This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He is a native of Kondubotla Palem of Bapatla Mandal in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. He holds a doctorate in agriculture and was educated at Andhra Pradesh Agriculture University and Banaras Hindu University.
- 1985-89 - Member, Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 1986 - Member, Select Committee to Amend the Andhra Pradesh Co-operatives Act
- 1987-89 - Member, Estimates Committee Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 1989-91 - Secretary, Telugu Desam Party (T.D.P.), Andhra Pradesh
- 1991 - Elected to 10th Lok Sabha ( Tenali seat )
- 1991-94 - Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Agriculture
- 1991-95 -Vice-President, T.D.P., Andhra Pradesh
- 1993-94 - Member, Committee on Papers Laid on the Table
- 1993-96 - Member, Committee on Human Resource Development
- 1994-96 - Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Communications
- 1995-96 - Member, Committee on Government Assurances
- 1996 - Re-elected to 11th Lok Sabha (2nd term) ( Bapatla seat )
- Member, Politburo, T.D.P.
- President, T.D.P. (Publicity wing)
- July 1996-98 - Union Minister of State, Agriculture
- Union Minister of State, Urban Affairs, Employment and Parliamentary Affairs (Independent Charge)
- 1999 - Re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (3rd term) ( Tenali seat )
- 1999-2000 - Member, Committee on Energy
- Member, Joint Committee on the Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers'
- Rights Bill, 1999
- Member, General Purposes Committee
- 1999-2000 - Chairman, Committee on Estimates 2000-2001
- "The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Vijayawada News : The going may be tough for TDP candidate". www.thehindu.com.
- "Archive News". The Hindu.
- "TDP to agitate on urea price hike". 20 February 2010 – via www.thehindu.com.