Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka!
Yehh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka! (transl. This magic is of the jinn!) is an Indian fantasy drama television series that aired from 14 October 2019 to 14 November 2020 on Star Plus and streams on Disney+ Hotstar. Produced by Gul Khan and Karishma Jain, it starred Vikram Singh Chauhan and Aditi Sharma.
|Yehh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka!|
|Developed by||Gul Khan|
|Written by||Mrinal Jha |
|Screenplay by||Shubham Sharma |
|Story by||Mrinal Jha|
|Directed by||Atif Khan|
|Creative director||Muskan Bajaj|
|Starring||Vikram Singh Chauhan|
|Theme music composer||Tapas Relia|
|Opening theme||Kahaani Humari Fasana Humara|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||218|
|Production locations||Film City, Mumbai|
|Animator||Flying Toads Entertainment Pvt. Ltd|
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||20-24 minutes|
|Production company||4 Lions Films|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||14 October 2019 –|
14 November 2020
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Per WP:TVPLOT, this section should not exceed 500 words per season. As of this note, the section is over 1200 and needs trimming. (November 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aman Junaid Khan and Roshni Ahmed are individuals who are poles apart but their lives are connected in the most extraordinary way; through fate and magic.
Aman is a Nawab, who is cursed by the Dark shadow of Djinn, while Roshni is a Tawaif with the heart of an angel. Parveen's life falls in danger due to the Jinn's magic and can be protected only if Aman marries an Ayaana; a woman with the heart of an angel. Salma pretends to be sick, forcing Roshni to marry Aman for money. Aman misunderstands Roshni to be a gold digger. He starts detesting her and gives her a cheque in exchange of marrying him. Aman and Roshni get married.
Roshni feels a connection with Aman but is hurt by his rude behaviour. Later she falls in love with Aman but he disliked her. Aman's brother, Kabir Junaid Khan makes his entry. He tries to kill Aman, but in order to save Aman, Roshni takes the arrows herself and dies. Aman realises his feelings for Roshni and is left heartbroken.
Kabir brings Roshni back to life but keeps her under his control, aiming to separate her from Aman. Kabir's hold on Roshni gets destroyed when Aman stabs her with a magical dagger. Parveen is revealed to be evil who wants to use her sons to become the queen of jinns. Parveen kills Kabir but fails in killing Aman. Aman unintentionally touches a powerfull sword and Becomes Jinnad ke Badshah, the new most powerful of dark world.
Aliya, Aman's ex-girlfriend, returns with a baby and tries to separate Aman and Roshni. The baby is revealed to be Kabir's and Aliya is revealed to be a Haiwana. Parveen tries to sacrifice the baby to regain her lost powers, but Aman saves the child. Roshni tries to expose Aliya, but fails. Aliya attacks Parveen resulting in Parveen going into coma. Aman, believing it is Roshni's fault, asks her to leave the house.
One year laterEdit
Roshi decides to open a bakery while Aman is worried about Parveen's decreased health conditions. Despite having several differences, Aman and Roshni come close once again and rejoin their relations. Roshni becomes pregnant with twins. Kabir returns with more powers and makes Aman and Roshni break the Laal Chand which annoys the Red Moon Princess, Laila. Kabir joins hands with Laila and helps her seek revenge against Aman and Roshni. Laila curses Roshni that she will die before the next full moon. Aman races against time and succeeds to save Roshni but temporarily. Later the red moon soldier attacks Roshni and she loses one of her unborn children and Aman dies. Roshni takes help of Rehan, Aman's cousin but fails and Kala Jinn takes Aman away.
Roshni is heartbroken, however decides to fight destiny and bring back Aman. This leads her to strike a deal with Kala Jinn to give her first born instead of Aman's life.
Roshni decides to hide this from Aman and the family till she didn't find a solution. Here Roshni's cousin Shayari makes her entry. While Rehan finds trouble being targeted by a Jinn Shikari unaware that it was his friend Natasha. He suspected Shayari who was later revealed to be another Jinn Shikari but not a danger for Rehan. Rehan wanted to find his brother and decided to engage with Natasha. But on an accident he engaged with Shayari who became furious after this but agreed to help them after Aman requested her.
