Events from the year 2002 in Pakistan.
|See also:||Other events of 2002|
List of years in Pakistan
- President: Pervez Musharraf
- Prime Minister: Zafarullah Khan Jamali (starting 21 November)
- Chief Justice:
- 1 January – an earthquake strikes northern Pakistan.
- 12 January – President Musharraf declares a war on extremism.
- 18 January – President Musharraf, in an interview with CNN, says he believes that Osama bin Laden is dead.
- India shuns Pakistan's offer of talks.
- 22 June – A wedding feast in Pakistan's tribal areas ends in tragedy after an error during the celebratory firing of a mortar shell; fourteen people are killed.
- 10 October - General elections were held to elect the National Assembly of Pakistan and the provincial assemblies.
- 21 November - A 6.3 Mw earthquake strikes northern Pakistan, leaving sixteen dead, forty injured, and more than 1,000 buildings damaged.
- 26 November - The Pakistan army has to use helicopters to evacuate thousands of people following the earthquake, as roads are blocked and the temperature is falling due to the onset of winter.
- 5 August - Bashir Niaz, film screenwriter
- One dies in earthquake
- Profile: General Pervez Musharraf, President of Pakistan - CNN
- "Pakistan's leader thinks bin Laden dead". Archived from the original on 2008-01-15. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- Pakistan wedding turns to carnage - BBC News
- USGS. "M6.3 - northwestern Kashmir". United States Geological Survey.
- Pakistan army flies out quake victims - BBC News