|This is AngusWOOF's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to AngusWOOF.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18|
This page is archived by ClueBot III.
World Federation of ADHDEdit
Dear AngusWOOF, thanks for your valuable feedback to my draft of the article for the World Federation of ADHD. I've checked your comments and updated the draft accordingly by adding more external and internal sources. I hope the re-submission finds your approval. Best, VaJaMe — Preceding unsigned comment added by VaJaMe (talk • contribs) 07:27, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
- VaJaMe, can you use references instead of embedded links? AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 23:46, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
AngusWOOF, thanks for the inspiration, I changed several embedded links into references and hope this is more satisfying now. Anything else I could improve? We use The Movement Disorder Society as our role model and I cannot see so many differences to our association. --VaJaMe (talk) 13:17, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- VaJaMe, it needs a lot more outside external references and it needs to not look like a copy of the website in its formatting of verbiage. It shouldn't have a mission statement like that. It can have a history section on how it was formed and has grown. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 02:25, 29 May 2020 (UTC)
Dear AngusWoof, would you be so kind and check if the amount of external sources is sufficient now? Moreover, I've edited the mission statement section. Your feedback is very valuable for me in order to understand the rules of Wikipedia better. Thanks in advance. --VaJaMe (talk) 08:31, 15 June 2020 (UTC)
Hello, thanks for reviewing.
I am not sure what do you mean by Still relatively WP:MILL business needs more extensive coverage. The company has been coverage by various sources and I do cite three major news sites (NBC, WSJ, and WWMT) as well as covered multiple times by the local Grand Rapids Business Journal. Inc. doesn't stablish notability but its worth mentioning. From my understanding these article pass WP:ORG.
The company is also covered in less known sources like Babiekins, Michigan Health, University & College Designers Association, Optometry Today, etc.
I look forward to more insight. Thanks again JRSQuest (talk) 18:58, 3 June 2020 (UTC)
- JRSQuest, NBC and WSJ look promising. I've consolidated the NBC source since they are using the same TV segment for both shows. If you want to note those on the AFC comments section, that would be helpful. I'd try to stay away from non-notable blog websites, but U&M Health might be okay. Optometry Today looks more like a press statement / interview. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 19:38, 3 June 2020 (UTC)
( Ncompass (talk) 10:25, 16 June 2020 (UTC) ) - Thank you for your initial advice - I will try and improve the article page for you... my cousin Rupert Hoogewerf is a very well respected UK 'business' person living and working on China, the Hurun Report is huge in China itself and is considered on a par if not better than the Forbes Rich List (which he used to work for), I believe there are some 200 people working for the Huran Report in Shanghai and the company has offices in numerous places around the world, India, Japan, UK etc. My facts are not that clear on it all... and I do not want to sound boastful or any article to sound 'advertorial', but the Huran Report does merit a page of its own. I believe they even have Radio and TV shows, it's not a small outfit and considering it is run principally, but not entirely by an Englishman is fairly unique in terms of China. Anyway, apologise if this is of no interest to you and I will try and work on this a bit more... if that is Ok with you. Many thanks so far and if there is someone better qualified to edit an article of this sort how would I go about finding the right person.
