- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: NO CONSENSUS (non-admin closure) Galobtter (pingó mió) 13:13, 31 December 2017 (UTC)
Clarksville → Clarksville (disambiguation)
Clarksville → redirect to Clarksville, Tennessee – The city in Tennessee is clearly the primary topic. The biggest challenge would be a city in Indiana of about 20,000, which the Tennessee city receives almost ten times as many daily views (, ), and a city in Arkansas of about 9,000 which receives the same. All other cities are either small towns or unincorporated communities. Bneu2013 (talk) 19:53, 18 December 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose In this case, I don't really see the point of changing it to just "Clarksville". Clarksville, Indiana regularly gets 60+ views/day, which while not massive, is still grounds for not assuming that the only article people want is the one about the Tennessee city.ZXCVBNM (TALK) 08:05, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose Not a clear benefit here. In ictu oculi (talk) 09:23, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose, not seeing a clear primary topic out of the large selection of possible topics. bd2412 T 14:15, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support. The pageviews show a clear supermajority for the Tennessee place, with no other article even getting double digits of viewership. The Tennessee city has more long-term educational value as well, so it meets both sides of WP:PRIMARYTOPIC. Dohn joe (talk) 16:56, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
Opppose per WP:PRIMARYTOPIC. According to page views, both the city in Tennessee and Indiana get around the same page views, and there is no clear primary topic. Keep dab as is. CookieMonster755 𝚨-𝛀 02:41, 20 December 2017 (UTC)
- User:CookieMonster755: would you take another look, please? The Tennessee city actually gets over 8 times as many pageviews as the Indiana city, and more 60% of all the "Clarksville" pageviews combined.... Dohn joe (talk) 16:20, 20 December 2017 (UTC)
- Change to Support – Please excuse me, Dohn joe. I have mistaken the page views. You are correct, the Tennessee city gets much more views then then other cities of the same name. Move per WP:PTOPIC, with these page views to support it. CookieMonster755✉ 02:05, 27 December 2017 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.