Texas State Highway Loop 4
|Length||4.5 mi (7.2 km)|
|Existed||September 26, 1939–May 27, 2004|
|History||Southern portion replaced by RM 967|
Northern portion transferred to local jurisdiction
|North end||I-35 in Buda|
Loop 4 began at an intersection with the southbound frontage road of IH 35 north of Kyle. The route traveled due north into Buda, where it became that city's Main Street. It had two highway intersections in the city, with FM 2770 and RM 967. The route then traveled east before terminating at another junction with IH 35.
Loop 4 was designated on September 26, 1939 as a renumbering of SH 2 Loop. The original route branched off US 81 north of Kyle and traveled northwest into Buda. The loop rejoined US 81 north of the city center.
When IH 35 was constructed, Loop 4 connected with the freeway at Exits 217 (south of Buda) and 221 (north of Buda).
Loop 4 was removed from the state highway system on May 27, 2004. The portion from IH 35 Exit 217 to downtown Buda was redesignated as an extension of RM 967, while the segment from the intersection of RM 967 to the former northern terminus at Exit 221 was transferred to the city of Buda's jurisdiction.
The entire highway was in Hays County.
|||0.0||0.0||I-35 – San Antonio||Southern terminus|
|Buda||2.7||4.3||FM 2770 – Mountain City|
|2.9||4.7||RM 967 – Driftwood|
|4.5||7.2||I-35 – Austin||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Google (2011-01-07). "Overview map of Former Texas State Highway Loop 4 Distances Between Interchanges" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "State Highway Loop No. 4". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2010-07-15.
- Hays County Texas (County Number 106, Base Sheet 1) (Map) (1998 ed.). 1:126,720. Texas county highway maps. Cartography by Texas Department of Transportation, Transportation Planning and Programming Division. The General Libraries, University of Texas at Austin. Archived from the original on 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "Ranch to Market Road No. 967". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2012). Texas County Mapbook (PDF) (Map) (2012 ed.). 1:120,000. Texas Department of Transportation. p. 432. OCLC 867856197. Retrieved 2011-01-07.[dead link]