WTA Tour tournamentsEdit
The WTA Tour comprises:
- Grand Slam tournaments (4)
- Year-ending WTA Tour Championships (1)
- Premier tournaments (20):
- Premier Mandatory: Four combined tournaments with male professional players, with US$6.5 million in equal prize money for men and women (increased from $4.5 million in 2013). These tournaments are held in Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid, and Beijing.
- Premier Five: Five $2.8 million events in Doha/Dubai, Rome, Montreal/Toronto, Cincinnati, and Wuhan.
- Premier: 12 events with prize money from US$799,000 to US$2.5 million.
- International tournaments: There are 32 tournaments, with prize money for all except four events at US$250,000. The exceptions are the Shenzhen Open, Moscow River Cup, Hong Kong Tennis Open and the Tianjin Open, each with prize money of US$750,000; and the year-ending WTA Elite Trophy in Zhuhai which has prize money of US$2.3 million.
WTA publishes weekly rankings of professional players.
†Change since previous rankings
‡Change since previous week's rankings