|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia. The original talk page is located at
Draft: ARIDA: Backlands AwakeningEdit
Hello. I add sources with coverage in Draft:ARIDA: Backland's Awakening. I would like to request a reconsideration. I intend to expand the content from the material I found. But I would feel more comfortable doing this after the article is approved. The sources are in Portuguese because the game is Brazilian, but I believe that there is no problem. Best regards ✍A.WagnerC (talk) 16:13, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
Hello. I would like to cancel Draft:ARIDA: Backland's Awakening submission, if possible. The author agreed to the deletion. It will be rewritten. Best regards. ✍A.WagnerC (talk) 15:24, 10 February 2021 (UTC)
European Speedrunner AssemblyEdit
I'm confused why you wanted the redirect at European Speedrunner Assembly deleted, because the draft at Draft:European Speedrunner Assembly hasn't been accepted and has a lot of serious issues. Are you an AfC reviewer? Fences&Windows 01:30, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
- @Fences and windows:I was about to accept the draft. I don't have page deletion privileges, as I am not an admin. I won't say it's a fantastic article, but in my opinion, per WP:NEXIST and WP:NORUSH, it can always be improved later in article space rather than forcing it to remain as a draft, as long as it's acceptable.ZXCVBNM (TALK) 03:22, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
- I suggest you complete your AfC reviews before you request a move if admin help is needed so the status is clear. Please also check for other comments and discussions before proceeding, because User:Hatchens had commented "Completely confused. This draft needs an expert's review" and User:CiphriusKane was in the middle of discussing concerns with the creator at User talk:Forscha#Draft:European Speedrunner Assembly.
- I don't think the draft was neutrally written, which is a reason to decline, and the coverage in the gaming press I could find consisted of reheated press releases, so I am genuinely unsure that notability does exist. It may do, but it needs better evidence - asserting sufficient sources exist doesn't satisfy NEXIST.
- Though I am not an AfC regular, I'm aware of the criteria and the risk of demanding perfection from drafts - I just don't think that particular draft was ready and I feel the draft's creator could do with some assistance before it's approved. CiphriusKane is already on the case and with your help it may well be acceptable shortly. Fences&Windows 11:50, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
Wikiproject Video games Newsletter surveyEdit
Hello Zxcvbnm! I'm conducting a feature for the video games newsletter similar to that of a survey. I'm going to ask users their opinions on a specific matter and highlight unique and common answers to determine consensus on a subject. Your input would be very valuable, alongside others, to help answer this question.
The question is: How do you determine what makes a video game character notable enough for their own page? Do you follow pre-existing guidelines or have your own opinions on the matter?
Rayman bowling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Rayman_BowllingEdit
Hi there, I'm new in Wikipedia. I liked to improve my skills in writing articles. I had issues before with notability. I would appreciate some direct advises, (not guidelines), about this subject. I think this article was little too. Please let me know what do you think. Was small enough to think it is not notable? or just have few sources?--Javier Alejandro Herrera Carvajal (talk) 17:39, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
- @Javier Alejandro Herrera Carvajal: It was the amount of sources that is the problem. There are too few to meet the WP:GNG policy that states when a topic should have its own article. It's not notable enough for a standalone article, but I have no prejudice against the information being included in the main series article as its existence can be confirmed by sources, much like the other Rayman article you did earlier that got redirected.ZXCVBNM (TALK) 08:18, 20 February 2021 (UTC)
What do you need ? (Draft:Axolot Games)Edit
Godd Afternoon ! If Official Sites, Profiles aren't enough for you so what do you need ? : NewsPapers Articles, CEO's Interview, Youtube Channel, Steam Games Page,...., Company Statement Sheet !? I've even run into Companies Wikipedia Article that aren less documented than that !
- @ACI99-0001: Hello, the answers you need are all in WP:ORGCRIT so you are best off reading that. It means that the company must have been covered significantly in secondary sources. (i.e. places the company did not create themselves, such as their official website, their social media pages, et cetera). Otherwise it is considered advertising, which is not allowed. News articles would be an example of such a thing - IF the coverage is not trivial.ZXCVBNM (TALK) 04:05, 23 March 2021 (UTC)