- Ncompass, since you are connected to Rupert, you need to declare COI. In order for Hurun Report to stand on its own, you need to provide WP:THREE external news articles that discuss the corporation in depth, beyond just the usual routine news cycle reports. No press releases, Q&A interviews or website. See WP:NCORP for further criteria that corporations and organizations need to meet. It also needs more details for it to stand on its own. Right now there's only a handful of sentences where it can easily be covered in Rupert's article. Compare with Dan Abrams who has a number of projects under his name including The Mary Sue, Law & Crime, Gossip Cop, and SportsGrid. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 16:53, 16 June 2020 (UTC)
Hi AngusWOOF, thank you, I did declare COI when I created the Hurun Report page last night... were you not able to see that? I see you have removed the text I wrote last night, I guess that is OK... but I also edited a few things on the 'Rupert_Hoogewerf' page, but you appear to have deleted them completely now, these were simply corrections to URL's I did not add anything new, the old links did not work, but you have deleted them now. Can you please put them back. the sort of thing I changed/updates was making the URL's https instead of http, that was all. All your other recommendation are taken on board, I realise I am not the perfect person to do this, but who is? Hurun is definitely a 'notable' organisation... I will update the page when I have something worthy to put there. Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ncompass (talk • contribs)
- Ncompass, per WP:ELMINOFFICIAL there should only be one extenal link for the report website. It doesn't need the variants that go to the different countries. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 18:36, 16 June 2020 (UTC)
- AngusWOOF understood... can I add the Hurun India website? https://www.hurunindia.net/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ncompass (talk • contribs)
- Ncompass, on Rupert's article, it should only have minimal external links as well. Official website for Rupert would be good there, and Hurun Report website since Hurun Report is still in draft status. I don't believe it needs Hurun India as you can access the India version from Hurun Report official website. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 18:55, 16 June 2020 (UTC)
- AngusWOOF, OK - as you see fit, thank you... I was taking the line of expanding the content on Rupert_Hoogewrf as per Dan Abrams article, for example, I think he has written seven books on the rise of capitalism in Chinese... it is worth noting that Hurun is a direct translation of Rupert Hoogewerf (or Hoogewerf, Rupert). Thank you...
- AngusWOOF - I have some draft text for the Hurun Report... with sources and citations - what is the best way to get this to you? I have noted that companies like Forbes have dedicated pages for their India/China Offices and so on, but Hurun which do a similar thing, have bigger profiles in China and India... the difficulty of publishing content on Wikipedia is tricky to get right... Can I send you some information directly to help with this? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ncompass (talk • contribs)
- Ncompass, I suggest you expand on the existing articles first, and then when it's obvious that it needs to be split off to its own page, then you can do a split request. Each new page has to be able to stand on its own for notability independent from the parent company. Note that a lot of the major websites like Google or Yahoo do not split by branch/country office. Magazines are different in that they have specific editions that have taken on their own identity. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 15:54, 17 June 2020 (UTC)
- AngusWOOF, - Yes OK - I will make some more significant changes to the Rupert Hoogewerf Page... Please guide me as you see fit...
- AngusWOOF, I have added a series of Citations as per recommendations, no information was garnered from personal correspondence, but rather taken from searches on the web. I should find one more I think... not quite sure where to look... their website seems out of date, I might remove the sentence. Once again thank you... this is all looking good if there is more you think i should be adding please let me know. To be honest, this is giving me confidence in editing on Wikipedia, I am a website developer that has never fully understood Wikipedia and how to contribute, so thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ncompass (talk • contribs)
secret hit musicEdit
Good afternoon, you rejected a submission I did about secret hit music that is an independent company with lots of valid links it self and is my understanding incorporated just couldn't find more details and super new into this and will like to know if the new links I add to it can make the cut — Preceding unsigned comment added by Christopherhayden (talk • contribs) 18:06, 18 June 2020 (UTC)
- Christopherhayden, I suggest you work on expanding the VIP records one instead as that has the same information as Secret Hit, and even has the same discographies. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 19:06, 18 June 2020 (UTC)
is my understanding those are no the same discography, I check those out and I don't find a match on those. also if where to expanding vip do you have samples of something like that? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Christopherhayden (talk • contribs) 20:36, 18 June 2020 (UTC)
Decide yourself first you say no enough sources sources were provided and now you talk about the artists? who are you music critic? the label it has enough credible sources including BMI something most of the smaller labels do no have what is your critics now the artists? the artists has nothing to do with the credibility and sources of the COMPANY — Preceding unsigned comment added by Christopherhayden (talk • contribs)
- Christopherhayden, sources from within company are primary sources. YouTube links are from the artist. You need more external ones. Also the artists listed don't have Wikipedia pages, so how is it the company is notable and its artists are not? Also, the article should be reviewed by another AFC reviewer and not just pushed forth by the originator. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 19:11, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
- Christopherhayden, I don't see it having much separation from its founder or its parent company. So I think it should be developed there first and then it can split by size afterwards. So I suggest merging it to Fabrizio Moreira or VIP Music Records. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 19:27, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
AngusWOOF agree on the review but wait help me to understand did you reviewed the sources? you have billboard, Broadcast Music, Inc. AllMusic, Billboard Argentina, Magazines and stores with credits so sources are legit and have merits mostly all sources are big so sources can't be an issue, I am trying to argument this because I do believe this is has relevance, also in regards of the artists well the main focus if you really do what is a review will find is to songwriter and produce, and the relevance of the company is that. it became the first company in do a Latin Songwriter camp with BMI "Broadcast Music, Inc. is one of the five major United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP, SESAC, Pro Music Rights and GMR." and the source is NO BETWEEN THE COMPANY the sources are from the largest music companies in the industry, also the company is just 2 years old I guess (the registration it say otherwise but in the articles its say is since 2018) but public records it says is a nearly 6 months company, so I think you just judging the article for what you feelings are and no by what it counts relevance the relevance of the articles are big time
and last question how do you merge them worst case scenario I don't know what you means by that
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:1292simon has "Rejected" my last submitted draft meaning I cannot do anything. I have edited the page to be as subjective and without any personal slant. I really feel the criteria being used for this draft is way more draconian than the large majority of Wikipedia pages out there.
