|This is Juxlos's talk page, where you can send them messages and comments.|
Threads older than 30 days may be automatically archived by .
Wikipedia Asian Month 2020Edit
Hi WAM organizers and participants!
Hope you are all doing well! Now is the time to sign up for Wikipedia Asian Month 2020, which will take place in this November.
Here are the basic guidance and regulations for organizers. Please remember to:
- use Fountain tool (you can find the usage guidance easily on meta page), or else you and your participants’ will not be able to receive the prize from WAM team.
- Add your language projects and organizer list to the meta page before October 29th, 2020.
- Inform your community members WAM 2020 is coming soon!!!
- If you want WAM team to share your event information on Facebook / twitter, or you want to share your WAM experience/ achievements on our blog, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or PM us via facebook.
If you want to hold a thematic event that is related to WAM, a.k.a. WAM sub-contest. The process is the same as the language one.
Here are some updates from WAM team:
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year we hope all the Edit-a-thons are online not physical ones.
- The international postal systems are not stable enough at the moment, WAM team have decided to send all the qualified participants/ organizers extra digital postcards/ certifications. (You will still get the paper ones!)
- Our team has created a meta page so that everyone tracking the progress and the delivery status.
If you have any suggestions or thoughts, feel free to reach out the WAM team via emailing email@example.com or discuss on the meta talk page. If it’s urgent, please contact the leader directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hope you all have fun in Wikipedia Asian Month 2020
Sincerely yours,Wikipedia Asian Month International Team 2020.10
Rank of Tadjus SobirinEdit
Hi Juxlos, are you sure that Tadjus Sobirin retired with the rank of major general? I found a Kompas newspiece which reports the retirement of several military officers in 1993 and Tadjus was mentioned as a brigadier general. I'll sent the piece to you via Discord. --Regards, Jeromi Mikhael 07:50, 17 April 2021 (UTC)
The second round of the 2021 WikiCup has now finished; it was a high-scoring round and contestants needed 61 points to advance to Round 3. There were some impressive efforts in the round, with the top eight contestants all scoring more than 400 points. A large number of the points came from the 12 featured articles and the 110 good articles achieved in total by contestants, as well as the 216 good article reviews they performed; the GAN backlog drive and the stay-at-home imperative during the COVID-19 pandemic may have been partially responsible for these impressive figures.
Our top scorers in Round 2 were:
- The Rambling Man, with 2963 points from three featured articles, 20 featured article reviews, 37 good articles, 73 good article reviews, as well as 22 DYKs.
- Epicgenius, with 1718 points from one featured article, 29 good articles, 16 DYKs and plenty of bonus points.
- Bloom6132, with 990 points from 13 DYKs and 64 "In the news" items, mostly recent deaths.
- Hog Farm, with 834 points from two featured articles, five good articles, 14 featured article reviews and 15 good article reviews.
- Gog the Mild, with 524 points from two featured articles and four featured article reviews.
- Lee Vilenski, with 501 points from one featured article, three good articles, six featured article reviews and 25 good article reviews.
- Sammi Brie, with 485 points from four good articles, eight good article reviews and 27 DYKs, on US radio and television stations.
- Ktin, with 436 points from four good articles, seven DYKs and 11 "In the news" items.
Please remember that DYKs cannot be claimed until they have appeared on the main page. As we enter the third round, any content promoted after the end of Round 2 but before the start of Round 3 can be claimed now, and anything you forgot to claim in Round 2 cannot! Remember too, that you must claim your points within 14 days of "earning" them (except for at the end of each round, when you must claim them before the cut-off date/time). When doing GARs, please make sure that you check that all the GA criteria are fully met.
If you are concerned that your nomination—whether it is at good article nominations, a featured process, or anything else—will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews Needed (remember to remove your listing when no longer required). Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Judges: Sturmvogel 66 (talk) and Cwmhiraeth MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 10:27, 2 May 2021 (UTC)