|This page is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
so the press were reporting a different or wrong name? JarrahTree 11:40, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
- Regarding JAD? It’s a different organization. The Indonesian press reported JAD specifically, maybe some foreign reporters missed the differences.
- Jamaah Ansharul Tauhid: https://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/266619.htm
- very important to make sure that any redirects or see alsos are clear - anyone pick up on what sidney jones has said about it yet? JarrahTree 11:49, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
- if there is a different group with a similar name - redirects are important to make sure someone who has no knowledge can negotiate the nuances of naming of groups
- see also - or text in articles need to identify similar sounding named groups
- Sidney Jones is woman based in Jakarta who makes commentary re terrorism - often misquoted as a male/he - she is at http://www.understandingconflict.org/en.html. - I do not think we have an article about her yet JarrahTree 11:56, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
undo edit on Indonesian National Armed Forces
Hi, I noticed that you just undo my edit on Indonesian National Armed Forces. And on the summary, you mentioned that my edit is 'not fit for the main TNI article'.
Kindly please elaborate which part of my edit that is not fit? Regards. Ckfasdf (talk) 4:50 PM, 20 May 2018 (UTC)
Since we’re both Indonesian I’ll just speak Indonesian.
Jadi kan di artikel TNI itu, tidak ada tentang komando nomor 1 dan 2 - jadi untuk komando 3 jadi kurang sesuai. Mungkin bisa untuk di artikel masing-masing angkatan, tapi kan di artikel TNI tidak dituliskan setiap kali ada Kodam baru atau Komando baru dibentuk. Kalau mau, setidaknya yang sebelumnya diperjelas dulu. Juxlos (talk) 16:54, 20 May 2018 (UTC)
- Regarding the reorgnization things. actually, it was previously mentioned on the 'organization' section (mulai dari kalimat 'The 1985 reorganisation also made significant changes in the armed forces chain of command.....' dst). Since we have new command now, I only update the information and I also have updated this info on related article (army, navy, marine and so on).
Anyway, since you have undo your edit... no further issue then. Thx. Ckfasdf (talk) 5:06 PM, 20 May 2018 (UTC)
notability of place name stubs with no text or refs
hahaha - notable ? assumed - 10 years old stubs with no added information at all with tags about lack of references.
It makes the project look dead and unmiantained when you encounter enough stubs with no reliable sources or something similar - or worse - the district stubs with lists of names of villages and nothing else. It would be good to think the english wikipedia indonesia project could actually do with a cleanup.
Spelling and grammar and sense of the jakarta articles I have encountered today could do with days of checking and correcting - not more picture galleries, but actual text chekcing, spelling, grammar and basic wiki standards checked. Even assessment and project tags checked on talk pages. If there was enough interest to encourage a Jakarta task force from Indonesian editors with enough english skills - it would be very very good to have practice - adding bps details (or anything else beyond single source). But I straddle too many projects and subjects at the moment. But if there was a possibility to encourage improvements in the Jakarta articles it would be great. JarrahTree 15:13, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
Unencyclopediac rubbish like Sunlake Hotel, Jakarta gets tagged with some of its problems - no one touches it in three years, and yet someone thinks it is notable....
everything suggests a group of Jakarta based editors could have as a great project - the task of cleaning up the inggeris kecelakan and finding some really good practice in english JarrahTree 15:22, 23 May 2018 (UTC)