs. Cristal for the Peruvian Super Cup] (in Spanish). Líbero. 8 August 2022. Retrieved 17 August 2022.
- ^ "¿Qué reformas para el fútbol peruano anunció Agustín Lozano?" [Which reforms for Peruvian football did Agustín Lozano announce?] (in Spanish). El Comercio. 23 August 2022.
- ^ Lades, Gunther. "Peru". website. fussballtempel.net. Archived from the original on 25 February 2008. Retrieved February 2, 2008.
- Official website (in Spanish)
- Torneo Descentralizado news at Peru.com (in Spanish)
- Torneo Descentralizado statistics and news at Dechalaca.com (in Spanish)