As the above user does not seem to want to help further I am asking you as a previous reviewer to reconsider this page and/or advise how I can get it resubmitted?
- @Drmies: Ouch. The entire draft was User:R5E7D9I4C1A0Y3U4S2T7I8M's doing. He/she created Miho Watanabe (idol) but the subject didn't fulfull WP:BAND, so I redirected it back to Hinatazaka46. Since the user was insistient, I copy-pasted the pre-redirected page into the draftspace for them (see User talk:R5E7D9I4C1A0Y3U4S2T7I8M). I know better than to list blood types. ◢ Ganbaruby! (Say hi!) 02:08, 21 June 2020 (UTC)
- Aha--that was not clear to me at all. I was wondering about their other version, underneath the redirect. Well, I'm glad you cleared that up--thanks. That user might not be around for much longer, depending on what happens at that SPI. Thanks! Drmies (talk) 02:09, 21 June 2020 (UTC)
- BTW, both of you might be interested in Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/Syun respect for music. Drmies (talk) 04:16, 21 June 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks Drmies, then it can be deleted by G5. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 04:23, 21 June 2020 (UTC)
- That will have to wait on whether it is determined that they are indeed a sock of Syun, but yeah. Thanks, Drmies (talk) 04:26, 21 June 2020 (UTC)
- @Drmies and AngusWOOF: I guess we are friends now? Anyways, I'll go through R5's edits later and see if there's anything I can salvage out of it. ◢ Ganbaruby! (Say hi!) 14:58, 21 June 2020 (UTC)
- That will have to wait on whether it is determined that they are indeed a sock of Syun, but yeah. Thanks, Drmies (talk) 04:26, 21 June 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks Drmies, then it can be deleted by G5. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 04:23, 21 June 2020 (UTC)
Please,Can you a help a communityEdit
I want bring your notice here, every club has a fan group now a days, but that does not matter that it passes wikipedia guidelines most importantly WP:SIGCOV and WP:GROUP. Without fulfilling these guidelines we cannot . The article Manjappada, fan group of Kerala Blasters FC was first created in 2016 and deleted per discussion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Manjappada, failing SIGCOV. Again it was recreated in 2018 and redirect per discussion at 1, failing SIGCOV along with failing per G4 and G7 of WP:CSD. And recently it was recreated again in May 2020 and deleted
However, if we consider the first ,deletion of Manjappada was basically for not having significant coverage. And the latest article created was atleast four times the size of the 2016-2018 article. Its well structured than before and has coverage in TOI, The News Minute, FirstPost, AsianNet News, Sportskeeda, Goal.com, New Indian Express. I am bringing this to your attention that we are one of the largest fan group in INDIA and had won best fan club award 2 times..This new article was approved and got redirected to kerala blasters page after 3 weeks.Me and my friend took 3 months for the creation of this page..So all our community is in a state that we cannot create our wikipedia page for ever...Please help us in this issue ...please reply to me.. Shahoodu (talk) 03:51, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
- Shahoodu, it was redirected per the AFD back in 2018 per Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Manjappada (2nd nomination). Nothing has changed in separate notability since then, and it's been fully protected by admins. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 05:03, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
- Shahoodu, I suggest you work on the Kerala Blasters FC main article and develop the Manjappada section. I bolded the term Manjappada. All these duplicate drafts are going nowhere and there's little chance of it being its own spinoff article, especially since it's been fully protected from creation by admins. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 05:10, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
