WTA 125K series
Sometimes called the WTA Challenger series (in analogy of the men's ATP Challenger Series) it is the second highest level of women's competition, right below the top-tier WTA Tour, and just above the ITF Women's Circuit tournaments. Players who succeed in the WTA 125s earn sufficient ranking points to become eligible for the main draw or qualifying draw entry of WTA Tour tournaments. Titles and losses at a WTA 125K event are separately counted from a player's WTA Tour results and corresponding head-to-head statistics.
The tournaments offer total prize money of $125,000–$162,480. An exception was made in case of 2020 Advantage Cars Prague Open which had a prize money of $3,125,000 which was funded by 2020 US Open organizers to make up for the lack of a qualifying draw as many low ranked players, mainly from Europe were unable to travel to New York due to COVID-19 pandemic. Hospitality in these tournaments is included automatically.
- Updated as of 8 March 2020
- Argentina : Buenos Aires (2021–)
- China : Anning (2018–2019), Dalian (2015–2017), Nanchang (2014–2015), Nanjing (2013), Ningbo (2013–2014), Suzhou (2013–2014), Zhengzhou (2017–2018)
- Colombia : Cali (2013)
- Croatia : Bol (2016–2019, 2021–)
- Czech Republic : Prague (2020)
- France : Angers (2021–), Limoges (2014–2019, 2021–), Saint-Malo (2021–)
- Germany : Karlsruhe (2019, 2021–)
- India : Pune (2012), Mumbai (2017–2018)
- Mexico : Guadalajara (2019)
- Serbia : Belgrade (2021–)
- Sweden : Båstad (2019, 2021–)
- Taiwan : Taipei (2012–2019)
- Thailand : Hua Hin (2015, 2017)
- United States : Carlsbad (2015), Charleston (2021–), Chicago (2018, 2021–), Chicago 2 (2021–), Honolulu (2016–2017), Houston (2018–2019), Indian Wells (2018–2020), Midland (2021–), New Haven (2019), Newport Beach (2018–2020), San Antonio (2016)
- "Cadantu Among Cali's Winners". WTA. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- http://www.wtatennis.com/tournaments/tournamentId/3043/title/oec-taipei-wta-ladies-open OEC WTA Challenger
- "Taipei to host first WTA tennis challenger event". Archived from the original on 9 November 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2013.