, a Litquake Barbary Coast Award laureate
The Litquake Edit-a-thon
Create editors, create community, create content!
San Francisco Meetup #22, the first ever Litquake Edit-a-Thon will occur in parallel with Litquake, the San Francisco Bay Area's annual literature festival. Writers from all over the Bay Area and the world will be in town during the nine day festival, so the timing is just right for us to meet, create and improve articles about literature and writers. This event will include new editor training. All levels of Wikipedia editing experience are welcome.
- Event details
- Date: Saturday, October 11, 2014
- Time: 1–5pm
- Location: Wikimedia Foundation offices (149 New Montgomery Street, 6th Floor San Francisco, CA 94105) – Google Maps view
- What is this event?: This Edit-a-Thon will focus on creating, expanding, translating, and improving articles related to literature and writers.
- What it isn't: This event is not officially sponsored by Litquake. Check out their schedule for official Litquake activities!
- Cost: Free, of course!
- Twitter: #editlitquake
- Facebook: 
- Computers: Participants should bring their own laptop and power cords.
- Participants: Anyone can edit Wikipedia, including you! No wiki editing experience is necessary, and support will be on hand to help you out. Can't be there the whole time? No worries; join us as long as you can.
- Username: Please register an account prior to the event if you do not have one yet. There are many benefits to having an account, such as selecting a personalized username and tracking your contributions.
- Questions?: Feel free to use the talk page to ask any questions about the event.
- RSVP: See below for registration.