Kingdom of Goryeo
|Died||1375 (aged about 34/5)|
Kingdom of Goryeo
|Spouse||a civilian woman|
|House||House of Wang|
|Father||Chunghye of Goryeo|
|Revised Romanization||Wang Seok-gi|
Under King Chungjeong's command, Seokgi went to Mandeok Temple (만덕사, 萬德寺) in Yuan Dynasty, but later get back to Gaegyeong by King Gongmin's command. Meanwhile, in 1356, Seokgi was imprisoned in "Sugunok" (순군옥, 巡軍獄) after tried to rebel and ascended the theone with the help from former general Im Jung-bo (임중보), Son Su-gyeong (손수경), Hong-Jun (홍준), governor Son-Yong (손용) and 6 others were executed. Seokgi was enshrined in Jeju Island and tried to be killed by drowning it in the sea during the convoy, but later was survived in a private manor.
In 1363, Jeon Nok-saeng (전녹생, reported that a man named Wang Seokgi was plotting a rebellion in Pyeongyang and immediately arrested, beheaded, and sent him to Gaegyeong. However, the person who Jeon killed was not Wang Seokgi, but he belonged to his person who accompanied him. King Gongmin hanged his head sent by Gim Yu (김유) to an author and beheaded those who falsely reported the pregnancy of Princess Euncheon. Their close associates were also executed.
After this, Seokgi fled and lived in hiding in a private house owned by Baek Eo-rin (백언린) in Anhyeop (안협, 安峽), married a civilian woman and later had a son. They lived quietly for a while, but in 1375, this fact was known into Yi In-im (이인임), Gyeong Bu-heung (경부흥), Choe Yeong (최영), Choe In-cheol (최인철) and other officials, those made Seokgi and his son were really executed and killed.
- "고려시대 史料 Database". Goryeosa (in Korean). Retrieved August 1, 2021.
- "비운의 고려왕자, 석기의 발자취가 남은 만덕사지". Naver Blog (in Korean). Retrieved August 1, 2021.
- "석기가 만덕사에 출가했다가 공민왕에게 소환되다". Goryeosa (in Korean). Retrieved September 12, 2021.
- "석기가 임중보의 반역 사건에 연루되어 제주로 유배되다가 도망치다". Goryeosa (in Korean). Retrieved September 12, 2021.
- 읽기 쉬운 고려왕 이야기 [An easy-to-read stories of the Goryeo King] (in Korean). Korean History Research Institute: Taeoreum. 2009. ISBN 9788996200888.
- "석기를 안협현에서 체포하여 진위를 확인하다". Goryeosa (in Korean). Retrieved September 12, 2021.