(Redirected from UTC±0)
UTC±00:00 is the following time:
- Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), the basis for the world's civil time.
- Western European Time (United Kingdom, Ireland and Portugal).
|UTC offset time zone|
|Current time||07:43, 14 October 2019 UTC±00:00|
|• Central||0 degrees|
|• Western border (nautical)||7.5 degrees W|
|• Eastern border (nautical)||7.5 degrees E|
|Date-time group (DTG)||Z|
Western European Time (Northern Hemisphere winter only)Edit
- Portugal (Including Madeira and excluding Azores islands)
- United Kingdom (GMT / BST) (Including Guernsey, Isle of Man and Jersey)
- The westernmost point where UTC with DST is applied is El Hierro, Canary Islands, Spain (18°00' W). Time used there is 2 hours and 12 minutes ahead of physical time in the summer, making for the greatest discrepancy in the UTC time zone.
- The easternmost settlement where UTC with DST is applied is Lowestoft in Suffolk, East Anglia, UK (at just 1°45' E).
- Note that Ireland uses the term "standard time" in reference to the summer months and "winter time" during what the rest of the time zone calls "standard time". This is the reverse of the practice of most countries in the EU, but provides the same end results.
As daylight saving time (Northern Hemisphere summer only)Edit
As standard time (all year round)Edit
- Burkina Faso
- Côte d'Ivoire
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Sierra Leone
- United Kingdom