But the reason one of the admins saying is that this page was already created previously..But as you know this was not like the previous page.So does that mean we cannot create a wikipedia page forever?? I am bringing this to your attention that this new article was approved and got redirected to kerala blasters wikipedia page after 3 weeks of approval.Me and my friend took 3 months for the creation of this page..So we are is in a state that we cannot create our wikipedia page for ever. Manjappada Kerala Blasters Fans was an approved article as it had more contents to be approved as an article..But it has been redirected into Kerala Blasters FC page Can you atleast review it,please?? Shahoodu (talk) 05:40, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Manjappada_Kerala_Blasters_Fans&action=edit Please follow this link for further information Shahoodu (talk) 05:41, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
- Shahoodu, you will need to convince an admin that creating such a page is going to work. I won't support the other recent creations because they don't show notability independent from the main page as per the AFC rejections. As I have said, your efforts would be better served improving the fans section on the main article. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 17:32, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
- Shahoodu, look at TVXQ#Fan_club. They have hundreds of thousands of fans in their fan club, but it is still in the context of TVXQ. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 17:34, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
Hi, I just wanted to notify you of the AfD nomination of an article you were working on: Maya Lynne Robinson
Draft:Triple The MogulEdit
Hi it seems your concern was that the page is music themed so maybe we should move the draft to buisnessmen, becuase the bulk of reliable sources are around the boxing league. Here are a few links from The Blast, Jerusalem Post and The Source magazine, all of which i beleive properly reach the criteria for WP:BASIC. https://theblast.com/c/sean-kingston-professional-boxing-league-rappers-ufc https://www.jpost.com/special-content/jewish-rapper-triple-the-mogul-teams-up-with-sean-kingston-to-start-pro-boxing-league-for-rappers-632748 https://thesource.com/2020/06/22/sean-kingston-boxing/
Thank you for reviewing my article. unfortunately TVGuide does not have all the previous season information. Also no where i could find the broadcasting information as you requested. Kindly advice how can i proceed? --KoolKrazy (Talk To Me!) 20:16, 25 June 2020 (UTC)
- KoolKrazy, several things that need to be done. First, beef up the reception and broadcasting sections that will have the external news sources. If there are enough of those then it can be considered for AFC review again. Second, move the episodes to a separate list, remove the onlyinclude and separate seasons, remove the short summaries that are copy-pasted from the official website. See what I did with episodes 397 and 398. Third, please confirm the original broadcast dates as their official website has different dates than what was on the guide. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 21:44, 25 June 2020 (UTC)
Nomination of Tumpa Paul for deletionEdit
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Tumpa Paul until a consensus is reached, and anyone, including you, is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. scope_creepTalk 22:40, 25 June 2020 (UTC)
Draft:Dear Boy (band)Edit
I have been working on this draft for some time. I am not trying to be difficult, but am seeking to understand what more information I need to provide to have this page published.
I was directed to ensure there was a "credible source" included that is a well-known publication -- and as such added the link to the Rolling Stone Mexico article which references the band's success at the large international music festival, Corona Capital. Other references include awards from U.S. major radio station KROQ, Best of Indie award from BMI music, and features from Live Nation.
Your note is the first time I've heard that a band must have charting on Billboard to qualify as notable. I believe this band qualifies for Wikipedia:Notability (music) based on the following criteria:
- 1 Subject of published works from independent source -- Rolling Stone Mexico
- 7 Prominent representative of a notable style in local scene -- Los Angeles KROQ has featured them repeatedly as top Alternative Local band. They headlined a festival KROQ sponsored and also were featured on a compilation album of local L.A. alternative music. They have also been featured on Mornings Become Eclectic (syndicated public radio show) and ALT 105.3 FM in San Francisco.
