|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool or Creative Commons Search may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
Proposals for articleEdit
This page needs to be turned into a disambiguation page, to differentiate between the common use for taxpayer (a person who pays taxes) and the structure referred to as a taxpayer (a 2-3 story building, usually built as part of a row in a city, that has a store on the lower level and a residence on the upper level(s) that is often occupied by the shopkeeper.)--catseyes 02:39, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
- No-one seems to have found the above proposal appropriate. Instead I propose that it should be either:
- There are several incoming links, so I do not think deletion is appropriate. - Fayenatic (talk) 21:04, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- This article does not require turning into a disambiguation page, to differentiate between the common use for taxpayer (a person who ::pays taxes) or a company and the obscure (nationally specific?) structure referred to as a taxpayer as disambiguation pages are used ::mostly for long lists of items rather than for where there is a common usage and one obscure usage.
- "(a 2-3 story building, usually built as part of a row in a city, that has a store on the lower level and a residence on the upper ::level(s) that is often occupied by the shopkeeper.)".
- This is best addressed by including the differentiation point above, in the article and / or creating a link to a new article ::"Taxpayer (Building)"
- The alleged building-type is so obscure that I do not think it needs to be included in Wikipedia. I can't find any references to it in the encyclopedia or on the web.
- Although I have just added "see also" links to other relevant articles that begin with "taxpayer", this still does not justify a disambiguation page, as none of the targets would be intended by the single word "taxpayer".
- Therefore I think the page should be redirected to "tax".
- This was undone by Theo Pardilla stating "as per talk page" but the above discussion does not explain why a one-line definition is better than a redirect. Wikipedia is not a dictionary. - Fayenatic (talk) 17:43, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
- I added a page on taxpayers as firefighters and urban planners think of them at Taxpayer_(building). Started this article a while ago but just remembered I had it saved! NGC1976 (talk) 18:26, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Taxpayer buildings can be found on the 'net and I think it would be good to include them: http://www.oldhouseweb.com/blog/taxpayer-buildings/ http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t103348/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 15:14, 16 April 2013 (UTC)