To save her child Roshni decided to surrogate it to a girl with the help of Tabeezi. While Kala Jinn comes to the Mansion and threatens her to kill Aman if she breaks her promise. Roshni reassures Kala Jinn that she will not break the promise in order to save Aman. Aman finds out that Jinn had came to the mansion and decides to captivate Kala Jinn for the child's safety. Roshni helps Aman to do that but later lets Kala Jinn out of the captivity to keep her promise. Aman finds this out with the help of Bazigar and tricks Roshni to make her reveal the truth. After learning the truth, Aman was heartbroken but decided to trick Kala Jinn to save his child.
Here, Ayaana, the ancient warrior princess comes to help Roshni save her child. She helps them trick Kala Jinn by giving a fake child while Roshni safely delivers her baby. After learning this, Kala Jinn imprisoned Roshni and Armaan (Aman and Roshni's baby) in a cave. Aman was successful to save Roshni and Armaan but Kala Jinn found it out and came to the mansion to get the child. To save the child, Aman and Roshni begged for mercy from Kala Jinn who agreed to leave Armaan only if they can find his Real Name. Kala Jinn told them that they will get three clues to find his name.
After getting the three clues, Aman and Roshni try to find the name when Rehan and Shayari discovered that whoever takes Kala Jinn's name dies immediately. Kala Jinn comes to the mansion and asks them to tell his name. To save her child, Roshni bursts out his name shocking everyone, but she was saved by the spirit of her first child. Kala Jinn does not accept failure and challenges them to fight him. It is revealed that Armaan being the son of Jinnad Ke Badshah and Ayanna is destined to end Kaala Jinn.
Kaala Jinn was killed by Armaan using his powers. After which, Roshni and Aman face every challenge together to protect their son and their family.
Later, it is revealed, that Tabeezi(Rubina), Roshni aunt was an Ayaana earlier and wants her Angelic-heart back from Roshni. It is also revealed that Roshni is actually Tabeezi's brother Mansoor Ahmed Choudhary's daughter and is the original owner of Junaid Manzil along with Tabeezi.
Roshni was devastated to learn this and decided to give her heart to Tabeezi but made her make a promise that she wouldn't hurt her family before (Sunhare Surraj ki Rat) The night of golden sun. But Tabeezi continued trying to hurt her and her family. After knowing all this Roshni decided not to give her heart to Tabeezi and denied to keep her promise which made Tabeezi furious.
Soon, Roshni again becomes pregnant. Tabeezi tries to harm Roshni and the whole Khan family in order to get back her Angelic-heart back from Roshni however all goes in vain. On the night of Golden Sun she traps the whole Khan family in danger. Aman and Roshni lose their powers but are protected by Armaan's powers. Finally, with the help of the magical ring given by the soul of Roshni's mother to her they were able to defeat tabeezi and she is taken away by two other Ayaanas from Ayaana Kumbh.
While whole Khan family celebrate with joy that now all the problems from their life are gone and they can live happily. Rehan and Shayari also confess their love to each other. On the other hand, Aman asks Roshni that if the Angelic-heart is not with her or with Armaan then where it actually went, however, Roshni asks him not to think about it as now problems are over and they can lead a simple and happy life forever. But actually the Angelic-heart is revealed to be with Aman and Roshni's child who is inside her womb.
