Events from the year 2005 in Pakistan.
|See also:||Other events of 2005|
List of years in Pakistan
- President: Pervez Musharraf
- Prime Minister: Shaukat Aziz
- Chief Justice: Nazim Hussain Siddiqui (until 29 June), Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry
- 1 May – Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi leaves Pakistan after two days of talks with President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz – the first by a Japanese PM for five years. At the conclusion of the trip a joint declaration between the two nations announces their commitment to cooperate.
- 5 October – Perpetrators of the racially motivated murder of Glasgow teenager Kriss Donald, extradited to the United Kingdom to face trial in a one-off agreement negotiated with Pakistan.
- 8 October – The 7.6 Mw Kashmir earthquake strikes with a maximum Mercalli intensity of VIII (Severe), leaving 86,000–87,351 people dead, 69,000–75,266 injured, and 2.8 million homeless.
- 10 October – The president of Pakistan appeals for international help following the earthquake, saying the country cannot deal with crisis on its own.
- 3 November – Pakistan announces that the official death toll from the quake is over 73,000.