The 1988 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament was held from 23 May until 5 June. It was the 92nd staging of the French Open, and the second Grand Slam tennis event of 1988.
|1988 French Open|
|Date||23 May - 5 June|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Location||Paris (XVIe), France|
|Venue||Stade Roland Garros|
|Andrés Gómez / Emilio Sánchez Vicario|
|Martina Navratilova / Pam Shriver|
|Lori McNeil / Jorge Lozano|
- It was Wilander's 6th career Grand Slam title, and his 3rd (and last) French Open title.
- This was the shortest women's singles Grand Slam final in the Open Era; Graf won the match in 32 minutes.
- It was Graf's 3rd career Grand Slam title, and her 2nd (consecutive) French Open title.
Total prize money for the event was FF20,963,950.
- Times, Robin Herman and Special To the New York. "TENNIS; Graf Shuts Out Zvereva to Gain French Open Title". Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- John Barrett, ed. (1989). World of Tennis 1989. London: Willow Books. p. 65. ISBN 978-0-00-218311-6.