Status: Active. bd2412 T
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BD2412.
—— • ——
I propose a college class on Wikipedia where students are graded
by the level of responsibility they achieve on the site.
Those who become an Administrator will get an "A" for "Administrator".
Those who becomes Bureaucrats, of course, will get a "B",
Checkusers will get a "C", and you know what happens
to those who become Developers, or go to work for the Foundation.
—— • ——
A man is the whole encyclopedia of facts.
The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn,
and Egypt, Greece, Rome, Gaul, Britain, America,
lie folded already in the first man.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Essays, History.
—— • ——
When 900,000 edits, you have reached, look as good, you will not.
Wiki Master Yoda.
—— • ——
BD2412 (global count • editcount • article count • blocks • protects • deletes • moves) is one of the longest-serving administrators on English Wikipedia (since December of 2005); and is also an administrator on English Wiktionary; and on English Wikisource; and an admin and bureaucrat on English Wikiquote.
This editor is a Grand High Togneme Laureate
and is entitled to display the Book of All Knowledge: 3rd Edition
and attach the library barcode.
|This user has been editing Wikipedia for more than fifteen years.|
|Look up User:BD2412 in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This user has published peer-reviewed book chapters.|
|This user has written books, novels or plays that have been published.|
Some principles to live by
Wearing the t-shirt that I won for my work in the September 2014 disambiguation contest.
Wearing the t-shirt that I won for my work in the March 2015 disambiguation contest.
- Be aware of Google bias when testing for importance or existence: bear in mind that Google will be biased in favor of modern subjects of interest to people from developed countries with Internet access, so it should be used with some judgment.
- Wikipedia is not an experiment in democracy: its primary method of finding consensus is discussion, not voting. That is, majority opinion does not necessarily rule in Wikipedia. Various votes are regularly conducted, but their numerical results are usually only one of several means of making a decision. The discussions that accompany the voting processes are crucial means of reaching consensus.
- Wikipedia is not the edge of the world: if you really want to say something on the Internet, and it doesn't belong here, there are always alternatives.
- Observe Chesterton's fence.
- There is no deadline.
- Give thanks.
Wikithings To Do
- Fix (jurist) entries.
- List of United States federal judges by longevity of service
- Wikipedia:WikiProject United States courts and judges/Court evaluations
- John J. Gore
- Complete List of courts of the United States (including info from User:Postdlf/courts).
- List of United States federal courthouses
- Wikipedia:WikiProject United States courts and judges/courthouses
- Wikipedia:WikiProject National Register of Historic Places/GSA federal building links
- Wikify biographies from List of Judges of the United States Tax Court.
- Category:Bot-created FJC subpages needing merge action
- Pages that link to "Template:Cleanup FJC Bio"
- Tidy Impeachment investigations of United States federal judges
The work just keeps right on rolling along.
Under the banner of Wikipedia:WikiProject Law, we will make Wikipedia the world's most comprehensive internet source of free legal information.
- List of U.S. state constitutional provisions allowing self-representation in state courts.
- /Tax protesters - the role of courts.
- Make sure that all court cases have citations.
- Fill in Postdlf's court case infoboxes for all of my court cases (and then for everyone elses).
- Add Category:United States courts of appeals cases to all U.S. Court of Appeals cases.
- Fix errant links to Supreme court.
- Case articles to do:
- Fix up United States v. Curtiss-Wright Export Corp.
Pumping out the disambig fixes.
- Regular reports
- User:RussBot/Candidates for disambiguation by extending link
- User:RussBot/Invalid redirect hatnotes
- User:RussBot/Possible hatnote disambiguation links
- User:RussBot/Potentially intentional dablinks
- Recently added disambiguation pages with links
- Questionable redirects to disambiguation pages
- Incomplete dabs, Compound dab titles, Categories with dabs
- User:RussBot/Disambiguation not needed/001 and User:RussBot/Disambiguation not needed/002
- User:RussBot/Foo of Bar dab pages/001
- User:RussBot/Plural dab pages/001
- Wikipedia:Database reports/Broken section anchors
- Populate List of political and geographic subdivisions by total area
- Category:Copy to Wikiquote
- Chip away at Wikipedia:Disambiguation pages with links:
- Pages to de-disambiguate: CCTV International
- Long term disambig projects (need articles written): Capacity, Ward
- Disambig maintenance: Oscar, Phoenix, Ainu, Battery, Crest, Dean, Hart, Mohawk, Pantheon, Rancid, Sam, Vulcan, NASL.
- Non-disambig pages with frequent erroneous links: judgment, Supreme Court.
- Keep an eye on new anonymous edits
- Condemn spamvertisers to Wiki-Hell.
- Keep an eye on this and various things from the list and the guide.
- Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)/Archive 100#Offering a prize for an editing contest.
Other specific tasks
- Provide articles for red links on the following pages:
- Most wanted law articles
- Notable terms at Wikipedia:Requested articles/Applied arts and sciences/Law (merge or redirect the rest to more appropriate places); I hammered through much of it while studying for the Bar exam.
- Lists of United States Supreme Court cases
- List of United States federal legislation
- List of law schools in the United States
Please feel free to add to the collection here. Cheers!
- Yes, I am a lawyer. No, I am not giving you legal advice.
- I agree to multi-license all my text, image, and design contributions, including my user pages, as described below:
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.
|Minor edits multi-licensed into the public domain
|I agree to multi-license my eligible text contributions marked as minor edits, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and into the public domain. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my minor edit contributions in the public domain, please check the multi-licensing guide.
||Licensing rights granted to Wikimedia Foundation
|I grant non-exclusive permission for the Wikimedia Foundation Inc. to relicense my text contributions under any copyleft license that it chooses, provided it maintains the free and open spirit of the GFDL. This permission acknowledges that future licensing needs of the Wikimedia projects may need adapting in unforeseen fashions to facilitate other uses, formats, and locations. It is given for as long as this banner remains.
|This user has been editing Wikipedia for more than ten years.|
| This user has been on Wikipedia for 15 years, 9 months and 11 days.|
|This user has been an admin for |
14 years, 11 months and 23 days.
|33%||This user has been a Wikipedian for 32.9% of their life.|
Ranked 8th in page creations including redirects as of 13 October 2017