Requested move 14 December 2016Edit
Bernie Sanders - c'mon!Edit
He should be on the page. Why don't I make the edit? I'm not interested in drama. And I'm pretty certain it would be "controversial" for some.
- Given names have their own page. Clarityfiend (talk) 08:22, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Revisiting this after a year, there are particularly high pageview statistics to Bernie Sanders, so it makes sense to add one exception to list this article beneath the "Bernie (given name)" entry. Other search methods (e.g. Google Images) re-affirm that there is a good chance that anyone searching "Bernie" is looking for Bernie Sanders, despite not being known mononymously as "Bernie". +mt 01:39, 16 November 2018 (UTC)
- Adding a few others to a view of pageview statistics (and modifying the axes), views to Bernie Sanders generally exceed most others by a decent margin. I'm not too bothered whether a few notable names are nested in this disambiguation article or not (e.g. see Hilary), but just pointing out there is pretty good evidence to suggest which "Bernie" folks are looking for, and would support this as an exception. +mt 20:38, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- How is that discussion not relevant? If Sanders doesn't qualify as the WP:PRIMARYTOPIC, he doesn't qualify to be here. Lincoln, yes. Einstein, yes. Bernie, no. There are just too many other prominent Bernies. Also, I've removed Clinton and Edmund (and a couple of other inappropriate entries) from Hilary. Clarityfiend (talk) 07:43, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- New year, new issues:
- I was hoping to lazily wiki “Bernie” and at least see the damn man listed on the page somewhere to click on. He wasn’t listed. Thank you, guys – I thought we were supposed to be a public service? Who the heck doesn’t associate “Bernie” with Mr. Bernie Sanders? The man is larger than US internal politics—it’s a disservice that he’s not listed here! I would add him under the ‘be bold’ principle, but I’m sure it’d just get reverted.
And I won't stand for that. When someone nearly becomes a general election American presidential canditate, they need to be recognized for that, instead of childishly ignored. I'm even willing to get banned over this. That's completely wrong to snub such a major figure in American politcs due to ones own political prejudices.