The 2015–16 season of the Belgian Second Division (also known as Proximus League for sponsorship reasons) began on 8 August 2015 and ended in April 2016.
|Relegated||WS Brussels, Dessel Sport, Seraing United, Virton, ASV Geel, Deinze, Patro Eisden Maasmechelen, Heist and Coxyde.|
|Goals scored||462 (2.89 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Mamadou Diallo (15 goals)|
|Biggest home win||Eupen 6–0 Patro Eisden (7 October 2015)|
|Biggest away win||Heist 1–6 Tubize (17 October 2015)|
|Highest scoring||Heist 1–6 Tubize (17 October 2015)|
Seraing 5–2 Heist (28 November 2015)
Eupen 3–4 Antwerp (16 December 2015)
Geel 4–3 Roeselare (19 December 2015)
This season was the last under the name Second Division. Starting from 2016-17 the league is known as First Division B as a result of reforms in the Belgian league system. The champions were promoted and 9 teams relegated to the third division named Amateur First Division or Amateur Superleague, while no team was promoted from the lower division. Promotion playoffs were not played and three-period rankings were not applied.
After promotion and relegation, only 11 teams of the previous season remained in the league, with 5 others being replaced. One team was not replaced, thus reducing the competition to 17 teams.
- STVV were promoted as champions of the previous season.
- Leuven were promoted after winning the promotion playoffs.
- Woluwe-Zaventem were relegated to the Third Division after finishing 18th and for not applying for a license.
- KRC Mechelen were relegated to the Third Division after finishing 17th and for not applying for a license.
- Eendracht Aalst were relegated after failing to obtain a license.
- Mons folded as a team.
- Cercle Brugge were relegated from the Belgian Pro League after finishing in last place.
- Lierse were relegated from the Belgian Pro League after finishing third in the playoffs.
- Coxyde were promoted as champions from Third Division A.
- Union SG were promoted as runner-up from Third Division B, after champions Cappellen did not apply for a license.
- Deinze were promoted after winning the third division playoffs.
|Club||City||First season of
current spell in
|Coming from||2014-15 result||Stadium||Capacity|
|Royal Antwerp F.C.||Antwerp||2004–05||Belgian Pro League||10th (D2)||Bosuilstadion||16,649|
|Cercle Brugge K.S.V.||Bruges||2015–16||Belgian Pro League||15th (D1)||Jan Breydel Stadium||29,945|
|K.V.V. Coxyde||Koksijde||2015–16||Belgian Third Division||1st (D3A)||Henri Housaegerstadion||2,500|
|K.M.S.K. Deinze||Deinze||2015–16||Belgian Third Division||2nd (D3B)||Burgemeester Van de Wiele Stadion||7,515|
|K.F.C. Dessel Sport||Dessel||2012–13||Belgian Third Division||15th (D2)||Lorzestraat||5,000|
|K.A.S. Eupen||Eupen||2011–12||Belgian Pro League||3rd (D2)||Kehrweg Stadion||8,000|
|AS Verbroedering Geel||Geel||2013–14||Belgian Third Division||13th (D2)||De Leunen||10,022|
|K.S.K. Heist||Heist-op-den-Berg||2010–11||Belgian Third Division||14th (D2)||Gemeentelijk Sportcentrum||3,000|
|Lierse S.K.||Lier||2015–16||Belgian Pro League||16th (D1)||Herman Vanderpoortenstadion||14,538|
|Lommel United||Lommel||2005–06||Belgian Third Division||2nd (D2)||Soevereinstadion||12,500|
|K. Patro Eisden Maasmechelen||Maasmechelen||2014–15||Belgian Third Division||16th (D2)||Patro-stadion||5,000|
|K.S.V. Roeselare||Roeselare||2010–11||Belgian Pro League||11th (D2)||Schiervelde Stadion||9,075|
|Seraing United||Seraing||2014–15||Belgian Provincial Leagues||5th (D2)||Stade Pairay||6,744|
|A.F.C. Tubize||Tubize||2009–10||Belgian Pro League||8th (D2)||Stade Leburton||9,000|
|R. White Star Bruxelles||Brussels||2011–12||Belgian Third Division||12th (D2)||Stade Fallon||2,500|
|R.E. Virton||Virton||2013–14||Belgian Third Division||6th (D2)||Stade Yvan Georges||4,000|
|R. Union Saint-Gilloise||Saint-Gilles, Brussels||2015–16||Belgian Third Division||2nd (D3B)||Stade Joseph Marien||6,000|
Personnel and kitsEdit
|Antwerp||David Gevaert||Kappa||ONE Antwerp|
|Deinze||Dennis Van Wijk||Nike||Declercq Stortbeton |
|Eupen||Tintín Márquez||Burrda||Aspire Academy|
|Lierse||Slaviša Stojanović||Jako||Wadi Degla|
|Lommel||Bart De Roover||Legea||Belien Auto |
|Roeselare||Franky Van Der Elst||Joma||Euro Shop|
|Saint-Gilloise||Marc Grosjean||Patrick||Culture et Formation|
|Seraing||Dražen Brnčić||Masita||Startpeople |
|Tubize||Colbert Marlot||Kappa||No sponsor|
|Virton||Frank Defays||Jako||Emond BMW|
|White Star||John Bico||Nike||No sponsor|
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Promotion or relegation|
|1||RWS Brussels (R, C)||32||19||6||7||53||28||+25||63||Relegation to the 2016–17 Belgian First Amateur Division[a]|
|2||Eupen (P)||32||18||8||6||69||34||+35||62||Promotion to the 2016–17 Belgian First Division A[a]|
|3||Antwerp||32||18||8||6||52||20||+32||62||Qualification to the 2016–17 Belgian First Division B|
|10||Dessel (R)||32||14||6||12||38||40||−2||48||Relegation to the 2016–17 Belgian First Amateur Division|
|13||ASV Geel (R)||32||6||13||13||40||56||−16||31|
|15||Patro Eisden Maasmechelen (R)||32||5||9||18||33||63||−30||24|
Rules for classification: 1) points; 2) goal difference; 3) number of goals scored.
(C) Champion; (P) Promoted; (R) Relegated
- WS Brussels was refused a Belgian professional football license and is thus not allowed to play in the 2016-17 Belgian First Division A or Division B and is instead relegated to the 2016–17 Belgian First Amateur Division. As a result, runner-up Eupen was promoted instead and ninth placed Roeselare avoided relegation. 
- Eupen 6–0 Patro Eisden Archived 2015-12-25 at the Wayback Machine (in Dutch) sporza.be
- Heist 1–6 Tubize Archived 2015-12-25 at the Wayback Machine (in Dutch) sporza.be
- Seraing 5–2 Heist Archived 2015-12-25 at the Wayback Machine (in Dutch) sporza.be
- Eupen 3–4 Antwerp Archived 2015-12-25 at the Wayback Machine (in Dutch) sporza.be
- Geel 4–3 Roeselare Archived 2015-12-24 at the Wayback Machine (in Dutch) sporza.be
- "La réforme du championnat approuvée: une grande lessive se prépare en D2 (INFOGRAPHIE)" (in French). dh.be. 15 June 2015. Retrieved 8 July 2015.