Piyaa Albela (transl. Beloved Gallant) is an Indian soap opera that is produced by Rajshri Productions and broadcast on Zee TV The show focuses on a modern retelling of the love story of Menaka and Vishwamitra. All song lyrics penned by Raghvendra Singh .
|Created by||Sooraj Barjatya|
|Developed by||Sooraj Barjatya Devaansh Barjatya|
|Written by||Rahul Modi|
|Screenplay by||Ritu Goel|
|Story by||Abhijit Sinha, Tanya Sinha|
|Directed by||Ashish Shrivastav|
|Creative director(s)||Raghvendra Singh Surabhi Horo|
|Theme music composer||Tyson Paul|
Nishant - Raja
|Opening theme||Mora Piyaa... Albela (My lover is Unique.)|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||383|
|Executive producer(s)||Vishesh Suri|
|Editor(s)||Shashank Harendra Singh|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Rajshri Productions|
|Distributor||Zee Entertainment Enterprises|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Original release||6 March 2017 –|
24 August 2018
|Preceded by||Jamai Raja|
The show stars Akshay Mhatre and Sheen Dass in lead roles, who made their Indian television debuts with this show. Producer Sooraj Barjatya has worked for about eight years on this show. The show began airing from March 6, 2017 replacing Jamai Raja and went off air on 24 August 2018.
The show revolves around Naren Vyas (Akshay Mhatre) and Pooja Goel (Sheen Dass).
Naren is on the path of spirituality, living as a recluse and cut off from worldly activities. Lost in his own world of meditation, he is a concern for his mother Supriya Vyas and father Harish Vyas who belong to the affluent Vyas family. Pooja on the other hand, is warm, confident and a complete people's person who can take care of herself and is deeply rooted in family values.
Naren's parents want Pooja to be Naren's caretaker. They ask Pooja to bring Naren back to the mortal,selfish world. Initially thinking Naren to be another rich boy, Pooja finally starts appreciating his genuine selfless nature. Naren and Pooja become best friends and Pooja falls in love with him after he saves her from being raped by his cousin, Rahul. Naren's wedding is fixed with Surbhi Singhania, the daughter of Harish's friend Yash Singhania while Pooja agrees to marry Dr. Anand. Naren's cousin, Mayank falls in love with Pooja. His love for Pooja turns into an obsession and he kills Anand on Pooja's wedding day. To save Pooja from humiliation, Naren steps in and marries her while Surbhi ends up marrying Rahul.
Soon, Naren realizes that he also loves Pooja. Pooja finds out that her horoscope has some problems and feign insulting Naren and his family so they can separate. Supriya meets with an accident trying to stop Pooja and becomes mentally unstable.
Pooja returns to Naren's life as Mrs. Kapoor. Naren, who was a simple and sober man, has become a ruthless womanizer. Pooja's friend, Ashish Kapoor, tries to solve Pooja and Naren's misunderstanding but Rahul misleads Ashish into believing that Pooja has fallen in love with him. Ashish joins hands with Rahul and Surbhi. Naren falls in their trap and proposes marriage to Surbhi. Pooja records Ashish's confession and stops Surbhi and Naren's wedding. A guilt-stricken Naren apologises to Pooja but Ashish comes between and tries to kill Naren. Pooja shoots Ashish and Naren takes the blame. However, Kapoor reaches the court on time and saves Pooja.
Pooja and Naren's wedding preparations begin but Pooja meets with an accident while praying for Supriya's recovery. Supriya recovers and is able to stop Mayank's father Rakesh from attacking Pooja. After her accident, Pooja starts behaving like a child. Her uncle, Satish Gupta takes Pooja with him to their hometown Dehradun. To stop her from being sent to a mental asylum, Naren marries her and starts taking care of her.
It is revealed that Pooja has been feigning her illness to save Naren's grandfather from Kapoor who has been threatening to expose that Naren is not the biological son of Supriya and Harish. Kapoor kidnaps Pooja who finally kills him to protect Kashinath. Planning on ending her act, Pooja's half sister Naina Goel reveals Pooja's secret to Naren instead causing him to become furious with Pooja. Naina sets her eyes on Naren wanting to take revenge on Pooja who she thinks was always preferred by their father.