- Vikram Singh Chauhan as Aman Junaid Khan; Parveen and Junaid's son; Kabir, Sara and Saima's brother; Farah's half-brother; Roshni's husband; Armaan and Ayaan's father (2019–2020)
- Aditi Sharma as Roshni Ahmed/ Roshni Aman Junaid Khan: Salma's adoptive daughter; Aman's wife; Armaan and Ayaan's mother (2019–2020)
- Shehzada Dhami as Rehan Ahmed Khan; Nasreen's son; Farhan and Mahira's brother; Aman's maternal cousin; Shayari's love interest (2020)
- Shruti Sharma as Shayari Choudhary: Jinn Shikari; Roshni's cousin; Rehan's secretary; Rehan's love interest (2020)
- Smita Bansal as Parveen Junaid Khan; an ex-Sifrati Jinn, Nasreen's sister; Junaid's first wife; Kabir, Aman, Sara and Saima's mother (2019–2020)
- Sushant Singh as Junaid Khan: Anjum's son; Baby's brother; Parveen and Rubina's husband; Kabir, Aman, Sara, Saima and Farah's father (2019–2020)
- Garima Vikrant Singh as Salma Janesaar: A Tawaif; Roshni's adoptive mother (2019–2020)
- Jaswinder Gardner as Rubina "Tabeezi" Khan: Junaid's second wife; Farah's mother; Roshni and Shayari's Aunt. Aman, Sara and Saima's stepmother; Khan family's ex-helper; an ex-Ayaana (2019–2020)
- Arhaan Behll as Kabir Junaid Khan: Sifriti Jinn; later Zehraal; Parveen and Junaid's son; Aman, Sara and Saima's brother; Farah's half-brother; Aliya's husband and Aamir's father (2019–2020)
- Vaibhavi Kapoor as Sara Junaid Khan: Parveen and Junaid's daughter; Kabir, Aman and Saima's sister; Farah's half-sister (2019–2020)
- Gouri Agarwal as Saima Junaid Khan: Parveen and Junaid's daughter; Kabir, Aman, Sara's sister; Farah's half-sister, Aftab's wife (2019–2020)
- Saloni Daini as Farah Junaid Khan: Rubina and Junaid's daughter; Kabir, Aman, Sara and Saima's half-sister (2019–2020)
- Richa Bhattacharya as Anjum Khan: Baby and Junaid's mother; Kabir, Aman, Sara, Saima and Farah's grandmother (2019–2020)
- Seema Azmi as Baby Khan: Anjum's daughter; Junaid's sister; Farah, Kabir, Aman, Sara and Saima's aunt (2019–2020)
- Ayansh Mishra as Mr. Chotu: Soha's son;Khan family's adopted child(2019–2020)
- Ashita Dhawan as Nasreen Ahmed Khan: Sifrati Jinn; Rehan, Farhan and Mahira's mother; Parveen’s sister (2020)
- Prabhat Choudhary as Farhan Ahmed Khan; Nasreen's son, Mahira and Rehan's brother (2020)
- Solanki Sharma as Mahira Ahmed Khan: Nasreen's daughter; Rehan and Farhan's sister (2020)
- Himani Sahani as Natasha: Jinn Shikari; Rehan's friend (2020)
- Sanjana Singh as Adaa Rizvi: Aman's former fiance (2019)
- Aashish Kaul as Mr. Rizvi: Adaa's father (2019)
- Anushka Singh as Mrs. Rizvi: Adaa's mother (2019)
- Rupesh Kataria as Sameer: Roshni's former fiance (2019)
- Rajshri Rani as Huma: Sameer's wife (2019)
- Sreejita De as Aliya:Haiwana; Aman's ex-girlfriend; Kabir's wife; Aamir's mother (2020)
- Krishvi Bhanushali as Aamir Kabir Junaid Khan: Aliya and Kabir's son (2020)
- Saloni Chauhan as Raakh Jinn: Kabir's helper (2019)
- Surbhi Jyoti as Laila and Chandni: Red Moon Princess (2020)
- Zubeida Verma as ChunMun Dai : Spider Djinn (2020)
- Pranav Kumar as Jaadugar Jinn : A magician (2020)
- Nikhil Mehta as Chipkali Jinn : A lizard (2020)
- Shefali Mahida as Aman's Sword (2020)
- Shraddha Tiwari as Shola Jinn : A dragon (2020)
- Shaurya Shah as Young Aman Junaid Khan : Parveen and Junaid's son (2019; 2020)
Initially titled as Raaz Mahal, it was later changed to Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka.