- Contrary.Carrie, what is that local style in LA? It would have to be something like Jay Munly and his "Denver sound" or "gothic country" AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 15:43, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
Alternative Rock, for which KROQ-FM in L.A. is seen as one of the pioneers. KROQ also featured Dear Boy as the top band on their release of an album they released in 2019 featuring the best alternative bands in L.A., as seen [here|https://kroq.radio.com/blogs/kroq-locals-only-kat-corbett/kroq-locals-only-vinyl-volume-1-details]. They have also been featured on Mornings Become Eclectic a well-known Alternative Rock show on KCRW also in L.A.
In addition to this criteria for notability, they have also been featured in published works by Rolling Stone in Mexico.
Contrary.Carrie, can you find more external sources outside of the LA area? Rolling Stone Mexico looks okay. Need more like that. The Daily Tar Heel is a student publication, so can't be used. They open for some famous acts; maybe there are some detailed concert reviews on them instead of press release / festival announcements? I saw one from Fender but that's because they were the sponsor. Same with album and single reception. Pitchfork, VENTS, NME, Billboard? AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 21:36, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
You are invited to join the discussion at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Anime and manga#Revisiting the category schemes. Lord Sjones23 (talk - contributions) 09:17, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
I see you rejected my page. One of thereasons being the the page should be in english but we want to publish it only in frnech. how can it be posted in ther french wiki ? — Preceding unsigned comment added by IIAFR (talk • contribs)
my draft keeps on getting rejected. I added references and so on. As requested. Also the person I'm writing about has a german wiki entry. So I do not really understand why this on (the English version) is not meeting the requirements.
See here the German wiki: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_J._Padgett
Thanks for your help!
- Wi en.Pa, the main concern was that it looked like an academic / artist profile you'd see on her official website or museum program, with the tone being like a hagiography and structure like a CV / resume. Was this a translation of the German article? The sources look like they are coming from the museums / official websites as well. Do you have more external news articles that review her career and works? AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 15:19, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
I very much appreciate your feedback.
Your advice is helpful and I am currently working on gathering adequate references.
Following my upcoming edits, if the article still does not meet wiki standards, please offer additional support so we can achieve progress.
Thank you for your contributions.
WelcomeLifeAllFriends (talk) 04:06, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
Draft: List of Bollywood Movies Released on Digital PlatformEdit
Anuxps (talk) 00:34, 2 July 2020 (UTC) This page is created for a complete list of movies release on digital platform. As you comment keep this information under list of Bollywood movies 2020 but this page is not specific only for 2020. It will be used for lifetime releases on digital platform
- Anuxps, the scope of the article is rather vague. Are you trying to make the equivalent of List of Hotstar original programming? There aren't any Wikipedia articles that are categorized as Bollywood or whatever genre and then "released digitally". AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 00:52, 2 July 2020 (UTC)
Anuxps (talk) 17:43, 2 July 2020 (UTC) Yes I am trying to make a consolidate list of Bollywood movies which are release on different digital platform. There are various digital platform who are releasing the movies on their platform and end user is not aware about on which platform movie would be available, when it would be available. My list will provide a consolidated information. The list you have mentioned is specifically made for one of the digital platform hoststar but there are so many other platform available and no consolidated list is here.
- Anuxps, you need to discuss on WP:FILM whether this should be a topic. There isn't even a master list for digital platform releases in general like by home media format (Videodisc, VideoCD, VHS, DVD, Blu-ray). There are ones by particular digital platforms like Hotstar, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, but even within there they are not subdivided by genre as a separate article. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 20:05, 2 July 2020 (UTC)
- Anuxps the main talk page at WT:FILM would be fine. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 21:41, 2 July 2020 (UTC)
Anuxps (talk) 21:44, 2 July 2020 (UTC) Thanks for providing information. Answer to your question as you mentioned that a particular digital platform is also not having such an article mentioned about the list I am going to prepare is correct and due to the same reason I am asking to make a list of these. If you go and see in detail for each one of these digital platform lists, you can find but they have included for all region, all language movies and programs combined, and not having Bollywood specific list across all platforms. I hope I am able to explain to you the need for this contribution.