Tranås (Swedish pronunciation: [ˈtrɑ̂ːnoːs]) is a locality and the seat of Tranås Municipality, Jönköping County, Sweden with 14,197 inhabitants in 2010.
|Coordinates: 58°02′N 14°58′E / 58.033°N 14.967°ECoordinates: 58°02′N 14°58′E / 58.033°N 14.967°E|
|• Total||10.56 km2 (4.08 sq mi)|
(31 December 2010)
|• Density||1,345/km2 (3,480/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
It is close to the lake Sommen in the north of Småland. Its main commercial center is located along the main street, Storgatan. The symbol of the town is the crane as featured on the town's coat of arms. Some of the bigger employers in the town are Strömsholmen, Pastejköket, OEM, EFG (European Furniture Group) and IVT.
The company Stiga was founded by Stig Hjelmquist in Tranås 1934. Since 2005 there is free bus service in the central part of town.
The town is also the home of Wood House, a major table tennis blade manufacturing facility 
- Ove Fundin, speedway racer
- Simon Holmström, ice hockey player
- Lennart Hyland, television host
- Lena Larsson, interior designer
- Dénis Lindbohm, author
- David Lingmerth, professional golfer
- Magnus Svensson, professional ice hockey player
- ^ a b c "Tätorternas landareal, folkmängd och invånare per km2 2005 och 2010" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. 14 December 2011. Archived from the original on 27 January 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- ^ Jöran Sahlgren; Gösta Bergman (1979). Svenska ortnamn med uttalsuppgifter (in Swedish). p. 25.
- ^ https://www.stiga.com/se/stiga-group
- ^ "Blades production | Yasaka".