Originally planned to be a weekend show, it was later aired as a weekday show.
Originally planned as a finite series, it was supposed to end in February, but a good response from the viewers caused the channel to give the series an extension. In September 2020, the series received further extension till December 2020. Its extension got cancelled as its producer Gul Khan decided to off-air the show in November 2020.
After the ratings dropped, post the shootings and broadcasting of television shows resumed in India during July 2020 after Covid-19 lockdown, exiting the top 20 Hindi GECs, the producer decided to off-air the show in November 2020 cancelling its extension. The shooting of the series was completed on 7 November 2020 and the last episode was aired on 14 November 2020.
In December 2019, Arhaan Behll joined the cast as Kabir Junaid Khan. In March 2020, Surbhi Jyoti was cast as the Red moon princess Laila/Chandni for few episodes cameo.In June 2020, Shruti Sharma and Shehzada Dhami were casted to play the role of Shayari Choudhary and Rehan Ahmed Khan respectively.
Post the shootings of television shows resumed after lockdown in late June 2020 several actors of the show such as - Smita Bansal, Arhaan Behll, Saloni Daini, Aamir Salim Khan and child actor Ayansh Mishra had to exit the show as limited crew and cast members were allowed on shootings as per government guidelines.
The production and airing of the show was halted indefinitely in late March 2020 due to the Covid-19 outbreak in India. Because of the outbreak, the filming of television series and films was halted on 19 March 2020 and expected to resume on 1 April 2020 but could not and the series was last broadcast on 27 March 2020 when the remaining episodes were aired. The filming of the series resumed after more than three months in early July and the broadcast resumed on 27 July 2020.
Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka aired on Asianet as Mohabath, dubbed in Malayalam. It is dubbed in Tamil and aired on Star Vijay as Athisaya Piraviyum Arputha Pennum. It is also dubbed in Kannada as Maayajala and aired on Star Suvarna. It is also dubbed in Telugu as Jin Mayajalam on Star Maa.
Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka was the ninth-watched urban television show in its debut week in India with 5161 urban impressions.  In Week 43, 2019 the show again took the ninth position with 5008 impressions.  In Week 44, 2019 the show jumped to the seventh position with 5503 impressions. The show climbed to the sixth position with 5709 impressions in Week 45, 2019.
In Week 51, 2019, the show saw a dip in the ratings, recording 7170 impressions but still being the third most-watched television show in India. In Week 52, 2019, the show reached the third position again with 6890 urban impressions. In Week 53, 2019, it fell to 6976 impressions but was the fourth most watched show.
After its success in India, Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka topped UK ratings for the first time in consolidated weekly data, according to numbers for week ending Sunday 1 December 2019. 127,400 viewers watched the show in UK.
|Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka|
Original Sound Track
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||29 November 2019|
Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka 's soundtrack is written by Divy Nidhi Sharma and composed by Sanjeev Srivastava. "Kahani Hamari Fasana Hamara", the theme song of the show is sung by Pamela Jain and Bhaven Dhanak.
|1.||"Kahani Hamari Fasana Hamara" (Male)||Bhaven Dhanak||5:03|
|2.||"Kahani Hamari Fasana Hamara" (Female)||Pamela Jain||5:03|
|3.||"Kahani Hamari Fasana Hamara" (Duet)||Bhaven Dhanak|
|4.||"Kahani Hamari Fasana Hamara" (Sad Version)||Bhaven Dhanak|
- "Kulfi Kumar Bajewala's time slot to change due to low TRPs; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka to replace the show". Times Of India.
- "Vikram Singh Chauhan to play the lead in Gul Khan's 'Yeh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Coming Soon on Star Plus". Retrieved 14 December 2019 – via YouTube.
- "Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka: Show launched at Pataudi Palace". Abp Live.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka becomes first-ever television show launched at Pataudi Palace". Box Office India. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Vikram Singh Chauhan to play the lead in Gul Khan's 'Raaz mahal'". Times of India.
