Zee News(Redirected from Zee news)
Zee News is an Indian news channel launched in 6 July 1999 and is the flagship property of Zee Media Corporation Limited, company and a subsidiary of Essel Group.The channel is owned by Subhash Chandra, an independent member of the Rajya Sabha. 
|Launched||6 July 1999|
|Network||Broadcast television and online|
|Owned by||Zee Media Corporation Limited|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Sister channel(s)||Zee Business
Zee 24 Taas
Zee Punjab Haryana Himachal
Zee Madhya Pradesh Chhattisgarhi
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 311|
|Tata Sky||Channel 511|
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 408|
|Dish TV||Channel 651|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 307|
|Siti Cable||Channel 303|
|Cable TV Hong Kong||Channel 852|
|Channel 361 (Coming Soon)|
|Live Stream (International)||live Web stream at Zee News|
Jindal Group incidentEdit
The channel was tried for allegedly extorting Rs 100 crore from the Jindal Group and two senior journalists Sudheer Choudhary and Sameer Ahluwaliawere arrested. Naveen Jindal accused Zee News of trying to extort Rs 100 crore from him for not airing stories against his company in Coal Scam. Zee News refuted the charges and made counter charges of Jindal offering them Rs 25 crore to halt their investigations against Jindal Steel in the coal scam.
Allegations of fabricationsEdit
Zee News reported that some of the students from Democratic Students' Union (DSU) raised slogans such as "Bharat Ki Barbadi" ("Destruction of India") and "Pakistan Zindabad" ("long live Pakistan"). In a letter Vishwa Deepak, who later resigned from the channel after expressing reservations over its 'biased coverage' alleged that "Our biases made us hear Bhartiya Court Zindabad as Pakistan Zindabad." ("long live Indian courts" as "long live Pakistan."). After Delhi police report it was claimed that footage was genuine. Sudhir Chaudhary, Zee News Editor, said "Our channel only showed what was happening there, whatever we have shown is 100 per cent authentic."
- "Zee News takes punch line". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Jindal plays CD, claims Zee editors demanded Rs. 100 crore". The Hindu. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Two Zee editors arrested for 'Rs 100-crore extortion bid' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "Naveen Jindal vs Zee: Senior journalists arrested over alleged extortion". NDTV India. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Jindal Group and Zee television in extortion scandal". The Australian. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Naveen Jindal accuses Zee News of extortion, channel hits back - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-10-25. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "From 'Pakistan Zindabad' to 'Bharat ki barbaadi' - Slogans that were raised by 'anti-nationals' in JNU". Zee News. 14 February 2016.
- "Zee News producer quits: Video we shot had no Pakistan Zindabad slogan". The Indian Express. 22 February 2016.
- "We speak with the Zee News journalist who resigned over the channel's coverage of #JNURow". Newslaundry. 21 February 2016.