This user is in school.
This user may be away or inactive for varying periods of time, especially if they have exams.
Although they may occasionally be able to do some editing, talk page messages might not receive a timely response.
|EW0||This user has not experienced any edit wars and does not wish to be involved in any.||
|This user has a sense of humour and shows it on their userpage.||
|This user spends a lot of time editing on Wikipedia.||
|Lefcentreright likes to turn Wikipedia Green.||
|This user is not an administrator and doesn't wish to be one as RfA is an absolutely horrible experience.|
|This user trusts Wikipedia as a reliable source.|
|UAR||This editor believes that account creation should be required on Wikipedia.||
IP address |This user supports mandatory registration.|
vanity |This user supports the removal of vanity pages with extreme prejudice.||
|This user bites vandals. Hard.||
Allan D. Cruickshank wiki deletedEdit
What a shame to see that this page was deleted before I had the chance to change the wording. I really don't know what was copywrite infringement. He seemed like a really impressive person and I was surprised when I wrote the page that he didn't have one already. Now that it's been deleted, what do I do to get him the wiki that I believe he deserves? Is there an archive where I can see the deleted wiki so that I can reword it and start again? I appreciate your help! Fonduechocolatelove (talk) 05:26, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Fonduechocolatelove - one of Lefcentreright's talk page stalkers here - I didn't see the article, so I can't offer any specific advice on what about it was copyvio, but generally speaking not only can you not copy/paste from websites, you also can't just take the text and change a few words here and there - your writing needs to be entirely different. The log said it was copied from this site - I assume from the 'Award History' tab, which gives the subject a brief biography, so make sure your new text doesn't resemble anything there.
- You can't view deleted pages directly (only admins can do that), but you can approach the deleting administrator - RHaworth - and ask him whether he'd be willing to e-mail you a copy of the text for you to work on offline. Make sure you give him a link to the page, like this: Allan D. Cruickshank. Cheers GirthSummit (blether) 17:32, 22 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Girth Summit: Thanks so much for your reply and assistance! I really appreciate when other editors are so helpful! I'm going to try to redo the page and keep it very simple (and obviously avoid the language that may have been a problem). Thanks! Fonduechocolatelove (talk) 06:06, 25 August 2019 (UTC)
- No problem, Fonduechocolatelove. I'd suggest writing it up as a draft, I'd be happy to take a look before you publish it if you want a second pair of eyes. GirthSummit (blether) 09:21, 25 August 2019 (UTC)
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBotEdit
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information. For more information about the columns and categories, please consult the documentation and please get in touch on SuggestBot's talk page with any questions you might have.
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly; your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
If you have feedback on how to make SuggestBot better, please let us know on SuggestBot's talk page. -- SuggestBot (talk) 12:14, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
A quick word of thanksEdit
I just wanted to say thank you for your extremely kind response to my article about Mr Steinberg's Chérubin recording. I never imagined that anything that I wrote about a recording of a little-known French opera would elicit a Barnstar! Wow! It makes an hour of fiddling about with all those pesky French accents seem worthwhile after all. Thank you again, and all my very best wishes.Niggle1892 (talk) 16:35, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
DYK nomination of Good (political party)Edit
Hello! Your submission of Good (political party) at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! BlueMoonset (talk) 21:30, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
Create my pageEdit
I am Previn Vedan, the youngest elected Ward councillor in Ethekwini Municipality.
Think that you could create my Wikipedia?
0794609702 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:42, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
Note in accordance with Wikipedia:Signatures § Images, your signature should not contain an image. Your co-operation is appreciated! isaacl (talk) 03:49, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
- @Isaacl: Thank you for enlightening me about this policy. I shall change it soon. Lefcentreright (talk) 14:15, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
DYK nomination of Wynand BoshoffEdit
Hello! Your submission of Wynand Boshoff at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Jo-Jo Eumerus (talk, contributions) 09:54, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
Instead of reaching a magic 300 as it once did last year, the backlog approaching 6,000 is still far too high. An effort is also needed to ensure that older unsuitable older pages at the back of the queue do not get automatically indexed for Google.
A proposal is taking place here to confirm a nominated user as Coordinator of NPR.
- This month's refresher course
Why I Hate Speedy Deleters, a 2008 essay by long since retired Ballonman, is still as valid today. Those of us who patrol large numbers of new pages can be forgiven for making the occasional mistake while others can learn from their 'beginner' errors. Worth reading.
- Deletion tags
Do bear in mind that articles in the feed showing the trash can icon (you will need to have 'Nominated for deletion' enabled for this in your filters) may have been tagged by inexperienced or non NPR rights holders using Twinkle. They require your further verification.
- Paid editing
Please be sure to look for the tell-tale signs of undisclosed paid editing. Contact the creator if appropriate, and submit the issue to WP:COIN if necessary. WMF policy requires paid editors to connect to their adverts.
- Subject-specific notability guidelines' (SNG). Alternatives to deletion
- Reviewers are requested to familiarise themselves once more with notability guidelines for organisations and companies.
- Blank-and-Redirect is a solution anchored in policy. Please consider this alternative before PRODing or CSD. Note however, that users will often revert or usurp redirects to re-create deleted articles. Do regularly patrol the redirects in the feed.
- Not English
- A common issue: Pages not in English or poor, unattributed machine translations should not reside in main space even if they are stubs. Please ensure you are familiar with WP:NPPNE. Check in Google for the language and content, and if they do have potential, tag as required, then move to draft. Modify the text of the template as appropriate before sending it.
Regular reviewers will appreciate the most recent enhancements to the New Pages Feed and features in the Curation tool, and there are still more to come. Due to the wealth of information now displayed by ORES, reviewers are strongly encouraged to use the system now rather than Twinkle; it will also correctly populate the logs.
Stub sorting, by SD0001: A new script is available for adding/removing stub tags. See User:SD0001/StubSorter.js, It features a simple HotCat-style dynamic search field. Many of the reviewers who are using it are finding it an improvement upon other available tools.
Assessment: The script at User:Evad37/rater makes the addition of Wikiproject templates extremely easy. New page creators rarely do this. Reviewers are not obliged to make these edits but they only take a few seconds. They can use the Curation message system to let the creator know what they have done.
DannyS712 bot III is now patrolling certain categories of uncontroversial redirects. Curious? Check out its patrol log.
Go here to remove your name if you wish to opt-out of future mailings.
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:15, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
SpencerT•C 15:08, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
DYK for Wynand BoshoffEdit
valereee (talk) 00:02, 18 September 2019 (UTC)