- "Hotstar VIP announces the Digital Premiere of 'Yehh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka'". Adgully.com. Retrieved 11 January 2020.
- "Gul Khan's Raaz Mahal likely to go on-air in July on Star Plus". Eastern Eye. Retrieved 29 December 2019.
- "Saloni Daini aka Gangu Bai to make her comeback on the small screen; turns narrator for Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka'". Times Of India.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka: Vikram Chuahan And Aditi Sharma's Show Extended". Republic World.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka gets extension till December". ABP News.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka to go off air in November". The Times of India.
- "Vikram Singh Chauhan & Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka cast wrap the show, shares party pictures". Republic World.
- "Aditi Sharma on her small screen comeback, Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka, comparison with Hema Malini & more". Times Now News.
- "Raaz Mahal: NOT 'Ishqbaaaz' Actor Leenesh Mattoo But Vikram Singh Chauhan To Play LEAD In Gul Khan's Show?". Abp Live.
- "Arhaan Behll to be seen in a new show now". Abp Live. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "First look of Surbhi Jyoti as the moon princess in 'Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka'; in pics". Times Of India. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- "Television Industry in a Slump With the Lockdown". The Quint.
- "Coronavirus outbreak: Film and television shootings to stop till March 31". India Today.
- "COVID-19 impact: TV industry braces for loss as production stalled". Live Mint.
- "Entertainment industry welcomes Maharashtra govts move to resume filming projects". Outlook India.
- "Vikram Singh Chauhan is back to work". The Tribune.
- "Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka: Vikram Singh Chauhan and Aditi Sharma are excited for fresh episodes to air". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Malayalam Dubbed Version- Mohabath". Kearalatv.in.
- "Dubbed Tamil show 'Athisaya Piraviyum Arputha Pennum' to premiere next week". Times Of India. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "Dubbed show Yeh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka will premiere on television". The Times of India.
- "Siri Siri Muvvalu to go off-air soon; actress Marina Abraham shares a thanks note". The Times of India.
- "Latest TRP Ratings: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Returns To No 1 Spot; Indian Idol At 5th Place". FilmyBeat. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "TRP Report Week 43: Choti Sardarni becomes the No.1 show in the country; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka also fares well". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Latest TRP Ratings: Choti Sarrdaarni Slips To 2nd Spot; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Witnesses Jump". FilmyBeat. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Latest TRP Ratings: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah At 2nd Spot; Choti Sarrdaarni Witnesses Drop". FilmyBeat. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "TRP Report: Kundali Bhagya is still unbeatable at number one spot; Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka enters top 5". PINKVILLA. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Latest TRP Ratings: Bigg Boss 13 Out, Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum Enters; Choti Sarrdaarni At 2nd Spot". FilmyBeat. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- Baddhan, Raj (5 December 2019). "India Ratings: 'Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka' keeps Star Plus on top in Urban region". BizAsia. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka beats top TV shows Kundali Bhagya and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". Times Of India. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka makes it to the top of the TRP charts, dethrones Kundali Bhagya from the first place". Times Now News. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "TRP Report Week 49: Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka becomes the No.1 show; Bigg Boss 13 in top five". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "Bigg Boss 13 gets the 10th spot on the TRP list; Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka becomes the most watched show". Times Of India. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "TRP Report week 50: Yehh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka once again gets the top spot while Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai sees a downfall". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 22 December 2019.
- "TRP Report Week 51: Naagin 4 opens at the top spot; Yeh Jaadu Hai Jin Ka is on the second position". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- "Latest Hindi Serials 2020 BARC TRP Ratings: Naagin 4 witnesses a bumper opening". The Live Mirror. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- "BARC Report Week 53: Kundali Bhagya & Mahima Shanidev Ki Retain The Top Spot". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- Baddhan, Lakh. "UK Ratings: 'Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka' shoots to No.1 for first time". BizAsia. Retrieved 13 December 2019.