Naren's health deteriorates as a result of his excessive drinking. Pooja finds out Naren's real mother, Chandrika who is a prostitute. To hide this truth from the Vyas family, Satish and Pooja lie that Pooja is Chandrika's illegitimate daughter while Naina is Satish's legitimate niece. The Vyas family, except for Kashinath, start hating Pooja. Chandrika is allowed to stay with the family in the Vyas Mansion but is blamed for an attack on Supriya. The misunderstanding leads to Pooja and Chandrika leaving the house.
Six months laterEdit
Mayank is dead. Pooja lives in Krishnapuri, a red-light area with Chandrika. Naren is standing for elections and visits Pooja everyday at Krishnapuri. Everyone thinks that Naren does this because he loves Pooja but only Chandrika, the Vyas family and Naren's assistant Danish know that Naren in fact hates Pooja. Pooja continues to fulfil her duty of a wife.
Naren hires a shooter to kill Pooja. On a trip to Dehradun, Naren realises Pooja's trust in him and calls the sharpshooter to call off the attack. Naren and Pooja consummate their marriage. At Naren's election rally, Pooja is shot at and Naren discovers that a woman called the sharpshooter to carry put the attack. He realises Pooja was aware of his initial plan and apologises but Pooja loses all trust in him. However, they team up to expose Naina as the culprit behind causing Supriya's attack and resulting paralysis, framing Chandrika for the attack, killing Mayank, abducting a heavily pregnant Surbhi and planning to kill Rahul and marry Naren.
Kashinath reveals that Naren is Chandrika's son. A heart-broken Naren leaves the Vyas Mansion. At an ashram, Naren and Pooja renew their marital vows. They meet Bela and Praveen, another newly-wed couple. Bela is an introvert while Praveen is an extrovert who often acts silly. Instigated by Rahul, Harish decides to kill Naren but Harsha, Naren's aunt, warns Pooja and Naren. Naren and Praveen meet with an accident and Praveen dies while Naren, needing a heart-transplant, receives Praveen's heart. A strange change appears in Naren's behaviour as he starts behaving like Praveen. It is revealed that Bela is planning to take revenge from Praveen's parents as they insulted her parents for drowny results in Bela's mother's death and her father's blindness. Under Bela's spell, Naren abducts Praveen's parents and Bela kills them but spares Naren for saving her father. Bela, then, surrenders to the police.
Naren's adoptive sister Meghna (Sangeita Chauhan) is blind and is about to marry Kunal Goenka, the man she loves. On their wedding day, Meghna is raped and suspicion falls on Naren as he was absent from the venue. Pooja saves Naren from the accusations. The next suspicion falls on Pooja's cousin Anuj Gupta, Danish, Rahul and Kunal. The real culprit tries to kill Surbhi and Pooja as they discover his real identity. Surbhi loses her child. It is revealed that Rahul's father, Hardik Vyas is the real culprit. Hardik is arrested and Meghna and Kunal are married.
Angraj (Sahil Uppal), Harish and Supriya's biological son, enters the Vyas Mansion. Angraj sets his eyes on Pooja, who he used to eve-tease and harass before her marriage, and starts plotting to kill Naren. On the day of Pooja's birthday, Anuj shoots Angraj trying to save Pooja but Naren shoots Anuj to defend his half brother resulting in both Angraj and Anuj dying causing tension between Naren and Pooja's families.
Angraj is revealed to be alive and gets a plastic surgery and returns with Naren's face and kidnaps the real Naren. Angraj (as Naren) takes Naren's place at home. After an interesting twist in the plot, Supriya herself kills Angraj.
The story ends with Supriya managing Angraj's foundation, Rahul and Surbhi having a baby boy, Anuj's wife Rachel (Sandhya Mehta) marries Rahul's half brother Arjun Vyas (Khushwant Walia), and Pooja gets pregnant with Naren's child.
