WTA 125K series
The WTA 125K series or WTA 125s is an international series of professional women's tennis tournaments organized by the Women's Tennis Association starting in 2012. Sometimes called the WTA Challenger series (in analogy of the men's ATP Challenger Series) it is the second highest level of women's competition, right below the top-tier WTA Tour, and just above the ITF Women's Circuit tournaments. Players who succeed in the WTA 125s earn sufficient ranking points to become eligible for the main draw or qualifying draw entry of WTA Tour tournaments. Titles at a 125K event are not counted as a victory on the WTA Tour.
The tournaments offer total prize money of $125,000 – $162,480. Hospitality in these tournaments is included automatically.
- Updated as of 9 June 2019
- China : Anning (2018–), Dalian (2015–17), Nanchang (2014–15), Nanjing (2013), Ningbo (2013–14), Suzhou (2013–14), Zhengzhou (2017–18)
- Colombia : Cali (2013)
- Croatia : Bol (2016–)
- France : Limoges (2014–)
- Germany : Karlsruhe (2019–)
- India : Pune (2012), Mumbai (2017–)
- Mexico : Guadalajara (2019–)
- Sweden : Båstad (2019–)
- Taiwan : Taipei (2012–)
- Thailand : Hua Hin (2015 & 2017)
- United States : Carlsbad (2015), Chicago (2018–), Honolulu (2016–17), Houston (2018–), Indian Wells (2018–), Newport Beach (2018–), San Antonio (2016)
- "Cadantu Among Cali's Winners". WTA. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- http://www.wtatennis.com/tournaments/tournamentId/3043/title/oec-taipei-wta-ladies-open OEC WTA Challenger
- "Taipei to host first WTA tennis challenger event". Archived from the original on 9 November 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2013.