- Akshay Mhatre as Naren Vyas
- Veer Bhanushali as young Naren Vyas
- Sheen Das as Pooja Vyas
- Kanwarjit Paintal as Kashinath Vyas, patriarch of the Vyas family, Hardik and Harish's father
- Avinash Wadhawan as Harish Vyas, Kahinath's elder son, Naren and Angraj's father
- Aankit Hs Vyas as Rahul Vyas ( Antagonist)
- Jyoti Gauba as Supriya Vyas, Harish's wife, Naren's adoptive mother, Angraj's biological mother
- Jaya Binju Tyagi as Chandrika, Naren's biological mother
- Vijay Kalvani as Hardik Vyas, Kashinath's younger son, Harish's brother
- Parul Chaudhary as Neelima Vyas, Hardik's wife
- Ritu Chauhan as Surbhi Vyas, Rahul's wife
- Khushwant Walia as Arjun Vyas, Hardik's illegitimate son, Ritu's second husband
- Chaitrali Gupte as Harsha Kaushal, Kashinath's daughter
- Farukh Saeed as Rakesh Kaushal, Harsha's husband
- Tushar Khanna as Mayank Kaushal, Harsha and Rakesh's son
- Gulki Joshi as Naina, Pooja's half-sister and Mayank's wife
- Khalid Siddiqui as Ashish Kapoor, Pooja's obsessive lover
- Saptrishi Ghosh as Yash Singhania, Surbhi's father
- Mamta Verma as Shilpa Singhania, Surbhi's mother
- Sangeita Chauhan as Meghna Goenka, Naren's blind adoptive sister
- Rakesh Kukreti as Mr. Goenka, Meghna's father-in-law
- Kuldeep Mallik as Satish Gupta, Pooja's maternal uncle
- Chitrapama Banerjee as Kusum Gupta, Pooja's maternal aunt
- Rohan Rai as Anuj Gupta, Pooja's cousin, Kusum and Satish's son
- Sandhya Mehta as Rachel / Ritu, Anuj's widow, later Arjun's wife
- Ashmita Jaggy as Inspector Shivani Gupta
- Rishabh Shukla as Babaji/Guruji
- Suhani Dhanki as Chandni, a harlot
- Arti Gupta as Dr. Kiran, Danish's wife
- Suraj Kakkar as Dr. Anand, Pooja's ex-fiancé
- Neha Marda as Bela
- Pawan Mahendroo as Bela's father
- Krishanu Rathore as Praveen, Bela's husband
|1.||"Malanga Re"||Raghvendra Singh||Tyson Paul||Krishna Beura||4:23|
|2.||"Jogiya"||Raghvendra Singh||Tyson Paul||Akanksha Sharma||7:15|
|3.||"Chal Sanyasi"||Raghvendra Singh||Tyson Paul||Akanksha Sharma||3:05|
- "Piyaa Albela Is Very Close To My Heart: Sooraj Barjatya". 30 January 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Sooraj Barjatya's latest TV show 'Piyaa Albela' is a modern interpretation of the Vishwamitra-Menaka story - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 6 February 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Portraying a timeless love saga". The Hans India. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Sooraj Barjatyas new show Piyaa Albela is the love story we had all been waiting for". Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Piyaa Albela introduces its lead protagonists in the most unique way - Times of India". Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- Correspondent, After Hrs (17 February 2017). "Sooraj Barjatya casts fresh faces for his TV romcom 'Piya Albela'". DNA India. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Family dramas are rare today: Sooraj Barjatya - Times of India". Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Sheen Das and Akshay Mhatre's Piyaa Albela comes to an end | TV - Times of India Videos". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Piyaa Albela LAST SCENE / CLIMAX REVEALED!! | Akshay Mhatre & Sheen Dass | Piya Albela Final Episode". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- India-West, R. M. VIJAYAKAR, Special to. "Zee Show 'Piya Albela' Takes Time Leap: Lead Pair Sheen Das and Akshay Mhatre to Don New Looks". India West. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- Team, Author: Editorial (6 May 2018). "Breaking into the TV industry has become easier: Akshay Mhatre". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "I confide in Akshay, says Sheen Dass". 26 March 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Avinash Wadhwan: Even an Oscar winner will exhaust all his creative skills if he does our TV soaps - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Parull Chaudhary: "Shilpa Shetty is my fitness Role Model" - Times of India". Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Khushwant Walia to enter Zee TV's Piya Albela". IWMBuzz. 9 August 2018. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Gulki Joshi to enter Piyaa Albela - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "I don't find negative characters convincing on TV: Sangeita Chauhan". IWMBuzz. 11 May 2018. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- Neha Maheshwari. "A love triangle in the offing on 'Piyaa Albela'". The Times Of India. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- zeetv (24 March 2017). "Malanga Song - Piyaa Albela". Retrieved 6 May 2017 – via YouTube.
- zeetv (24 March 2017). "Jogiya Song - Piyaa Albela". Retrieved 6 May 2017 – via YouTube.
- zeetv (24 March 2017). "Chal Sanyasi Song - Piyaa Albela". Retrieved 6 May 2017 – via YouTube.